Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

Tomo hiding in her hoodie is strong.

The tiny fang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's time for mizusu to get past her love...for jun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's time for Misuzu to become a tree, regardless of her feelings on the matter.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The positioning of Misuzu's eye in panel four is pretty awkward-looking, but I don't know if Fumita actually made an error since it feels like the slight-deviation-from-profile facial position (maybe "angle" is the right term to use?) he's working with would be odd-looking no matter what.

projecthalaxy posted:

It's time for Misuzu to become a tree, regardless of her feelings on the matter.

YOU ARE ALREADY DEADWOOD

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This, but it's Jun and Misuzu.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does anyone actually read this for the will they or won't they at this point

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I mean. Was that ever the main draw of this? Not to me, at least.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Me

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still think those kids are gonna work it out

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

DId anyone ever honestly? We all know they will, that's how these stories go, I was reading for the funny moments, cute characters and their moments, and of course :carol: :carol: :carol:

Seeing the romance develop is a plus of course.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

DId anyone ever honestly?

Me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While we are waiting for the return of our Cute and Dumb couple, there is a promising new Cute and Dumb series couple, literally, because they're married. There's not a lot of strips yet, but I'm sure there'll be plenty soon enough with how these 4koma series go.

https://mangadex.org/manga/22790/manabi-ikiru-wa-fuufu-no-tsutome

the emotional twist was pretty well done imo even if it never comes up again

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

While we are waiting for the return of our Cute and Dumb couple, there is a promising new Cute and Dumb series couple, literally, because they're married. There's not a lot of strips yet, but I'm sure there'll be plenty soon enough with how these 4koma series go.

https://mangadex.org/manga/22790/manabi-ikiru-wa-fuufu-no-tsutome

the emotional twist was pretty well done imo even if it never comes up again

This is a pro click.

Official site with the raws says it's up to 158 so there's plenty for translators to catch up with still.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is a pro click.

Official site with the raws says it's up to 158 so there's plenty for translators to catch up with still.

seconding pro click status.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I absolutely refuse.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is a pro click.

That's awesome. I've been reading it since it first popped up on MangaDex, but the release pace has been slow with some large gaps, so I thought it was still super early in its life. But yeah, so far the group translating it does it in spurts, so I probably wouldn't rely on it to fill any sort of gap during this hiatus. I would love for it to have a semi-consistent release schedule, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
On the one hand, this new one is:

In the other hand, when are my regular idiots coming back? These two aren't stupid enough.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm getting the feeling they're going to get stupider and stupider given the latest two

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Wow, and I thought tomochan had questionable translations sometimes. They really aren’t kidding when they say they need a translator.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Er, if they chose to translate 'damare' as 'quiet, you', and they put that in their notes indicating as such, why didn't they just put that in the speech bubble? Was it lack of space or is this one of those 'keikaku means plan' jokes? Not trying to be an rear end or anything, just curious.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Given that it's only the wife who does it, I'm guessing it's an attempt at showing her inexperience with Japanese- perhaps those are the words that she knows and carefully pronounces, the rest is her just getting the gist across.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

FutureCop posted:

Er, if they chose to translate 'damare' as 'quiet, you', and they put that in their notes indicating as such, why didn't they just put that in the speech bubble? Was it lack of space or is this one of those 'keikaku means plan' jokes? Not trying to be an rear end or anything, just curious.

From what I can gather, it's a case of conveying that the foreigner wife who doesn't quite know Japanese doesn't quite know Japanese.

I don't envy those that have to translate these type of characters, on one hand if you try to convey the "brokenness" of their speech like this for example it becomes hard to read. On the other hand though, Tomo-chan itself has this type of character in Carol where if you look at the raws it's plainly obvious she's speaking in extremely simple, almost child-like Japanese and evidently that's part of why others have trouble dealing with her but that doesn't really come across at all when translated.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
It's all of the words in her speech bubbles that are written in katakana, which I take to mean that she's pronouncing them correctly, but stressing the wrong syllables.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I made a thread for the married couple 4koma since it'll be updated daily

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866615&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Until it goes on hiatus

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Then we'll have tomochan and mousou telepathy again tho

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Then we'll have tomochan and mousou telepathy again tho

It's nice to dream.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Volume 1 comes out next week! We'll be able to read the whole thing from the beginning again with a professional translation, starting on September 11th.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Guy Goodbody posted:

Volume 1 comes out next week! We'll be able to read the whole thing from the beginning again with a professional translation, starting on September 11th.

Try not to forget.

TBH though the scan team has done a hell of a job. No idea about translation accuracy but drat.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1038268207851872257

The 7th tanko also comes out in Japan on the 11th, now featuring Tanabe's sister.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

MIsuzu's future sister-in-law looks cute.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Carol pulling the pin is great.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Greblin posted:

https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1038268207851872257

The 7th tanko also comes out in Japan on the 11th, now featuring Tanabe's sister.

Why Nazis why

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is the second one a reference to anything in particular

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Looks to me like they're a pro wrestling tag team.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well sure, just thought it might flat out be the costume of someone/people in particular. They look like something out of final fight. :v:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It might also just be a tendency towards imperial style military uniforms, Nazi or otherwise.

Reproduction uniforms, but still.

Ninja edit: we just associate imperial style uniforms with one of the worst tragedies to occur in modern history because ... well the Nazis used them and fuuuuuck that poo poo.

But enough about Nazis in the tomo thread.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Even if they were Nazis Carol is clearly about to blow them all to smithereens so it's cool.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lots of posts made me think the hiatus was over

....the hiatus is never ending, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!