Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really don’t think TEOTFW will be served by a second season but sure I’ll watch it why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

That ending was perfect, though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Only fifteen minutes into the new Castle Rock, but this week's episode is genuinely haunting, and touching.

Edit: If Spacek doesn't get at least nominated for this, I'll be surprised. I cried.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 22, 2018

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Calaveron posted:

You know what makes watching Cheers harder
Knowing that no one gets any sort of happiness except Woody, years later they’re still miserable drunks who dislike their spouses, are in dead end jobs, got divorced and became even more alcoholic, or are pursuing dreams that just won’t come true
I mean I guess Sam is at least getting help for being a sex weirdo and Frasier may or may not have made things work with that one lady but still, dang

Pretty much. The latter seasons kind of forget the melancholy of the first few, but the last season brings it back a bit.

It was very much like TAXI in that regard, in that it was a funny show wrapped in sadness.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Don't go in the thread, it's a garbage fire.

It seems like everyone in the thread just wants to jerk each other off over how much they don't like it. I don't know why I bother going in show threads.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV: Don't go in the thread, it's a garbage fire.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

It seems like everyone in the thread just wants to jerk each other off over how much they don't like it. I don't know why I bother going in show threads.

"This show isn't immediately as good as peak Futurama, it's garbage"

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's weird. People used to bitch how Futurama was a lovely Simpsons set in the future for the first few seasons too.

Anyway. BCS is so god drat good, I'm wondering if I would enjoy a BB rewatch.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Literally got an audible "oh no" out of me during recent Castle Rock.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Yeah I really should stop reading that thread lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1032333083339644929

Some thought this day would never come

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh thank god

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

BBT is fine, I won't especially miss it though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gotta wonder why. Salary negotiations?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Only fifteen minutes into the new Castle Rock, but this week's episode is genuinely haunting, and touching.

Edit: If Spacek doesn't get at least nominated for this, I'll be surprised. I cried.

Yea it was a really good episode but it felt like it was heavily influenced by the movie The Arrivial. They even used the same score.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

oh thank god

proof He exists tbh

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

proof He exists tbh

Escobarbarian posted:

oh thank god

Why do you watch the show though, out of curiosity?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't watch the show but I'm glad it won't be nominated for any more Emmy's.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
......I don’t. Haven’t for four years at least.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

IRQ posted:

I've seen maybe?? 3 episodes back in like season 3 and thought it was awful. Mostly I'm relieved to stop having relatives constantly talking about BBT or comparing any nerdy family member to Sheldon b/c it got old a while ago lmao

tho I suppose it shall live on in Young Sheldon so are we truly free ??

e:

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't watch the show but I'm glad it won't be nominated for any more Emmy's.

This too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Last night's Castle Rock was amazing. Perfectly captured the suspense and kind of claustrophobic terror of peak Stephen King. My only complaint is that The Kid was being a perfect gentleman and did nothing wrong by Ruth.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IRQ posted:

im happy it will be abnormal once this show dies to get compared to an autistic monster in day to day life, that'd be nice.

Plus the words "retarded" or "autistic" are gonna be the awful thing our generation can't get right btw.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

My wife made me pick it back up. I watched the first few seasons but it got old quick. She loves it and doesn't understand why I don't like the poor writing. And we will never be free of Chuck Lorre.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There's 12 seasons out there that will continue to run in syndication across 80 billion stations. If you think the show is leaving the public awareness anytime soon, you are deluding yourself.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/WEarlBrown/status/1032107517801889793

Not a lot more detail he revealed other than sadly Titus Welliver can't return. But there will be a 10 year time jump.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bull3964 posted:

There's 12 seasons out there that will continue to run in syndication across 80 billion stations. If you think the show is leaving the public awareness anytime soon, you are deluding yourself.

It's def never going away for good, but like moving on from Two 1/2 Men to BBT they will move onto the next mediocre and probably Chuck Lorre produced sitcom and the bazingas will become less at least lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think any of them are gonna flock to Mom and his Netflix joint* didn’t do well so we’ll see

* lol because it was about weed

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mom makes me sad b/c Janney and Faris are so good and that show isn't very good lmao

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

It's def never going away for good, but like moving on from Two 1/2 Men to BBT they will move onto the next mediocre and probably Chuck Lorre produced sitcom and the bazingas will become less at least lmao

Fortunately Chuck Lorre already has a new sitcom launching this November.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

esperterra posted:

Mom is already clogging the basic cable syndication timeslots. At least Mike & Molly occasionally seems to have heart.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

esperterra posted:

Mom makes me sad b/c Janney and Faris are so good and that show isn't very good lmao

:hai:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

For sure. It’s interesting how it tries/tried (I haven’t seen it in a very long time) to be a little more thoughtful and touch on issues about alcoholism and such but it’s still too much of a lovely Lorre show for it to land

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In other news, I finally finished Handmaid’s Tale s2 and while it was good and overall better than the first imo I have no real interest in the June for Jendetta thing they’re setting up for the third season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

For sure. It’s interesting how it tries/tried (I haven’t seen it in a very long time) to be a little more thoughtful and touch on issues about alcoholism and such but it’s still too much of a lovely Lorre show for it to land

Yeah, I def gave it more time than his other stuff, but it still just never really hooked me. It seemed better than BBT or Two 1/2 Men, at least.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is there a thread for Castle Rock I missed? Seems like a show right up TVIV's alley.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed BBT for quite awhile but lost interest quite awhile back. Has it really been 11 years? Goddamn. I imagine I've seen less of than I haven't seen.

But I've also never had anyone compare me to a character on the show. So I guess I don't know some people's pain. The closest was maybe some vague comic book stuff early on but I haven't actually been in a comic book store in a decade and who doesn't watch some comic book tv show or movie these days?

Speaking of, finished Cloak and Dagger and really enjoyed it. The ending was a little anticlimactic but I guess that was to be expected with no real "big bad" built up in the season. They did some interesting teases of expansions of powers and the world so I'm interested to see another season. I nice little short run comic adaption, although I wouldn't agree with people who say its the best comic show. But I get why they might feel that way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mindhunter is aggressively boring so far. As stupid as Aquarius was, at least it actually felt like the 60s. This just feels like a 2013 show that occasionally tells you that it's the 70s.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Have you met Ed Kemper yet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Mindhunter is aggressively boring so far. As stupid as Aquarius was, at least it actually felt like the 60s. This just feels like a 2013 show that occasionally tells you that it's the 70s.

Here's a guy who hasn't gotten to the Ed Kemper episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loved Mindhunter, but it definitely spins its wheels a bit when he isn't just conversing with the infinitely more interesting killers.

I was rly invested in Anna Torv as well.

e: kemper's so drat good