Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Ever since I jumped to my second galaxy I've seen none. No big deal though. I'm marathoning drop pods and systems to max my cargo slots. Almost finished with my exosuit inventory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Another reddit guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/99e14k/visual_guide_the_technology_configuration_chart/

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've been looking for that S class underwater booster and haven't seen it in dozens of systems. I wonder if it's super rare air only attainable via quests or what.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EC posted:

I've been looking for that S class underwater booster and haven't seen it in dozens of systems. I wonder if it's super rare air only attainable via quests or what.

My understanding is that it is semi bugged and can only appear randomly from opening crates. I have never seen an underwater upgrade for sale other than B rank ones.

e: wait there are freighter hyperdrive upgrades?

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 22, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That's how I got mine. And thank gently caress I did since I'm building an underwater base that won't loving unflood.

Also thanks to whoever said holodoors work underwater.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Thundarr posted:

e: wait there are freighter hyperdrive upgrades?

As far as I can tell you can't acquire the blueprints for them anywhere in NEXT, but I can still build them using my Atlas Rises save. Dunno if they're gonna fix that like with the efficient launch thrusters.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MCiQ587SE8ZvWG3f0nkXPBmzBvu7lqNhypUIOexcVeI/edit

Google doc that consolidates all guides, or at least attempts to.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Holy poo poo cyclotron ballista and phase beam are both completely ridiculous with 7 upgrades. Their overheat becomes "eh, it's been 20 seconds I guess you better stop for two frames before shooting again".

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Woke up, opened NMS, gathered mats, made a couple of stasis units, sold them for 30m units, went to work.

I like this because if I'm correct, I can just play for a couple of hours while stuff is growing and then warp back, make a stasis unit, then go back to the normal exploration stuff.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yep that's exactly right. Eventually you have to smash together other things to restock the conductors and iridescite, but the plants will just keep growing for you while you explore or shoot at aliens.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Oh man I just noticed 1.57 fixed the resource deposit labeling issue on PS4. Now it actually tells you what it is instead of just "resource deposit".

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Why I can't find a good multitool any fry'keen where?? :argh:

No really, I've been in at least 50 systems, all medium or high economies, all type of economies and stars. Found a single A class with 9 slots!! All the others mainly C and a bunch of B with no mining bonuses :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

froody guy posted:

Why I can't find a good multitool any fry'keen where?? :argh:

No really, I've been in at least 50 systems, all medium or high economies, all type of economies and stars. Found a single A class with 9 slots!! All the others mainly C and a bunch of B with no mining bonuses :negative:

Do you have access to portals?

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

EC posted:

Oh man I just noticed 1.57 fixed the resource deposit labeling issue on PS4. Now it actually tells you what it is instead of just "resource deposit".

Yeah makes mining less of a pain in the rear end.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you have access to portals?

Those things activated with glyphs? Uhm... all I know is I have 2 glyphs out of 16 so I guess it's a no.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Aw gently caress, they nerfed the grow time on cactus flesh from 2 hours to 12. That blows.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do wild harvest points regrow?

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Bruceski posted:

Do wild harvest points regrow?

Yes. All procgen harvestable resources respawn pretty quickly, from sodium plants to ferrite boulders.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Some wild plants can be really sketchy about when they regrow. Sometimes I'll spin around and a star bramble has repopped. In another case I built a base next to some solar vines, harvested them, and a week of real time later they still weren't grown again. At least that spot also had a vein of activated indium.

Generic rocks and trees will randomly regenerate over time.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

On signal boosters: say you want to spam navigation modules. Why will it just stop discovering locations after two or three?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Is there anything special to finding decent frigates? I’ve seen a bunch, but they all seem to be C class.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Buyable frigates are almost always C rank, but unlike freighters and space ships the frigates will actually level up as you send them on missions. So no need to look for high rank frigates, just get the types to want and put them to work.

It seems the most recent patch removed the chance for atmospheric gases to appear for sale from NPCs. This is a real headache considering how much you need for crafting and how limited other means of getting them are. I guess I'm just running up the score for money now anyway though.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Rad, thanks!

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Thundarr posted:

the frigates will actually level up as if you can send them on missions.

The only time it seems I can get any frigate interfaces to not crash the game is right after I warp my freighter in to meet me, then land immediately to manage them. Sometimes.

Looking forward to that getting patched someday.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

My frigates kept getting damaged until I just sent them all together on balanced missions. So now I'm just going to get multiples of each one then send together on their respective missions. Makes total sense.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Has anyone ever landed on a planet with creatures that are inherently hostile? I mean other than the egg predators and sentinels.

I've played about 30 hours and have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of this but what would put this over the top is actually having some dangerous creatures. I seem to just land on planets filled with goofy, friendly muppets. I don't even know why I worked on weapon upgrades.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got jacked by a random predator once, yeah.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

My frigates kept getting damaged until I just sent them all together on balanced missions. So now I'm just going to get multiples of each one then send together on their respective missions. Makes total sense.

When you assign frigates to a mission they get a star rating at the bottom. If their star rating is at least one higher than the rating of the mission, it's much less likely that they'll get damaged. And yeah it's hard to surpass two stars untill you have some successfully leveled up, or you throw several C rank frigates of the right type at the same mission.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
There used to be a lot of predators that attacked if you got near but that has changed since NEXT. Now they usually won't attack unless you kill one of them and others are near. If you need predators for a mission watch for the ones that attack other creatures, they will count.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Reminds me I didn’t post this in here

I’m standing next to it for scale.

These things were docile. Just, you know, 50 feet tall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Man, I’ve yet to see anything that big. I did see some big flying brain squid about 20 feet long. The ground thumped when I shot one down for being an abomination unto nature.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Some good fixes coming: https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1736588252401539352/

Notably: multiplayer permissions, less terrain regen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Fixed an issue that could cause vast numbers of Sentinel Drones to spawn.

Anyone have a screenshot of this?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nice, I think I'd actually host multiplayer games if I can turn off the ability of randos to disassemble all my stuff. Lots of other nice stuff in there, like terrain not regenerating back into your base and various freighter fixes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

EC posted:

Some good fixes coming: https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1736588252401539352/

Notably: multiplayer permissions, less terrain regen

Actually I really want to know about this inventory management fix. Did they finally make drag and drop work like in every other game?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

haveblue posted:

Anyone have a screenshot of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYXS-w4Hi-Y

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ahahahaha

YOU CAME TO THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD MOTHERFUCKER

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No lie, if that just happened normally when your wanted rating got high enough that would be rad as hell.

And if the exocraft gun was way better. For related reasons.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I wonder if any of the performance fixes address the galactic mission terminal. The longer I have a galactic mission in my log the lower my frame rate gets. When I turn the mission in everything snaps back to normal.

Also I'm really curious about this:

quote:

Fixed an issue that caused expedition length, difficulty + rewards to scale incorrectly relative to the power of the player's fleet.

My fleet is getting pretty strong but I haven't really noticed an increase in rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDBgs1M7c7w