Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

mojo1701a posted:

How this man had any clout at all, I will never know.

Canada's journalists have slightly less clout and therefore look up to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

well I guess they're kind of tracking a far reaching program of government-sanctioned child abduction, child rape, and child murder.

:drat:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Canada's journalists have slightly less clout and therefore look up to him.

This post has been reported to the Toronto Sun for criticizing Canada's noble journalist class. Enjoy your front page coverage and possible police investigation.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

bring back forced lobotomies

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

portraying surface-level lip-service to progressive values as radical is kind of the right's entire deal

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

THC posted:

bring back forced lobotomies

That "peoplekind" crack is really one of those classics that makes conservatives melt down reliably over and over and over. They're still mad about it half a year later.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

same people: "the left has no sense of humour, they've ruined comedy"

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey, don't forget he just told someone they were racist for echoing the Quebec government's "When is Ottawa going to pay the costs for all the illegal immigrants?" over the weekend, if I skimmed headlines right this morning.

I'm currently too busy to go looking for French transcriptions or commentary, but that kind of thing can lose Trudeau a ton of maybe/sometimes Liberal voters in addition to firing up the Conservatives' base. Even more in Quebec than the rest of the country.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

James Baud posted:

Hey, don't forget he just told someone they were racist for echoing the Quebec government's "When is Ottawa going to pay the costs for all the illegal immigrants?" over the weekend, if I skimmed headlines right this morning.

I'm currently too busy to go looking for French transcriptions or commentary, but that kind of thing can lose Trudeau a ton of maybe/sometimes Liberal voters in addition to firing up the Conservatives' base. Even more in Quebec than the rest of the country.

it can also gain him support from the people who elected him. Also, who cares, that lady is racist, good for him.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jordan7hm posted:

it can also gain him support from the people who elected him. Also, who cares, that lady is racist, good for him.

It's not quite "deplorables", but that's the risk.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Posting again in my favourite thread:

Even Spokane hates Alberta:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4398753/spokane-fan-wildfire-smoke-canada/

quote:

Spokane residents want to fan wildfire smoke back to Canada. That’s ‘very ridiculous’: expert

A group of Spokane residents think it makes sense to put fans on people’s roofs and blow the wildfire smoke enveloping their city in Canada’s direction.

They would be mistaken, said a person who knows what she’s talking about.

“Blow Spokane’s Smoke Away to Canada” is the name of a Facebook event that’s scheduled to take place on Friday at noon.

Organized by Spokane resident Caleb Moon, the event asks its population of 550,000 people to place at least five box fans on their roofs, turn them to their highest settings and aim them at “northeastern Canada.”

“Team work makes the dream work. Let’s do this, Spokanites,” said the event’s description.

The event may sound like a joke, but Moon said he’s serious about this.

“We figure a small box fan can move smoke about six feet, so if you put 500,000 of them together, you can do the math on that, we can probably get it pretty far into Canada,” he said.

And he admits to feeling a little bad about the idea.

“I love Canadian bacon on my pizza, I love hockey and I am sorry this is the only solution we have,” Moon said.

There’s a flaw in the plan, however — it’s “very ridiculous,” said Sarah Henderson, senior environmental health scientist at the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC).

“One sort of floor fan could move a little smoke around, but there’s no way that a large group of fans is going to move as much smoke as there actually is,” she told Global News.

“If he’s got a fan running, on your floor, think of its radius of influence — it’s not very large, maybe 10 feet.

“So all it’s going to do is clear smoke, maybe, out of that 10 feet, but a fan also pulls. It doesn’t just push air, it pulls air through it.”

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

James Baud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDuQx-AXObo

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 22:05 on Aug 21, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

James Baud posted:

the science checks out

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

James Baud posted:

This sounds like an Onion article. Although the Onion seems to have been rather prescient this last little while...

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/kensimformayor/status/1031926573857787906

such diversity!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Finally somebody who cares about what baby boomers think!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/MA_Grondin/status/1032617826979393536

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

imo the conservatives should be burns and the liberals should be mustache burns

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Discussions with Elections Canada are underway re: party name, eh? What need for discussion unless Bernier wants to use an old party name?

(Reform)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

James Baud posted:

Discussions with Elections Canada are underway re: party name, eh? What need for discussion unless Bernier wants to use an old party name?

(Reform)

Reform or Alliance.

Comedy option: Social Credit

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

social debit

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

social equity party

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Regardless, this is gonna make talking politics with all the Conservatives in my social circle more fun as long as they're on the fence between "no don't split the right damnit" and lining up on Bernier's side (which they all will, if this doesn't fizzle out immediately).

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
it’s gonna be something ridiculous like the Canadian freedom party or something

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Extremely accurate.

I'm gonna vote for Kodo.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

feeling cute might delete later

https://twitter.com/TonyclementCPC/status/1032622923532488704

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i sat in that very hammock like 5 days ago and blew a bunch of farts into it

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Looks like Tony’s there to finish the job for you. Also the look he makes while writing NP editorials.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

look at dis fucken dorks

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1032416738221191168

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

Do those shirts honestly say I love pipelines.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/maxime-bernier-reaches-his-logical-conclusion/

This is probably as good as it gets re: Bernier save one thing... Somehow, he did manage a credible leadership campaign.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Laminar posted:

Do those shirts honestly say I love pipelines.

Alberta is a hell of a drug

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ManlyGrunting posted:

Alberta is a hell of a drug

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Bernier left CPC, possibly starting his own party. Oh god yes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Reform is back.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I love that word... Refoooooorm

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

infernal machines posted:

I love that word... Refoooooorm

I can't help but hear that stupid voice whenever I hear the word "reform"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Yeah, same

loving Air farce

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
However this goes I'm sure it'll somehow be bad for the rest of us even if it shouldn't be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tighclops posted:

However this goes I'm sure it'll somehow be bad for the rest of us even if it shouldn't be

Sunny days my friend