Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

hello scandinavians please tell me which liquor from your home country i should drink while reading the reports from this thread

Some lukewarm carlsberg should get you in the probin' mood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

hello scandinavians please tell me which liquor from your home country i should drink while reading the reports from this thread

Carlsberg poo poo danish beer for a poo poo danish thread derailment

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Nordguld

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Get rid of all religious followers imo. Also danes? Probably Danes also

This. gently caress all people acting like total dicks cuz of religion, regardless if it is christian gay basher, anti abortion people or people who dont wanna shake hands. It's a loving sham since I can be a practicing rastafari anyway. Religious freedom my rear end.

The danish proposal is just plain racist tho.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Danish People's Party beat you to the punch a few years ago, they invited all new citizens to feast on a traditional pork dish.

It has to do with not being in close physical contact with a person you might potentially marry in the future. That's the justification. It might be somewhat odd from a western perspective where we happily slather each other's hands in germs, but I don't really see how it's "low-key sexist". It's also a tiny, tiny minority within a minority that does it, and using it as a barrier to citizenship is insanely totalitarian.

i guess my position is that if you wanna say touching hands is gross or stupid you have to apply it equally, you cant pick out women or gay people and say they're extra bad to touch

V. Illych L. posted:

on one hand yeah it's a dumb and occasionally rude practice, on the other hand gating citizenship behind something like that is bizarre

these are positions it is eminently possible to hold simultaneously

i also basically agree with this though

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Aquavit, or good old random hembränt.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Whatever is best at making you forget.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Retarded Goatee posted:

Lots of good danish brewers too.

LOL no. Lots of good Belgian brewers making beer for Danish entrepreneurs is what you mean.

Amager is okay.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

Whatever is best at making you forget.

bottle of carter-era kahlua in a white russian it is*

*is actually a thing in my liquor cabinet does kahlua actually go bad

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Something that comes out of a plastic container.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

Something that comes out of a plastic container.

a handle of vodka for $9.97 probably fits that bill

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Noshtane posted:

I think Gammel Dansk would be in order.
Oh god my brain is forever tainted by that taste

If you’re ever in country a local aquavit is usually a good way to go.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Noshtane posted:

I think Gammel Dansk would be in order.

They asked for liquor and not failed attempts at manufacturing chemical weapons.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Failed?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Rød Aalborg. It's made in Copenhagen, owned by Norwegians and certainly isn't red anymore.

E:

Apparantly it was moved from Aalborg to Norway, my bad. Could've sworn the bottle told me it was made in Copenhagen last I checked.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Biomute posted:

LOL no. Lots of good Belgian brewers making beer for Danish entrepreneurs is what you mean.

Amager is okay.

Amager is excellent, Alefarm is excellent. Warpigs brews stuff locally too, no?

Also, Mikkellers best stuff is all in-house. (... in California :v:)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

They asked for liquor and not failed attempts at manufacturing chemical weapons.

It's kinda hard to tell the difference between the two in Scandinavia.

Noshtane
Nov 22, 2007

The fish itself incites to deeds of hunger
Gammel Dansk is a terrible Danish taste, perfect when reading terrible Danish shitposts.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Well, insofar that they only kill your tastebuds (if you're lucky).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Crimpolioni posted:

i guess my position is that if you wanna say touching hands is gross or stupid you have to apply it equally, you cant pick out women or gay people and say they're extra bad to touch

It's men that can't touch women and vice versa, it doesn't have anything to do with anyone being "gross". It's not like they don't acknowledge the other person, they just use a different gesture than shaking hands. :shrug:

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

SplitSoul posted:

It's men that can't touch women and vice versa, it doesn't have anything to do with anyone being "gross". It's not like they don't acknowledge the other person, they just use a different gesture than shaking hands. :shrug:

It's almost as if it serves the purpose of reinforcing a social structure.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
And the Vice President of the USA supposedly doesn't eat dinner alone with women due to religious convictions. Hypothetically if he'd apply too they would put the same rigorous standards on him because surely this is purely about principles and nothing else

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

SplitSoul posted:

I mean, if it was just a different gesture it would be a cultural thing, in which case there's no real case for unlawful discrimination. A persons culture is not a protected class. Ethnicity or religion is. If these rules have a religious basis that implies that there's moral judgement involved, and while "gross" might be oversimplifying it or even just wrong, it's perfectly fine to think they're being silly and/or sexist.

I'm basically reiterating a previous post at this point, but making people follow the dominant culture through legal means is probably unethical and certainly proposed just to provoke in this case. Also, it's entirely unnecessary, the dominant culture is perfectly capable of asserting its norms in other ways. Should those norms evolve and change over time that's natural too.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Retarded Goatee posted:

It's almost as if it serves the purpose of reinforcing a social structure.

Yes, it's a religion.

Biomute posted:

I mean, if it was just a different gesture it would be a cultural thing, in which case there's no real case for unlawful discrimination. A persons culture is not a protected class. Ethnicity or religion is. If these rules have a religious basis that implies that there's moral judgement involved, and while "gross" might be oversimplifying it or even just wrong, it's perfectly fine to think they're being silly and/or sexist.

I don't disagree. Religion is kinda silly on its face. Or its veil, as it were. I have a much, much greater problem with the state legislating against it, though. And I don't even have to make a slippery slope argument, we're already sliding rear end-first. Less than ten years from "Free speech is an inalienable right that shall not be challenged by religious extremists! [img-that_one_Kurt_Westergaard_doodle_that_was_not_about_demographic_warfare.jpg]", to a veil ban, apartheid and collective punishment. Also that dude who went to prison on terrorism charges for posting an emoji.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

sliding rear end-first.

Nice homophobic slur.

Anyway, religion is stupid for a lot of reasons, but Denmark is probably going full fash in the next decade.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Also how come nobody recommended the liquor guy PUNSCH. This is a travesty.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alcohol is haraam, brother.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to drink punsch unless you're a student or a Bellman cosplayer.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Down a bottle of Gammel Dansk and listen to Aqua.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to drink punsch unless you're a student or a Bellman cosplayer.

Men vad ska jag då ha min punschveranda till???

Noshtane
Nov 22, 2007

The fish itself incites to deeds of hunger
Punsch is strictly necessary when consuming ärtsoppa & pannkakor. If you drink punsch without ärtsoppa & pannkakor you are probably a top-hat wearing wholesaler who talks about how to further exploit the workers with your fellow capitalists.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Cerebral Bore posted:

You called?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Also, THE BAR, I just want to say that I appreciate your name and av. 5/5 Energizer bunnies marching to their doom.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Maybe the collective evil of our political parties is also caused by a destabilizing inner-ear condition.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eh, their ears are fine. It's what's between them that scares me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Love to deport women and infants back to Somalia for FGM and lying about it to the UN while also acussing all Somalis living in Denmark of mutilating their children to get those sweet racist votes and be able to deport more. :allears:

https://www.information.dk/indland/2018/08/regeringen-fjernede-oplysninger-svar-fn-sag-kvindelig-omskaering

Reminder: The government fact-finding mission to Somalia that determined it was safe to deport people there didn't dare leave the high-security area of the airport.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Those coordinated car fires in Gothenburg some week ago appears to be linked to a local Mafia family which lately have been squeezed by the authorities. So no SD jugend shenanigans, just the local authorities actually doing a seemingly decent job, which is a nice relief as this family is a major reason for why several schools are poo poo in "their" part of the city.

https://www.expressen.se/gt/misstankta-bilbrannarna-kopplas-till-gangnatverk/

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
looks like cardiac was right.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

looks like cardiac was right.

Given the number of car burnings in this country and how they are used by criminal gangs to fight the police, the simplest explanation would be this.
Ockhams razor sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/721510047/posts/10160782665915048/