Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kamara is this year's First Round CJ Spiller and Ezekial Elliott is a Cowboy. David Johnson and Antonio Brown went before me.

I'm #5, Pearce.

89 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
^^I really like that back to back Baldwin/Tate pick

12 team, 1 keeper (Zeke 2nd round), 0.5 PPR, 1 fle

QB: Goff
RB: Zeke, Gordon, McKinnon, Coleman, Mack
WR: D Thomas, Hogan, Woods, Stills, Matthews
TE: Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: Denver

McKinnon fell to me with the 28th pick in a heavy RB keeper league so I had to take him oxver Baldwin/Fitz. WR are a bit light but I feel like there are only 2 better teams in the league.

Thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Kamara is this year's First Round CJ Spiller and Ezekial Elliott is a Cowboy. David Johnson and Antonio Brown went before me.

I'm #5, Pearce.

I want to draft in this league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You reached on Melvin Gordon for crazy reasons but at least you wasted those 9th and 10th round picks to make up for it.

Other than that there are some absolute steals for you.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I want to draft in this league.

I suppose my 1st round could have been Kamara. Zeke not getting picked in the first 4 picks was my worst case scenario, and it happened. I don't draft Cowboys. Period. Melvin Gordon gets the crazy volume, there's nobody behind him that challenges him for carries. His YPC isn't crazy, but it's not crazy in any sense to believe he can be a Top 5 RB this year. I had my thumb on Kamara. But, CJ Spiller started talking in my head and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Gordon treated me well last year.

I feel like Devonta Freeman was the best I could do in the 2nd in that spot. Ajayi could have been TY, but I think Ajayi is gonna do a lot this year (not just being a homer). Got Clement later to handcuff that.

Baldwin & Tate I am very excited about. Delanie Walker was supposed to be Mark Ingram, but I got sniped. The rest of it, I feel like I did the best I could with it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
KERRYON JOHNSON WAS STILL ON THE BOARD AT THE CLEMENT PICK?!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Oof, that could've been a really nice late round steal

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bobby didn't draft a kicker, so that's allowed, so that's what you shoulda done.

e. And Dave didn't take a D/ST, so that's also what you shoulda done

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

I suppose my 1st round could have been Kamara. Zeke not getting picked in the first 4 picks was my worst case scenario, and it happened. I don't draft Cowboys. Period. Melvin Gordon gets the crazy volume, there's nobody behind him that challenges him for carries. His YPC isn't crazy, but it's not crazy in any sense to believe he can be a Top 5 RB this year. I had my thumb on Kamara. But, CJ Spiller started talking in my head and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Gordon treated me well last year.

I feel like Devonta Freeman was the best I could do in the 2nd in that spot. Ajayi could have been TY, but I think Ajayi is gonna do a lot this year (not just being a homer). Got Clement later to handcuff that.

Baldwin & Tate I am very excited about. Delanie Walker was supposed to be Mark Ingram, but I got sniped. The rest of it, I feel like I did the best I could with it.

Here's how I would have drafted, just using players who went after your picks.

1. Elliott
2. Keenan Allen JFC Todd is a God damned moron for skipping over Davante Adams.
3. Diggs FFS who the gently caress are you drafting with that he made it to the turn JESUS DAVE YOU COULD HAVE HAD JULIO NUK DIGGS AND loving FITZGERALD.
4. Baldwin. You have chosen wisely. How the gently caress did Mixon fall that far.
5. Josh Gordon because I want to believe.
6. Burkhead for TE is dead to me.
7. Dion Lewis for more RB depth. I dig the WR pick you made though.
8. I respect Sanders but give me Trey Burton here.
9. Kerryon Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Corey Clement
10. Sony Michel for upside.
11. I don't hate the Anderson pick.
12. Smokey Brown over Carson.
13. Golladay all day.
14. Smith or Mahomes.
15. Powell.
16. Moore or Taywan Taylor.

Anyway you will do fine.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

Yeah, Kerryon I haven't done my research on. I'm real hesitant about rookies as well. I figure if my Ajayi goes down, Clement will be a fantasy beast.

It's my work league. So, if I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot in any draft, I'd rather it be this one.

Melvin Gordon & Devonta Freeman are probably my most unexciting first two picks ever. I didn't like my draft spot at all. RBs were flying after the first round. Keenan Allen would have been awesome to have along with TY, but oh well.

Now, Sunday...that's my main draft..

89 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 23, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyway you will do fine.

obligatory "half these guys will be traded away by game 4 anyway" comment

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

I'm #5, Pearce.

Is it really worth evaluating your team when we all know they'll be gone in a week. :D

Good for you for drafting with conviction. Too many people just go with the consensus. If Gordon was your guy, you take him there.

I hate the Ajayi pick, but I think the Clement pick will make up for it.

Your draft is fine, but I would have made a lot of different choices.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I set up one of my Yahoo money leagues to draft at 3am because I am a goddamn vampire and i thought there might be more people auto drafting.

.5 PPR team:

Carson Wentz (accidentally auto drafted because i was busy with a Dead Cells boss)
Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
Dalvin Cook
Christian McCaffery
Greg Olson
Chris Hogan

Alex Collins
Robby Anderson
Cooper Kupp
Andrew Luck
Jamaal Williams
Randall Cobb

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I haven’t paid really any attention and am pretty out on football in general but I have obligations to a league to participate this year. Any draft software recs?

I used draft dominator for years and 4for4 has a pretty good draft kit too

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

I haven’t paid really any attention and am pretty out on football in general but I have obligations to a league to participate this year. Any draft software recs?

I used draft dominator for years and 4for4 has a pretty good draft kit too

I do sheets that people like. My mother-in-law used the FantasyPros software and did great.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In my MFL league, I have it set so dropped players are locked for 2 days. Do I need to set up an event to process blind waiver FAAB bids every time a player is dropped, or will they process automatically whenever a dropped player is no longer locked?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 23, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
With the Travis Frederick news maybe downgrading Zeke a bit isn't crazy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Ben Nevis posted:

With the Travis Frederick news maybe downgrading Zeke a bit isn't crazy.

Yeah I was leaning DJ at 3 anyways, but this basically erases any doubt I had about that decision.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In my keeper league (0.5 ppr), the best available players in the draft will be: DJ, Zeke, Barkley, Julio, Fournette, Allen, Cook, AJ Green and so on.

Taking Saquon over Zeke isn't crazy is it?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I do sheets that people like. My mother-in-law used the FantasyPros software and did great.

I'll be using fantasy pros stuff because I have zero idea what's going on this year and I don't want to be the Mccoy in the first round guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Heads up with the fantasypros stuff: it does a really bad job of determining optimal roster construction. It'll give you like 5 bench WRs out of 6 bench slots

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

I'm #5, Pearce.

Person 1 drafted 3 TEs, two QBs, and a defense in the 8th round

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

I love Person 2 panic drafting a defense right after

OH poo poo RUN ON DEFENSES

e: wrong direction so gently caress me

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 23, 2018

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

The third defense drafted in the 8th round. My favorite pick in the 8th though is definitely Sproles as your RB2.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 23, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ben Nevis posted:

The third defense drafted in the 8th round. My favorite pick in the 8th though is definitely Sproles as your RB2.

The thing is, Dave is usually pretty good at fantasy. I think he was drunk/hasn't looked at anything this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

According to the board, they start 2 Wrs with no flex.
According to the board, that guy drafted 5 WRs in the first 7 rounds

Did you drug these people, 89?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

According to the board, they start 2 Wrs with no flex.
According to the board, that guy drafted 5 WRs in the first 7 rounds

Did you drug these people, 89?

1 Flex is written in pen.

Alcohol took care of them. 👍. Todd & Duff & Cydney were the only fantasy football newbies

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My Dynasty Startup Draft is next Wednesday at 7PM, $50 Entry Fee. Rules are modified Scott Fish Bowl settings.

Need one more person

Skype video group chat.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

1 Flex is written in pen.

Alcohol took care of them. 👍. Todd & Duff & Cydney were the only fantasy football newbies

How is it even fun playing in a league like that?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

How is it even fun playing in a league like that?

A lot of people play in leagues because participating is more important than winning. My family league, which is going on for its seventh year now, has become an annual tradition with everyone coming together to socialize and have fun. It's a great way for everyone to stay connected. Even crazier is that over time the league has gotten more and more competitive; just look at the draft board I posted earlier. Aside from the 2017 drafter everyone did a pretty solid job.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Spoeank posted:

Heads up with the fantasypros stuff: it does a really bad job of determining optimal roster construction. It'll give you like 5 bench WRs out of 6 bench slots

Yeah I wouldn't let it auto pick for you based on the percentages

Have a lot of info immediately available in an easy format like that is real good tho

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's that time of year again! I have done zero research, so thank you B4TBG for your beer sheets! I may check out the FantasyPros software also...anyone have any experience with it? Any good?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's really tough to determine whether the fun of playing in a dynasty league is worth the absolute nightmare that is using MFL to host a league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A lot of people play in leagues because participating is more important than winning. My family league, which is going on for its seventh year now, has become an annual tradition with everyone coming together to socialize and have fun. It's a great way for everyone to stay connected. Even crazier is that over time the league has gotten more and more competitive; just look at the draft board I posted earlier. Aside from the 2017 drafter everyone did a pretty solid job.

Yeah, that's why we have our employee league. Just keeps us that much more together. Ironically, I haven't won in 5 years.

And you would NEVER believe it...but Jimmy won last year.

His draft looked similar to this year's. His first RB1 was Adrian Peterson on the Saints.

RCarr posted:

It's really tough to determine whether the fun of playing in a dynasty league is worth the absolute nightmare that is using MFL to host a league.
I was very worried about this. But after spending enough time I'm not willing to admit (Thanks, Leperflesh!!!), it doesn't seem too bad.

Just don't use the app. Use the browser.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm trying to set up waivers to match every other fantasy football platform in existence. Players are locked from kickoff of their game, and stay locked until waivers process on Wednesday mornings. Ok, that part wasn't hard to set up.

Now for players that are dropped by an owner. In Yahoo/ESPN/NFL/CBS/etc they are locked for 2 days after being dropped, and then they process the following morning. I just want to set up my MFL the same way. But no! I have to manually set up any and all days for the entire season that I want waivers to process. (this means it processes ALL locked players). So, as far as I can tell, there's no way to make it treat waivers like the default setting of every fantasy football platform to ever exist in the history of fantasy football.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

89 posted:

I'm #5, Pearce.

I would add Ekeler if possible. I know there are mixed feelings about handcuffing butI think its important when you have big benches and when the handcuff would clearly be at least an RB2 if the main guy got hurt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1032690494244093953

Zeke might fall behind Kamara if this MASH unit keeps going the way it's going :stonk:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I am glad that reality has finally accepted my decision to completely avoid Zeke in the first.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
On a $200 budget, what's you guess as to the line where Zeke goes from "Overpriced" to "Value"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

I am glad that reality has finally accepted my decision to completely avoid Zeke in the first.

I was going to end up with Zeke before three people somehow decided Gurley wasn't the #1 overall pick.