Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

i mean it's loving sad the next time i plan to boot up my xbox one x is to play halo infinity (TBA 2019-2020) and MW2 backwards compat (vaporware)

yeah and funny you mention the dlc, because I paid nearly $110 each for 5,6,7 because unlocking cars without it is disgustingly bad and slow. Gtsport has released all its dlc for free. huh

I always gave forza a free pass for the micro transactions, but it's the lovely laggy menus, lovely lobbies, lovely race setupsm, voice bugs, lovely campaign, crashes on pc, still haven't even gotten freaking pit crew animation. these are all issues i face personally and that we have been talking about in party chat sine forza 5. There's like one song on the audio track and it's just a repeated guitar riff. there's so much in forza that will drive you loving insane these days.

the worst part is that forza 6, while still not on the level of 3 or 4, was still a shitload better than 5 and was a good step towards the series getting back on track. then 7 came out and it was the mass effect andromeda of forza motorsport, like i was loving shocked that it was as bad as it was. i didn't even consider that 7 could possibly be such an utter piece of dogshit, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the worst part is that forza 6, while still not on the level of 3 or 4, was still a shitload better than 5 and was a good step towards the series getting back on track. then 7 came out and it was the mass effect andromeda of forza motorsport, like i was loving shocked that it was as bad as it was. i didn't even consider that 7 could possibly be such an utter piece of dogshit, but here we are.

Yeah it was looking good after 6.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Forza 4 gave us Cold ATF to chill to

https://youtu.be/-L-OBk-UhDc

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I've only played forza 6 and 7. Why is forza 4 considered the best in the entire series? What did it have that was lacking in 6?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheScott2K posted:

I just realized I've never cleaned out my launch model Xbone in 3.5 years

Hell I just realized I haven't turned on my launch model Xbone in 3.5 years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ineffiable posted:

I've only played forza 6 and 7. Why is forza 4 considered the best in the entire series? What did it have that was lacking in 6?

working voice chat, for one.

but for the game structure itself, forza 4 had better menus, a better career progression, outstanding car selection, much better online hoppers which actually functioned as intended (abc's is the best online mode and it never worked right in forza 6 nor does it in forza 7), clubs you could join to more easily find racers to race with, and most importantly (at least to me) a far, far better system for finding tunes and paints and designs. the system they've used for that poo poo since forza 5 has been loving terrible and makes no inherent sense, whereas in 3 and 4 it had a simple streamlined storefront that let you find exactly what you wanted in seconds. that they still had not gone back to that system was my biggest criticism of forza 6 because it's better than their current system by miles and miles in literally every possible way.

there's also a plethora of smaller things that only certain segments of the player base really cared about, for example there were 'overall' leaderboards that took, for example, you overall total leaderboard times for every variation of one track in a single class, an overall of all times on all tracks and all variations for that entire class, and an overall times for all configurations of all tracks in all classes. for me and a few others, that kept us playing forza 4 improving our times to move up the leaderboards all the way until forza 6 came out. the only thing i can say that was unambiguously better about forza 6 than forza 4 was that forza 6 didn't saddle us with twin ring motegi, the worst race track in the history of the universe.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Forza 4 never makes you race in the loving rain

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When is the original Xbox Games list going to be updated again? Its been awhile.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forza sucks bring back project Gotham

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Forza sucks bring back project Gotham

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Forza sucks bring back San Francisco Rush

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

I just realized I've never cleaned out my launch model Xbone in 3.5 years

Cleaning a video game console should be something you don't ever have to do outside of of maybe running over it with a duster maybe.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Forza sucks bring back Midnight Club so i can make tasteless jokes about the studio being the same one that did the Lawnmower Man's CGI

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

I said come in! posted:

When is the original Xbox Games list going to be updated again? Its been awhile.

Yeah I've been waiting for this. I've had poo poo luck with the OG Xbox's I've bought and a stack of games I was never able to really play.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'll buy a new Forza game when they stop re-using low poly models from forza loving 2 and update them with modern versions that dont have weird dimensions (see: R32 GTR Skyline)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Found a copy of Blitz The League for the original Xbox that's probably been in my car trunk for seven years, so that's cool.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I kinda skipped out on 15 years of racing games but I've been playing Horizon 2 and it rules. I also tried Forza 5 when it was free and it sucked rear end.

Those are my opinions on the free Forza games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Those of us making GBS threads on this generation of Forza are not talking about Horizon, which is a whole different thing that is good but definitely doesn't scratch the track racer itch.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

track racer itch.

They make a topical cream for that now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Horizon 1 was fun and a cool rpg ish racer but 2 and 3 went more the traditional racer route and I didn’t have the motivation to play em much

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I really really liked Grid 1 so my opinions are bad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Horizon 1 was fun and a cool rpg ish racer but 2 and 3 went more the traditional racer route and I didn’t have the motivation to play em much

what the

horizon 3 has a fuckin hot wheels dlc that adds hot wheels cars and an island where all the roads are made of the hot wheels plastic track stuff with loops and giant jumps and poo poo, it's the closest thing to a san francisco rush game since rush 2049. the rest of the game is also real goddamn good and i don't really see the traditional racer aspect of it at all.

TheScott2K posted:

I really really liked Grid 1 so my opinions are bad

grid 1 was fine. now if you said you liked grid 2 then we'd have some issues.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Nah gently caress Grid 2

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Traditional arcade racer route. Horizon 1 had a progression to it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I didn't touch a Forza game until FH3 and I really like it. Bought the Blizzard Mountain (meh) and Hot Wheels (gently caress yeah) dlc with it.

I don't play it for hours on end but it's a great game to play for 45 minutes while I wait for my SO to come home. I bought Game Pass for a month just to play Vermintide (meh) so I won't be keeping it around for FH4.

I'll wait until it's half off come Black Friday or Spring. GP doesn't get a ton of mileage for me, but I can see someone who is brand new to Xbox loving it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

TheScott2K posted:

Found a copy of Blitz The League for the original Xbox that's probably been in my car trunk for seven years, so that's cool.

Better than Blitz 2 just because it doesn't have the awful prison football sequence

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao Xbox is going the way of cellphone providers circa 2006.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/08/report-xbox-all-access-to-offer-free-hardware-with-two-year-agreement/?amp=1

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox One: No thanks, I'll pass. All Access Pass.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a bit more clever a proposition than last time they tried it, Ill give thhem that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do you get to cancel gamepass at the end of the two years and keep the xbox?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Do you get to cancel gamepass at the end of the two years and keep the xbox?

Its not a rental of the system, you own it after 2 years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That doesn't sound like all that bad of a deal to get an xbone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seems to not be a horrible deal.

All in, you save money on the base prices of the xbox + plans.

I mean, theoretically you could get all of the things cheaper on sale, but you are also getting to spread your money out over two years at no extra cost, so I think that is a wash.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

840 dollar contract on an xb1x

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

That doesn't sound like all that bad of a deal to get an xbone.

It is, overall, slightly (I think like 20-60 bucks) more expensive than buying the system and two years subscriptions. Its massively pricier if you buy used and get discount deals on your subscriptions.

I would assume theyll launch it now but the real goal is to move new xboxen when there isnt any used inventory anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh, doing the math, the xbonx is not a good deal. The S seems like somewhat of a decent deal but in two years, the S will be bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

S is like 5+ hundo for a 189 dollar console and 180 in services

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Or is 180 just 1 year of services? Im confused now

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If you're paying full price for Gold and Gamepass it's $180US for 1 year for both, so two years would be $360US.

lol at paying full price for those services though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
It actually should come out to just about retail for Xbox one x plus two years live and gamepass. Basically the next gen Of Xbox I can see this being a better proposition for a lot of people than 500 dollar console and games right up front. That’s how a lot of people pay their phone bill and stuff now by subsidizing a 1000 dollar phone. More choices is never a bad thing.