Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

anachron posted:

Nah, there's only one of these
https://imgur.com/a/J331FqO

Looks pretty much the same as the other statues to me, just bigger.

e: and further in the background, maybe.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So It Goes posted:

For those who really wanna know spoilers, a link was in discord of a txt file with them.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283680756159741953/481938469514641409/Godhome.txt

It’s probably not complete since its just one persons notes.

hot diggity

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Be careful not to spoil folks, please, folks.

I for one didn't think they'd make an inverted path of pain.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It just dropped two hours early. :woop:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Be careful not to spoil folks, please, folks.

I for one didn't think they'd make an inverted path of pain.

what's even stranger is they make you go through it to even access the new dlc, a lot of people are going to be upset by that i think

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hollow Knight: Goonmaster (Formerly Goons & Glory!)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I never did like the healing-system. You recover health from the same pool as magic spells, which discouraged me from using spells. You can only recover one mask at a time at a slow speed, without charms. I just can't time it right when to recover so I often tank hits when I really shouldn't. It makes me pine for the estus-system from Dark Souls, or the medpacks from Hyper Light Drifter,. Just press a button in a safe-window and you get back half your health.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I just can't time it right when to recover ... Just press a button in a safe-window

:thunk:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, how do you start this new stuff?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I never did like the healing-system. You recover health from the same pool as magic spells, which discouraged me from using spells. You can only recover one mask at a time at a slow speed, without charms. I just can't time it right when to recover so I often tank hits when I really shouldn't. It makes me pine for the estus-system from Dark Souls, or the medpacks from Hyper Light Drifter,. Just press a button in a safe-window and you get back half your health.

I can understand not wanting to spend soul because "What if I need it for health points!" because I was like that for a real good chunk of the game and I'm used to spells in games like this Not Being Worth It but man when I actually started using magic it was unreal. The fact I can down the true final boss without being close to it and get all my SOUL back in a few hits? Holding onto it didn't really have meaning anymore.
That and with the soul vessel upgrades constantly pouring into the main tank I didn't really have a excuse to hold onto it because they can refill at any time.

That said I don't get the last part as it's literally a push a button in a safe window thing. There's only like 4-5 bosses in the game that do two pips of damage to you so as long as you aren't face tanking/healing you can get your health back pretty fast- that and like, 95% of the bosses have a "Oh no we're flailing around helplessly" state where you can recover 3 pips

Broken Cog posted:

Going off memories of the Nintendo showcase but it's to the left of the tilted sewer bench and through a breakable ceiling

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Broken Cog posted:

Iirc there's a new thing in the sewers? Dunno if there's anything to direct you there though. You might need a simple key? I guess they'd have to add a new one somewhere

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
The key you need is in the coliseum .

Regarding the expanded romance options: you can give the flower to more people. It respawns at the traitors grave now.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For once I met the Moss Prophet while he still lives. I'm going to see how far I can go before triggering the corruption in the forgotten crossroads.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I found it.

So, the DLC is a massive bossrush? That's pretty awesome.

Edit: Lol, even the Gruz Mothers isn't a pushover anymore.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

holy poo poo there's a room which lets you refight literally any boss in the game, with multiple difficulty options

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Found a new sub-area behind a breakable wall on the right side of the Colosseum of Fools. It's got a boss, a simple key, and a King's Idol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
ascended nightmare king grimm :stare:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How do I make my Switch check for updates :saddowns:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arrhythmia posted:

ascended nightmare king grimm :stare:

You think ascended is the highest difficulty? :allears:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do the difficulties change the patterns/add new ones or do they just increase enemy HP/damage?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I cannot find the sewer room.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Argue posted:

Do the difficulties change the patterns/add new ones or do they just increase enemy HP/damage?

For the single bosses, it seems that
The first difficulty is the original boss, just a bit harder/more hp.
The second difficulty changes the boss or the arena in some way.
The third difficulty is the same as the second (afaik), but you die in one hit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

YggiDee posted:

How do I make my Switch check for updates :saddowns:

I figured it out, the update just isn't here yet

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

For the single bosses, it seems that
The first difficulty is the original boss, just a bit harder/more hp.
The second difficulty changes the boss or the arena in some way.
The third difficulty is the same as the second (afaik), but you die in one hit.

Oh well I guess the third difficulty doesn't actually change anything from the second when it comes to NKG

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
That was a tense 12 minutes - Switch version is out now!

anachron
Jan 23, 2004

fractalairduct posted:

Looks pretty much the same as the other statues to me, just bigger.

e: and further in the background, maybe.

Mind showing me what statues you're talking about? The only other places I've seen the king's image besides in dreams and flashbacks are the fountain in ancient basin and the king's idols.

Re: size - the flashbacks and dream sequences where we see the king also show the hollow knight as tiny and its def much larger when we meet it. Idk

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Can someone tell me without spoiling anything how hidden the new DLC is? Will I come across it naturally if I do another playthrough and keep my eyes open, or do I need to slash every wall and ground pound everywhere to see if it's breakable? Maybe on a 1-10 scale, where the Hidden Station is a 1, the White Defender location is a 10, and the start of the Grimm Troupe is a 5.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
You have to get an [item] in one area and use it another. So 6 or 7 since it's not as explicit as Grimm?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Inferior Third Season posted:

Can someone tell me without spoiling anything how hidden the new DLC is? Will I come across it naturally if I do another playthrough and keep my eyes open, or do I need to slash every wall and ground pound everywhere to see if it's breakable? Maybe on a 1-10 scale, where the Hidden Station is a 1, the White Defender location is a 10, and the start of the Grimm Troupe is a 5.

Probably a 5, 7 or 6 if you've used all the other simple keys.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Arrhythmia posted:

Probably a 5, 7 or 6 if you've used all the other simple keys.

This is the thing I'm worried about in doing this pack with a cleared game- scouring the map for one more little collectible :negative:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anything else in the DLC for people who don’t want to just do harder versions of previous boss fights?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

C-Euro posted:

This is the thing I'm worried about in doing this pack with a cleared game- scouring the map for one more little collectible :negative:

If you know the subzone the key is in, it's really easy to find.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RCarr posted:

Is there anything else in the DLC for people who don’t want to just do harder versions of previous boss fights?
Well, there are some new bosses...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
you could just read a spoiler if that sounds boring

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Didn't they say something about "glorifying" charms? Anyone figure out what that means yet?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i believe this version fixes the respawning geo cache that gives 420 per run. good thing i set the game to only update when i run the game so i could grind out the health and greed charms~

Relin fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 23, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Is this new content unlocked on current play throughs or do you need to start a new game? Assuming the former as everyone is hitting the new content so quickly

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I was able to access the area with the simple key on a 94% cleared save, so the former.

Looks like the new mode is locked behind completing Godshome. Still wanna know what it is!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh my god this means I have to do trial of the fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

f#a# posted:

I was able to access the area with the simple key on a 94% cleared save, so the former.

Looks like the new mode is locked behind completing Godshome. Still wanna know what it is!

I watched someone unlock it on stream (and then not actually look to see what it is), you don't have to complete everything, just the first three pantheons. doesn't seem like bindings matter either.