Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/22358469/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-august-22-2018

New patch notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I cant believe they kept darnassian archery. gently caress that talent, one of the worst designed in the game (though fortunately moved to a later tier).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow ktz losing the ability to chain to structures. Yeah losing BoE to a good KTZ felt bad but I thought that was the cool part of his kit.

Losing CDR on everything (and chains got no baseline reduction) is a massive nerf too. I would have much preferred some kond of burst nerf + spike baseline but idk we'll see how it goes.

Chromie buffs not nearly enough, lol @ ratnor's scaling getting removed a month after release (gee who could have seen that coming). Targeting Whitemane's mana on the 4 Q talent seems odd, I guess that build was meant for burst healing and W build for sustain?

Long overdue (second) nerf to bottomless flask, third substantial nerf to ancient blessings in a row (probably won't be enough? Hard to tell but the competing buffs are a further "nerf" to the talent)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 22, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

How does KTZ own BoE? You chain the enemy immortal and they can't defend it or they get comboed? Or you chain their structures and if they defend, they get yanked into the immortal's attack?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

When is fat panda getting some love?

As far as Tyrande reworks go, this one looks like it'll dumpster her 'hybrid' style, which will no double ruffle a lot of feathers.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
They buffed Stukov's club arm so I'm going to call this best patch.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If they win the immortal (especially with shields) your team can easily just wipe trying to do anything to stop it because you spend so much time as 5 near your structures. Like all threatening ktzs they have to be much better at the game than your team ofc, I'm not a huge fan of ktz's playstyle but I rarely play against good ones anyways, this is just something that happened to me twice.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Tychus dps went from 200 at Level 1 to 208 at Level 1.

I sure can't wait to see what this does for his winrate!!!!!!!!!!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

lol @ ratnor's scaling getting removed a month after release (gee who could have seen that coming).

Not sure that's even a nerf. Raynor is gonna AA for 11% more damage at level 2 compared to before and that bonus drops to 0 by level 13. By level 22 he does 8% less damage than before, (235 damage vs 256). Depending on when your games are ending he's actually doing similar if not more damage than before.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Honestly I don't know why Blizzard even tried giving Raynor special scaling. Greymane and Varian have shown that non-standard scaling is a mistake, you'd think that they'd learn from that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think greymane's hp still has 4.5% (probius has 5 all around I think?). It makes sense if you give a character lame talents like greymane and probius, but... why not just make more fun talents.

Li Ming has 3% scaling on her basics and 5% on her ults, I guess because they really wanted to make mirrorball?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 22, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also the KTZ changes are loving amazingly good, holy poo poo. I was actually working on a KTZ redesign that involved making the chains not able to target structures and making Glacial Spike part of his core kit, so this patch was basically a wish come true.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

No Wave posted:

Losing CDR on everything (and chains got no baseline reduction) is a massive nerf too. I would have much preferred some kond of burst nerf + spike baseline but idk we'll see how it goes.

quote:

Death and Decay (Q)

Cooldown reduced from 6 to 5 seconds

Frost Nova (W)

Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds

Chains of Kel'thuzad (E)

Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds

????????

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wasn't there when I posted and was added later.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 22, 2018

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Blizzard announces that they're adding a totally sweet floating finger tutting lightning demon to the game and all reddit cares about is that his skull doesn't look the way it 18 years ago

gently caress this gay earth

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Two 275 point heals every 15 seconds compares well to Kharazhim's one 275 point aoe heal every 10, plus she has very significant baseline cooldown reductions (-1.5 seconds per attack with 1.33 attacks/second, -1 second per Ability that hits a hero) and lots of talents to boost her healing. If she stays a pseudo-support after the rework, she's going to wreck the QM win rates of Abathur, Zarya, Medivh, and Tassadar.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Wondering about Glacial Spike timing; Whether people are typically getting to first tier reward for KTZ before or after L7.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Shockeh posted:

Wondering about Glacial Spike timing; Whether people are typically getting to first tier reward for KTZ before or after L7.

Depends on if the enemy team is dumb enough to do the 5v5 skirmish at the start and if they don't actively starve ktz of targets for as long as possible in the early game. Also if your team isn't rotating to allow KTZ to lane versus a double. It takes a lot longer to build stacks when you're denied the double chain double freeze combos for 4 stacks each.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I just had this Brawl:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Gobbeldygook posted:

Two 275 point heals every 15 seconds compares well to Kharazhim's one 275 point aoe heal every 10, plus she has very significant baseline cooldown reductions (-1.5 seconds per attack with 1.33 attacks/second, -1 second per Ability that hits a hero) and lots of talents to boost her healing. If she stays a pseudo-support after the rework, she's going to wreck the QM win rates of Abathur, Zarya, Medivh, and Tassadar.
A developer said a while ago that they were probably going to make her a full healer in preparation for the role rework. That certainly fits these changes.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I've been flipping tables all day about the Tyrande rework.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

ShortStack posted:

I've been flipping tables all day about the Tyrande rework.

Isn't a good solo support Tyrande that actually gets played better than a weird multi-role hero that isn't really good at anything except hitting things on the other side of the map that never gets picked?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Not if you liked having fun. Nothing like popping open a can of beer after a long day's work and murdering people with owls in quick match.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Erdricks posted:

Not if you liked having fun. Nothing like popping open a can of beer after a long day's work and murdering people with owls in quick match.

She still has her owls, just now she can participate in the whole game.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Darnassian Archery completely worth it in the rare circumstance you 1v1 a tank to death and then 3-shot the assassin that comes in to assist

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryVastSharkDancingBaby

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Isn't a good solo support Tyrande that actually gets played better than a weird multi-role hero that isn't really good at anything except hitting things on the other side of the map that never gets picked?

Should've gone the other way then and made her into a real assassin.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm honestly in the "Tyrande should be an Assassin" camp too. Priestess of the Moon in WCIII had no healing whatsoever, so it's always struck me as strange that Tyrande got healing.

Although I definitely won't complain that she's being shifted back into a full-blown healer. There are not enough folks who know how to play her right now.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I'm excited for this reason. I play mostly ranked so if a hero is janky QM fodder I don't get to play them much.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We've got the most important kind of update.

A Carbot update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goKwhHYFDTU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

He was also singing rock songs in Goody's voice at one point. He's good at filling the downtime in Masters HL.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Tyrande screaming for another rework while Vikings sit there picking their nose.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I really enjoy that Blizzard actively works with Carbot now and does poo poo like send him the audio files in advance.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Tyrande was my "I got a support quest but healers are boring" pick. :( Least I still got Tassadar.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kharazim is fun!

Lucio also doesn't play the normal game. Instead he plays gnat for the enemies to swat at ineffectually. On "stand on this beacon thing" maps, or "channel this thing UNLESS SOME BRAZILIAN rear end in a top hat TAPS YOU AND RUNS AWAY GIGGLING" maps, he's especially fun.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Lose yourself to the beat, says Lucio the the Lord of Terror and a plant man in a four legged zap suit

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Bogart posted:

Lose yourself to the beat, says Lucio the the Lord of Terror and a plant man in a four legged zap suit

This is why I love HotS. :3:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Blizzard announces that they're adding a totally sweet floating finger tutting lightning demon to the game and all reddit cares about is that his skull doesn't look the way it 18 years ago

gently caress this gay earth

The HOTS playerbase is primarily made up of nostalgic dads and fanfic/redesign authors.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i saw this coming... This isnt kel'thuzad, mephisto did not have a personality, really wondering what people thought they'd feel when they got to play as the most forgettable boss in d2.

But the moveset looks interesting, I think the devs did a good job.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Bogart posted:

Fenix? Are Protoss plants???