Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

punk rebel ecks posted:

But I thought 2D pixel art games were unmarketable!?!?

Take that, nonexistent video game critic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rolo posted:

Take that, nonexistent video game critic.

There were posts in this very thread claiming that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Depends on how well the Wii sold in July.

Like is there anything special about July

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives; in July, Wiis grow there

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
In SaGa tradition, you play two twins racing to gather power in order to duel and subsequently devour the loser

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives; in July, Wiis grow there

:golfclap:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Manky posted:

Both of these [testicles]

I saw someone say recently in reply that it stood for battle for azeroth and loled

https://twitter.com/stoolgametime/status/1031576399654662144?s=12

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I ended up buying Okami on the Switch and I like it better than on the PS4. It's really nice in portable mode

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Why the hell isn't Guacamelee 2 on Switch. Speaking of, why hasn't Guacamelee been ported to Switch.

I stopped buying poo poo on Steam to buy it on Switch. Don't test me, Nintendo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Generic Monk posted:

hope it stays this way tbf. was one of the things i appreciated about the ps3 home ui; even after years they didn't fill it up with bloat

Seriously. I can see why they are trying to move the online stuff to an app if it means keeping the OS that small so it loads quickly and doesn’t drain the battery

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bongo Bill posted:

Look, I already figured this out. There are eight of them, and the first letters of their name spell O-C-T-O-P-A-T-H. So the number in the title has to match the length of the word. 15 is the only other one that fits.

Decasextuplepath

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Monopath :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Minit looks cool. What are the political beliefs of the developers?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Minit looks cool. What are the political beliefs of the developers?

They worship Bill Murray

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kiranamos posted:

They worship Bill Murray

What about their opinions on urban development, do they have any concrete beliefs?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Kiranamos posted:

They worship Bill Murray

He's a god, not the god.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Mega64 posted:

What about their opinions on urban development, do they have any concrete beliefs?

Factories are bad

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Bill Murray said BotW was better that OoT

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bill Murray is why we never got a Ghost Busters 3 with the entire original cast. But he was ok to be in a Garfield movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought the upcoming Splatfest theme was lame, but the art has me sold

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I eat my soup with a fork and my steak with a spoon what of it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

monster hunter vs dark souls

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

sux

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I don't like JRPGs but I'm happy that Octopath sold well so that people who enjoyed that game get more games like that.

Hopefully this game, which is PERFECT for Switch, gets announced

https://twitter.com/PutGameOnSwitch/status/1032402246582116352

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I want Breath of Fire 5 on switch goddamnit

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I cant wait to see which utensil people use to eat Kraft Dinner with most often. :munch:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Heath posted:

I want Breath of Fire 5 on switch goddamnit

:yeah:

That game is begging for a remaster.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man after how much I loved World, I was really hoping I could figure out how to like Generations Ultimate. The first fight in the demo was fun enough and I beat it on my first try, but the other two were absolutely miserable. The third one at least had a really cool design and attacks, but the whole time I was fighting it I just kept wishing that I was doing so in World instead.

I wish World had more monsters. I came back to it this week after a few months off and had fun for a bit fooling around with a new weapon and fighting tempered monsters, but after just a couple days I'm bored again. The endless grind of stronger versions of the same monsters doesn't do it for me, I want more new ones. Generations would be perfect for that, but I just can't adjust to the clunkier mechanics. :sigh:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Ghost Trick 2 when

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

make Smash bros come out already

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I played the Monster Hunter demo and it made no sense and two cats followed me and meowed the entire time. Is this a game I should know about and be excited about? Am I missing something?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ZentraediElite posted:

I played the Monster Hunter demo and it made no sense and two cats followed me and meowed the entire time. Is this a game I should know about and be excited about? Am I missing something?

The demo explains absolutely nothing which is terrible to introduce someone to the series. Look up a video of the weapon you want to use so you can learn its moveset before trying it out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZentraediElite posted:

monster hunter demos are consistently bad at actually explaining anything for new players

it's a really fun series with a lot of depth but it's not for everyone and has a lot of jank so it'a hard to say if you'd like it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Before World was there ever any attempt to bring in new players at all? I only tried a few of them but they were all clearly built on the assumption that the player was coming into them having already played a previous game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Playing it for the first time, Okami is pretty cool.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

:discourse:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You goofball.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Leal posted:

Bill Murray is why we never got a Ghost Busters 3 with the entire original cast. But he was ok to be in a Garfield movie.

An apocryphal reason for the Garfield movie is that he saw Joel Cohen’s name on the script and got him confused with Joel Coen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That makes me wonder, were there any completely secret things you could draw that would do things in the game?

I mean probably not Loss, but some other Easter egg kind of thing.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Weedle posted:

An apocryphal reason for the Garfield movie is that he saw Joel Cohen’s name on the script and got him confused with Joel Coen.

It loving sucks that it was probably this and not a tribute to Lorenzo Music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Hey Square put that FFX collection on Switch please. It was my first PS2 game and I’ve been hankerin to play through it again.

• Locked thread