Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I am convinced that bungo only tested the new ruleset in friendly matches internally, where people played in good faith and therefore did not just throw themselves off cliffs during powerplays to deny points to the enemy team.

Of course when strangers on the internet play together, denying points to the enemy by killing yourself doesn't bother you at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

All we did was mercy rule tonight. It was what, 15-2 and every win was a Mercy?

BEAUTIMUS.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

I am convinced that bungo only tested the new ruleset in friendly matches internally, where people played in good faith and therefore did not just throw themselves off cliffs during powerplays to deny points to the enemy team.

Of course when strangers on the internet play together, denying points to the enemy by killing yourself doesn't bother you at all.

having spent like an hour straight tonight in power plays, this is not a thing that really happens. it's also a very bad way to actually respond to being power played, because you're giving up huge amounts of map control and any hope of avoiding another power play just because you're scared to give the enemy three points.

the new rules make it extremely easy to snowball but 'just suicide!' is not the solution

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Like if you get powerplayed, send 3 people to one point and 3 people to a different point and start the next round off 2-1

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Why not send 2 people to each point and have a never ending stream of power plays?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
When does this elusive cayde ramen quest come out

Orv
May 4, 2011

LordAdakos posted:

When does this elusive cayde ramen quest come out

28th more than likely.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The armor glow system sucks and is the first time I was really annoyed with Eververse. Shaders are whatever, they drop in normal play, and weapon ornaments can drop with time. Meanwhile I've gone ~8 engrams without getting a single armor glow past the 6 I've had for weeks, and I need to gauge whether I want to drop the oodles of dust on rounding out the sets.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 21, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Elysiume posted:

The armor glow system sucks and is the first time I was really annoyed with Eververse. Shaders are whatever, they drop in normal play, and weapon ornaments can drop with time. Meanwhile I've gone ~8 engrams without getting a single armor glow past the 6 I've had for weeks, and I need to gauge whether I want to drop the oodles of dust on rounding out the sets.

You will need to, the drop rate for the glows is the lowest of all the Solstice Eververse stuff.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Elysiume posted:

the solstice engrams have a knockout list so as long as you get like.. 40? of them across the duration of the event you will get everything

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh the glows kinda suck, as soon as you put on shaders the colors turn green for some reason. Also who the gently caress knows if there ever will be another armor that takes glows.

Also ramen quest is out apparently

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I really dislike having a few of the glows, though. I’d rather have all or none. But yeah it’s made more annoying by the fact that they’re only for one armor set that’s going to be quickly invalidated by the release of Forsaken because of their stupid stance on Y1 armors.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The permanently missable nature of these timed events and yearly releases helps keep spikes of retention but the more stuff that gets put into the "permanently missable" pile and more desirable it is, the more the game feels unapproachable to new players.

So it's very much a system that prioritizes short term gains over long term sustainability. Even Overwatch reopens the opportunity to get missed stuff when its annual events cycle back in.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How long is the window on White Nail supposed to be? I swear I've landed shots way more slowly than this and had it reload me before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0prUV74LY4
Such as here, where I pause for like a second and a half between the first two shots (38s if the timestamp doesn't work):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao7vzXiZyAs

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I swear it's bugged. Hitting multiple small targets quickly almost always (always) fails to proc. Slowing down to the point where enemies are dodging and have to stop moving, is no issue for white nail.

I really only trust fast firing on bigger enemies.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Xarbala posted:

The permanently missable nature of these timed events and yearly releases helps keep spikes of retention but the more stuff that gets put into the "permanently missable" pile and more desirable it is, the more the game feels unapproachable to new players.

So it's very much a system that prioritizes short term gains over long term sustainability. Even Overwatch reopens the opportunity to get missed stuff when its annual events cycle back in.

i mean so far we haven’t had an annual of any of these events so it’s hard to say if any of this stuff will come back

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

i mean so far we haven’t had an annual of any of these events so it’s hard to say if any of this stuff will come back

Fair enough. I'm just guessing based on people talking about "y1" stuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I hope there's Y2 versions of EP gear cause I really want to look like a baby Rasputin forever.

Jackhammer Rape
Oct 19, 2006
She had it coming...
Is the Whisper obtainable still at this point as I keep coming across conflicting things saying it is and it isn't, would quite like to attempt at least before the season ends.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It should be, but the event is only up from Friday to Monday.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
theyre gonna do more of these weekly events and fill in gaps to get you to log in every day i tell you what

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bros

Hey guardians! Theres gunna be a livestream tomorrow straight from gamescom, don’t miss it!

“Witness a Gunslinger’s Last Stand. Watch it tomorrow at 8:00 AM PST, live from the Blizzard stage at Gamescom. **#ForCayde**”

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1032387439443116032

https://twitch.tv/bungie/

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Why is Bungie just stopping at Cayde? Would anyone even care if they just deleted the entire cast and replaced them? I guess Shaxx is fun when he is excited but otherwise is annoying.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
prob because that would be even worse writing than we have now?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Crucible:

• ⁠All shoulder charges are 1 hit kill again

that's gonna be a yes from me dawg

never wanted to give bungie my money more

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Bungo just had a stream, showed a new cutscene (spoilers, duh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKr9T_L6BlE

and most importantly: Gambit is available for a one day trial on September 1, aka before Forsaken comes out.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 23, 2018

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I think they killed Cayde because he's the only one with a distinct personality.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ikora has a personality, but it didn't really get shown until d2-ish

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

ponzicar posted:

I think they killed Cayde because he's the only one with a distinct personality.

Too bad his personality is terrible and sucks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah they leaned a bit too hard on him being The Goofy One, while zavala had the funniest line in the game because he's so drat serious.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What’s sad is Cayde is actually the Serious One. It’s Zavala that’s the comedy relief of the game.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I honestly can't really tell that it's not the firefly guy who did the voice in that cutscene.

Or did he actually do it and was the nonsense before about him not being asked not true?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

nolan north is very good at voice acting

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
That's definitely Nolan North, and it only goes to highlight what a good voice actor Nolan North is, and the lovely voice they asked him to do for Ghost

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can we re-roll masterworks in y2 on y1 weapons? i can't find any info anywhere.

Orv
May 4, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can we re-roll masterworks in y2 on y1 weapons? i can't find any info anywhere.

Your Y1 masterworks are utterly meaningless, melt everything.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Orv posted:

i have every crucible weapon in every element screw you dad!!!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Orv posted:

I'm legally married to Midnight Coup, I wouldn't do that to my gunwife.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: PROPAGANDA ALERT! 11 Days Remain Until Foreskin :ducksiren:

Channel your inner gay and prepare for September 4th TODAY! Destiny 2 rises from the asses in September and you won't want to miss it!

This is your daily reminder until 9/4. Thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m taking the whole week off. :getin:

• Locked thread