Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I can totally understand someone bouncing off isaac but man if that game gets you it gets you hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CrRoMa posted:

I can totally understand someone bouncing off isaac but man if that game gets you it gets you hard

Uh phrasing?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CrRoMa posted:

I've tried about 5 times to get into it and just keep bouncing off.

Sucked in hard on Dead Cell though. So :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isaac never really got it's hooks in me. I beat mom once and never felt like going back but I did enjoy the 5 or 6 hours it took to do that. Always hated how that game looked though.

Dead Cells has hooked me far worse because it's just way more fun to play, but at a certain point it's starting to feel like it's wasting my time. It isn't nearly as "random" as something like Issac and after a while starts to feel like it's just making you play a whole game from the beginning over and over. The thing that I find super annoying is that my ability to beat the first boss seems like it's mostly based on whether or not my gear can tank him, because your character can't jump high enough to get over his aoe attack it's basically a battle of attrition that you can lose just because of bad luck. So, I always get to him, half the time I beat him and push on and usually die in the next area, the other half he just kills me because I can't damage him quick enough. It's a frustrating loop. Before that I felt like the game had a really nice progression but I've just stagnated now. Would be really nice to get a new ability or something.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
BoI is fun to play but it's a loving chore to look at. I get it. Dead babies and poop. Show me something else.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Isaac never really got it's hooks in me. I beat mom once and never felt like going back but I did enjoy the 5 or 6 hours it took to do that. Always hated how that game looked though.

Dead Cells has hooked me far worse because it's just way more fun to play, but at a certain point it's starting to feel like it's wasting my time. It isn't nearly as "random" as something like Issac and after a while starts to feel like it's just making you play a whole game from the beginning over and over. The thing that I find super annoying is that my ability to beat the first boss seems like it's mostly based on whether or not my gear can tank him, because your character can't jump high enough to get over his aoe attack it's basically a battle of attrition that you can lose just because of bad luck. So, I always get to him, half the time I beat him and push on and usually die in the next area, the other half he just kills me because I can't damage him quick enough. It's a frustrating loop. Before that I felt like the game had a really nice progression but I've just stagnated now. Would be really nice to get a new ability or something.

I put points into money rollover and the buy new items in shops. Much better now.

I also feel like I've seen most of what the game has to offer but I tried to move to another game and quit after 5 minutes to do another run...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

I put points into money rollover and the buy new items in shops. Much better now.

I also feel like I've seen most of what the game has to offer but I tried to move to another game and quit after 5 minutes to do another run...

I'm up to 6000, that definitely helps but sometimes the game just gives you bum gear anyways. I need to get the store refresh item.

And yes, god it's ridiculously addictive. I keep getting annoyed with and turn it right back on an hour later.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Found the traffic cone, no Majima though :(

According to a guide there should be a green marker on the map where i can challenge him but I'm lost

CrRoMa fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 22, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I'm up to 6000, that definitely helps but sometimes the game just gives you bum gear anyways. I need to get the store refresh item.

And yes, god it's ridiculously addictive. I keep getting annoyed with and turn it right back on an hour later.

You can reset for no punishment. You dont lose starting money. It's annoying and savescum feeling so I just roll past stuff and try to get to a timed room if I get poo poo gear.

Kind of commit to a speedrun(gets you blueprints) or a full exploration prepares you for bosses.

Do you have all the permanent upgrades? I totally looked up the last one wall run because I had so many places to go it would have taken forever to randomly find

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I played the poo poo out of the first issac and then proceeded to not care about the re-release

it had better music and didn't have as many annoying enemies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

You can reset for no punishment. You dont lose starting money. It's annoying and savescum feeling so I just roll past stuff and try to get to a timed room if I get poo poo gear.

Kind of commit to a speedrun(gets you blueprints) or a full exploration prepares you for bosses.

Do you have all the permanent upgrades? I totally looked up the last one wall run because I had so many places to go it would have taken forever to randomly find

The only upgrade I have is the vine climbing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

No Guacamelee 2 chat!?

Haven’t had a chance to play yet

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The only upgrade I have is the vine climbing.

Just follow anywhere you see one then and you will find new places that will murder you. Exploring/killing everything to get as much upgrades is important for health.

I tend to try and get 3 in every upgrade for health the. Specialize hard.

Great weapons you get from bosses or elites will scale on any color so dont be scared to go full purple with some cool traps

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CrRoMa posted:

Found the traffic cone, no Majima though :(

According to a guide there should be a green marker on the map where i can challenge him but I'm lost

the gamefaq for majima everywhere should tell you where he can be found based on your rank, chapter and emails.

also the traffic cone should be moving.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did the traffic cone earlier, right near Smile Burger. Did you go up to it and press X when it said Check? Seems like a patronising question but I dunno.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No Guacamelee 2 chat!?

Oh My God I didn't know this was a thing!

Also I have been super hooked on Binding of Isaac recently! Will have to check out Dead Cells.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Just follow anywhere you see one then and you will find new places that will murder you. Exploring/killing everything to get as much upgrades is important for health.

I tend to try and get 3 in every upgrade for health the. Specialize hard.

Great weapons you get from bosses or elites will scale on any color so dont be scared to go full purple with some cool traps

So better to go through the sewers instead of the promenade to get to the ramparts then? Those are my only open routes afaik. I should probably try and beat the area below the guy in the jail cell in the sewers to see if that drops something interesting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Over There posted:

I played the poo poo out of the first issac and then proceeded to not care about the re-release

it had better music and didn't have as many annoying enemies.

Yeah, I got used to the art and music changes but it's been kinda disappointing that every major BOI update makes everything harder across the board.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

veni veni veni posted:

So better to go through the sewers instead of the promenade to get to the ramparts then? Those are my only open routes afaik. I should probably try and beat the area below the guy in the jail cell in the sewers to see if that drops something interesting.

Yes, do that exactly. Also, try to avoid the ramparts entirely.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo, I've been thinking that was my only option. Good to know. I think maybe I need to get more ballsy/experimental. Been playing it too safe.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The new areas you get to will have the next permanent upgrade (more moves like the vine thing) it starts to really go crazy after you get those. You can go to areas in weird orders. Fight other bosses then fight the concierge after! Then you get really powerful and it's great. Theres one elite that kills me every time I get to a certain level (which has been like 3 times) what secrets is he hiding? Will I get to open doors?!? Who knows

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No Guacamelee 2 chat!?

It's pretty good so far! I haven't had much time to play it though. The art style's still great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

The new areas you get to will have the next permanent upgrade (more moves like the vine thing) it starts to really go crazy after you get those. You can go to areas in weird orders. Fight other bosses then fight the concierge after! Then you get really powerful and it's great. Theres one elite that kills me every time I get to a certain level (which has been like 3 times) what secrets is he hiding? Will I get to open doors?!? Who knows

Nice. Tbh it sounds like my limited options are more my fault than the games. I'm gonna push more towards full exploration even if it gets me killed than progressing areas for now.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

veni veni veni posted:

Nice. Tbh it sounds like my limited options are more my fault than the games. I'm gonna push more towards full exploration even if it gets me killed than progressing areas for now.

Each permanent upgrade you find will access a new area with a new upgrade.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Seedge posted:

Each permanent upgrade you find will access a new area with a new upgrade.

Yeah. The last one is kind of tricky because you have a LOT of options on where to go. 3 exits on some levels so I finially looked that up out of frustration.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No Guacamelee 2 chat!?

I forgot that it came out but I loved the first one

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/1032325353191206912?s=19

I don't even own a record player but I fuckin want this anyway lol

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

drat that's a price tag. Want but pass

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSo15ekYEM4

This game looks real slick.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is worth 60 bucks, right? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Yaku...YsAAOSwz~paKpdC

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

That’s really slick but goddamn companies straight up rob people on vinyl these days.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

beep by grandpa posted:

Ahhhh I need it!

I would pay half price for just Automata for sure.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So no one has to click they want $85 for that vinyl

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ahhhh I need it!

The Automata soundtrack just on its own is soldout. :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think I've done enough loving around in God of War. I got the dead Dwarf King armor, and the only step above that would be the Ivaldi's or the Valkyries' but I won't be able to play any videogames tomorrow so I'll beeline the main quest during the weekend and get ready for YaKiwami 2.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I think I've done enough loving around in God of War. I got the dead Dwarf King armor, and the only step above that would be the Ivaldi's or the Valkyries' but I won't be able to play any videogames tomorrow so I'll beeline the main quest during the weekend and get ready for YaKiwami 2.

lol weren't you gonna wait?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So no one has to click they want $85 for that vinyl

drat that's a lot

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ahhhh I need it!

og nier's soundtrack is legit better than automata imo. especially the remixes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusWj-jliJM

Gameplay for Supermassive's new game: Man of Medan. It looks like more Until Dawn, so rejoice!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

beep by grandpa posted:

I may or may not have bought a new record player to listen to this properly. It was totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

how much a crapshoot do you think trying to get the limited edition 500 million pro from best buy online going to be?