Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

havenwaters posted:

This is the most Matt it has ever been.

IT HAS EVER BEEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gEpQYEVsQ

Ashen the Vioblader is the best dumb edgy name I've seen since Gorr the God-Butcher and his weapon, All-Black the Necrosword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

That voice changer is pretty good, hard to even recognize it as Matt other than some of his speech patterns. Good vid I think, though I'm not particularly interested in the subject matter

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Edgelords kicks rear end already :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pat streamed eight hours of hollow knight and apparently beat it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat streamed eight hours of hollow knight and apparently beat it.

chat also discovered how small his hands really are

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenHungryMilkFreakinStinkin

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

havenwaters posted:

This is the most Matt it has ever been.

IT HAS EVER BEEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gEpQYEVsQ

This is my new favourite thing Matt's ever done :allears: The edgy middle schooler inside me is yelling right now and I think she's in love with ASHEN THE VIOBLADER :swoon:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

havenwaters posted:

chat also discovered how small his hands really are

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenHungryMilkFreakinStinkin

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Goddamn he went hard on hollow knight

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Obviously the game about a tiny creature wandering around a world of giants resonated with him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ethan from RE7 can't be Ethan W. from today's RE5 episode, right? That would be one hell of a connection.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Oh I didn't know they put their classic episodes and Let's Watches on Vimeo. Time to pop on Godzilla vs. Megalon again

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Does anyone who plays RE5, other than Pat, ever bring four entire weapons to missions? I haven't played RE5 since launch but I recall being able to do fine with just two weapons per character while still having the ability to pick things up, meanwhile these guys are armed to the teeth but a green and red herb next to each other present an insurmountable obstacle.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The one time I played it was by myself, so I gave Sheva a sniper rifle and all the ammo for it, and used the rest of her inventory as extra slots while I had all the rest of the weapons.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

Does anyone who plays RE5, other than Pat, ever bring four entire weapons to missions? I haven't played RE5 since launch but I recall being able to do fine with just two weapons per character while still having the ability to pick things up, meanwhile these guys are armed to the teeth but a green and red herb next to each other present an insurmountable obstacle.

last time i played i had the hydra and handcannon by now

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Phantasium posted:

The one time I played it was by myself, so I gave Sheva a sniper rifle and all the ammo for it, and used the rest of her inventory as extra slots while I had all the rest of the weapons.

Same, except I give the AI partner a machine gun. I usually run with a handgun, shotgun, and sniper rifle; subbing in a magnum or grenade launcher if I think it’ll help after a death

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

I would usually take 2-3 depending on how versatile or specialized the weapons are; you're not wrong that 4 is overkill and keeping ammo for all of those is killing the room for pickups and heals. Taking extra ammo for the revolver is especially unnecessary since you use it pretty rarely and I always found the game gave you enough to rely on as drops.

I think when I played it coop we did pistol/sniper/grenades and pistol/shotgun/magnum as our division of labor.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a cartoon duck posted:

pat loving sucks at the game so it makes sense

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

a cartoon duck posted:

Each person is either designated handgun or SMG guy. Each player gets sniper rifle or shotgun. You stick with those guns the whole game. You bring a magnum for boss fights if necessary. Congrats, you'll never remotely run out of ammo ever on co-op and have tons of space. Pat plays the game amazingly bad on almost every level.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, I'm a ways behind on the friend cast but did this guest guy just allude to immigrants being akin to a zombie plague

I have absolutely seen that comparison by shitbag chuds before and that sounded quite a bit like it

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, I'm a ways behind on the friend cast but did this guest guy just allude to immigrants being akin to a zombie plague

I have absolutely seen that comparison by shitbag chuds before and that sounded quite a bit like it

You'd be correct in that Adam/YMS guy went shitbag chud at some point. I think he tried to keep it off the podcast but I guess some slipped through.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585043&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1188#post486448425

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, fuckin' bummer. Its a shame they gave that guy the time of day.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
It was also, in my opinion, the worst podcast they've had in a long time.

I want more Woolie making badass OC angels and less chuds/talking about videos we can't see. The last two podcasts have been waaay better about the video thing, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Why are you people even watching SBFP if you're complaining about them playing a game poorly

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

havenwaters posted:

You'd be correct in that Adam/YMS guy went shitbag chud at some point. I think he tried to keep it off the podcast but I guess some slipped through.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585043&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1188#post486448425

Wasn't he always like that?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why are you people even watching SBFP if you're complaining about them playing a game poorly

I don't think anyone was saying that it was unwatchable garbage; just that Pat was loving up again. Like, calm down dude, people poo poo on their efforts all the time.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't think anyone was saying that it was unwatchable garbage; just that Pat was loving up again. Like, calm down dude, people poo poo on their efforts all the time.

Oh boy RE is nothing, you wanna see Pat loving up? Go play the first 4 hours of Hollow Knight like a normal person, and then watch Pat's first 8.

It's probably the hardest his crazy rationalisations have ever acted to his detriment in a video game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

Oh boy RE is nothing, you wanna see Pat loving up? Go play the first 4 hours of Hollow Knight like a normal person, and then watch Pat's first 8.

It's probably the hardest his crazy rationalisations have ever acted to his detriment in a video game.

No thanks, nothing against your advice but I'm just not interested in Hollow Night.

I doubt anything will ever top XCOM 2 anyway.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Idk what you're talking about with hollow knight he's blowing through that game. Only bad thing is people in chat telling him not to start the grimm troupe when there's no reason not to start knocking out the flames as you're going about your other business

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

RareAcumen posted:

No thanks, nothing against your advice but I'm just not interested in Hollow Night.

Sorry to say, but it appears you have a case of bad opinions. I fear it's terminal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Sorry to say, but it appears you have a case of bad opinions. I fear it's terminal.

Wow, can't believe it only took you till the 32nd page of my posting to pick up on that. :v:

I've known that for a long time!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's almost as bad as the people who liked Chie in persona 4 :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

It's almost as bad as the people who liked Chie in persona 4 :v:

Hey, any girl you can say 'Yooooooooo Ip Man is the poo poo' and get hype as a response to that is cool in my book.

All of them having these issues and arcs only to then say 'man, actually, that thing I complained about to you for 8 months and hated for much longer than that is actually cool and good' is more the problem to me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I appreciate Woolie's trolling with the outro theme of the podcast this week.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I'm talking about how he got crazy far into the game with only the most basic of movement abilities due to his 'progress spiraling method', making trivially easy obstacles harder to traverse.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 8 of Banner Saga LP: Did they really lose Yrsa?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Phantasium posted:

I appreciate Woolie's trolling with the outro theme of the podcast this week.

Real talk, when's Chrono Cross

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Real talk, when's Chrono Cross
Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it.

And quite bloody right :colbert:

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Episode 8 of Banner Saga LP: Did they really lose Yrsa?

Most people lose Yrsa, like 3 out of whatever of those options result in her deserting you.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that was a powerful ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

when’s shenmue