Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was Britain First, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

And he got defended by NuMosley. That’s more of a kiss of death than posting it in the first place.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Matinee posted:

Barry Chuckle has died :(

Not until... oh no
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1026016484689170432

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Matinee posted:

Nah, he was the EDL one. That was a milkshake duck moment for me.

They're both (as in the two famous ones) like that, I don't recommend following Paul on Twitter!

Has anyone been reading the "jumped the shark" articles on the guardian? They're about shows overstaying their welcome and it's getting frustrating that they all seem to just end out of nowhere. Why bother writing articles about that if you're not going to discuss what's gone wrong?
I don't expect anything like that amazing "Why Simpsons Sucks" thing but at least a bit more than two paragraphs.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hang Ups just premiered on Channel 4 and it was quite good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ah, Virgin have the UKTV channels back again, I see.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The character Alan Partridge is now 25 years old and we have an actually drug called Monkey Dust kicking around now.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I just saw an advert for Heathrow Express with the Krankies and the older Jeanette Krankie gets, the more terrifying she becomes. She looks like a school boy with that rapid ageing disease. I'm shook.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

SEX BURRITO posted:

I just saw an advert for Heathrow Express with the Krankies and the older Jeanette Krankie gets, the more terrifying she becomes. She looks like a school boy with that rapid ageing disease. I'm shook.

Classic images:

https://twitter.com/CameronYardeJnr/status/941425650463858693

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well I ain't hungry no more.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Watched the last of Ed Ball's Travels in Trumpland. An interesting mini-series I thought, especially the contrast between the working class and mega rich Trump voters.

In other news, the longer series length has done Taskmaster no favours, though Asim's big announcement task was a masterpiece.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Angrymog posted:

In other news, the longer series length has done Taskmaster no favours, though Asim's big announcement task was a masterpiece.

gently caress Ed Balls but I really enjoyed Taskmaster being more episodes, before it felt like it was over just a little bit too early.

New season of Taskmaster starts on September 5th by the way!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Taear posted:

gently caress Ed Balls but I really enjoyed Taskmaster being more episodes, before it felt like it was over just a little bit too early.

Maybe in-between the two lengths? I agree that it was over too quickly before, but this one feels too long.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So 9 episodes then.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Judge Romesh is alright as well. Its not as amazing as I'd hoped but I'm not going to fault them for bringing in two members of Blue specifically so they could do a gag where they introduce them with the phrase "All Rise" or a case where Shaun Ryder takes Bez to task for a one sided financial arrangement in the mid-80s.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Started to watch Toast of London. I think i laughed for about 5 minutes straight at the "Bruce F'Syth" reveal.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taear posted:

I hope they have funny people on this time.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Why wasn’t it called “balls deep in trumpland”?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Muppetjedi posted:

Started to watch Toast of London. I think i laughed for about 5 minutes straight at the "Bruce F'Syth" reveal.

Matt Berry is doing an album covering his favourite theme tunes, being released October. I may be excited about this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nice. When is his new show hitting Channel 4 again?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Rondette posted:

Matt Berry is doing an album covering his favourite theme tunes, being released October. I may be excited about this.

Will listen to this.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Rondette posted:

He's turned Are You Being Served into a super sexy groove

https://soundcloud.com/acidjazzrecs/matt-berry-are-you-being-served-1

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I knew I'd seen those Barrowman panto pics somewhere before:

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1029141392407384065

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I genuinely don’t get the love for that twitter account, I don’t get the joke at all

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New contender for "oddest Christmas tie-in single" I've recently discovered is 1983's "What Are We Gonna Get 'Er Indoors?" by Dennis Waterman and George Cole, doing a half-spoken conversation in character as Terry and Arthur from Minder discussing what they're going to get Arthur's oft-mentioned but never seen wife. They were on Top of the Pops and everything.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

thehustler posted:

I genuinely don’t get the love for that twitter account, I don’t get the joke at all

Same here. Like the concept is funny to me but that's it and seeing it over and over with nothing new is just...strange.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Taear posted:

Same here. Like the concept is funny to me but that's it and seeing it over and over with nothing new is just...strange.

Proper comedians that I like are like “this is great” so maybe we’re just stupid?

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I think our tastebuds have just been spoiled by the amazing SA photoshop threads over the years.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Wheat Loaf posted:

New contender for "oddest Christmas tie-in single" I've recently discovered is 1983's "What Are We Gonna Get 'Er Indoors?" by Dennis Waterman and George Cole, doing a half-spoken conversation in character as Terry and Arthur from Minder discussing what they're going to get Arthur's oft-mentioned but never seen wife. They were on Top of the Pops and everything.

This sounds amazing. Going to add it to my terrible Xmas music playlist. Maybe after Mel Smith & Kim Wilde doing Rocking Around the Christmas Tree?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SEX BURRITO posted:

This sounds amazing. Going to add it to my terrible Xmas music playlist. Maybe after Mel Smith & Kim Wilde doing Rocking Around the Christmas Tree?

Here's the TOTP video.

Recording your "performance" on Top of the Pops was awkward and by all accounts miserable at the best of times but this one must have taken the cake. It's basically two guys standing still on stage and arguing to a generic backing track.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's hard to explain why something is funny really but I think it's the juxtaposition of political figures and cultural icons hanging around in deepest, darkest Britain and always under the watchful eye of Phil Mitchell.

And David Cameron running away from Danny Dyer will never not make me laugh.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

Please say they also did 'respectable'

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Anyone else watch Cats Does Countdown? Is something up with Sean Locke's voice?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do we usually have a gbbo thread I don’t recall

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can’t believe it’s back so soon

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Anyone else watch Cats Does Countdown? Is something up with Sean Locke's voice?

I thought this but been having problems with my TV signal so episode was very jumpy, didn't get to hear him a lot.

Quick Googling suggests everyone's noticed it though

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
He's been drinking too much Blue Rat.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I need a better morning drivetime show to listen to. Evans was trying to be philosophical this morning

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Angrymog posted:

I need a better morning drivetime show to listen to. Evans was trying to be philosophical this morning

Listen to any podcast, or Radio 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angrymog posted:

What was he on about this time?