Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

captainOrbital posted:

DJ Shadow also samples it for one of the songs in Endtroducing...but I can never remember the names of any of those songs.

Changeling / Transmission 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IamnotJoe posted:

I have only seen the first movie but I thought the moving pictures were of the deceased or at least of real people.

All paintings and photographs can be processed magically to move, so presumably...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

The fact that wizard art is stuck at the purely representative level just reveals the complete cultural bankruptcy of the wizarding "community"

You seem to have put a lot of thought into this.

Perhaps wizarding still life and wizarding abstract expressionism just never featured relevantly in the plot of these particular children's books

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Prince of Darkness ruled. And that sample is in some song I like that I'm now trying to remember, but it's just not coming to me.

edit:
The "Down in the Park" cover by Marilyn Manson! That's the song that samples it.

any movie where Alice Cooper kills someone with half a bicycle is ok by me

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

You seem to have put a lot of thought into this.

Perhaps wizarding still life and wizarding abstract expressionism just never featured relevantly in the plot of these particular children's books

There's no reason to believe that the Wizarding World extends beyond what's shown in the books. Look at how the only careers available to the kids after graduation were incompetent bureaucrat, working at or owning a shop, and cop.

The only reason the Wizarding World is kept secret is because if it wasn't the entire "culture" would vanish in a generation. All the wizard kids would flee into the Muggle world

canis minor
May 4, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

DJ Shadow also samples it for one of the songs in Endtroducing...but I can never remember the names of any of those songs.

Oh come on - you surely recognize the one where Twin Peaks giant "It's happening... again" in sampled (tbf I don't remember the name as well)

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Look at how the only careers available to the kids after graduation were incompetent bureaucrat, working at or owning a shop, and cop.

Well yeah, because it's set in the UK. Those are pretty much the only jobs left on knife-crime island.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brewmaster posted:

Well yeah, because it's set in the UK. Those are pretty much the only jobs left on knife-crime island.

That's not true, Muggles have those options and reality show object of ridicule, doing Youtube eyebrow tutorials, and racist Twitch streamer.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Is "professional football hooligan" a recognized career? Or is it more like a really popular hobby?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

canis minor posted:

Oh come on - you surely recognize the one where Twin Peaks giant "It's happening... again" in sampled (tbf I don't remember the name as well)

it's the last track

I'll jump on this grenade and listen to the album again later

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I signed up for a movie streaming website and they sure could've worded that they wanted me to have fun with friends in a better way

...or they are straight up telling to have circlejerk, who knows

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Life, uh... finds a way

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

I signed up for a movie streaming website and they sure could've worded that they wanted me to have fun with friends in a better way

They know exactly what they're doing there.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Samuringa posted:

There's a pair of tits on the wall in your picture. Draw your own conclusion

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The term is "Parallel Play" not circlejerk.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The term is "Parallel Play" not circlejerk.

Mutual moviebation

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rabbits were THE vibrator to have until Hitachi wands showed up.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Am I an alarmist baby or is that a tasty way to get cancer?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Clitch posted:

Am I an alarmist baby or is that a tasty way to get cancer?

Yeah red meat is pretty strongly linked to stomach and colon cancer

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I swear that’s a scene from Broad City.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/975557505051971584?s=19

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Picnic Princess posted:

Everyone uses a LOVENSE Lush now

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Picnic Princess posted:

Hitachi Magic Wands pre-date Rabbit-type vibes by at least 25 years.

quote:

Hitachi listed the Magic Wand for business use with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on 25 April 1968.[11][12] Kabushiki Kaisha Hitachi Seisakusho registered the trademark to the Magic Wand.[28] It became available to the mass market in the U.S. during the 1970s and was advertised as a device to aid with massage techniques

The Rabbit got super popular because of that episode of Sex and the City, and on the back of that show I literally sold thousands of them at the adult store I managed while I was at university.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

We Know Catheters posted:

Everyone uses a LOVENSE Lush now

Magic Wand is still #1, the Lush is underpowered and the BT is a gimmick .

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Memento posted:

Hitachi Magic Wands pre-date Rabbit-type vibes by at least 25 years.

The Rabbit got super popular because of that episode of Sex and the City, and on the back of that show I literally sold thousands of them at the adult store I managed while I was at university.
This is absolutely correct. I also worked at a shop, and I also have been in the game for a minute. :cool:

And meant to say thank you, because this made things make much more sense. The photographer is Ukrainian, after all!

Paladinus posted:

The cat is wearing a traditional Ukrainian vyshivanka, and home-made sour cream is a staple Ukrainian food. Stereotypically it's stored in ceramic jars, and the cat's muzzle has smears on it from the rim of such jar, implying the cat was stealing the sour cream. Just like Ukrainian politicians steal from regular Ukrainians.

The picture above evokes the blue and yellow Ukrainian flag.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Aimbotters :argh:

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Does anyone have the series of pics of a dude building a plastic model and getting more and more injured the farther he goes?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Does anyone have the series of pics of a dude building a plastic model and getting more and more injured the farther he goes?

Could only find it as a single image, I'll link it instead of embedding it because it's enormous.

https://i.imgur.com/OLfSb.jpg

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

The service is called Rabbit. Why choose that name if it's not about having lots of sex?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lobok posted:

The service is called Rabbit. Why choose that name if it's not about having lots of sex?

maybe its about eating your children

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Dungeon Ecology posted:

i hate that that is called showerthoughts

you should check out growerthoughts, it's more effort but it's worth it

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

maybe its about eating your children

oh, so rabbits are baby boomers - makes sense

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Rabbit is cockney rhyming slang for talking

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tsaedje posted:

Rabbit is cockney rhyming slang for talking
It's rabbit and pork = talk

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

spookygonk posted:

It's rabbit and pork = talk

Yeah but "rabbit" is pretty commonly used for talk, at least where I grew up (not even in the UK). "He's really rabbitting on", "having a rabbit", etc.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

A classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo

fake edit: Can't embed, still worth a click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

bike tory posted:

Yeah but "rabbit" is pretty commonly used for talk, at least where I grew up (not even in the UK). "He's really rabbitting on", "having a rabbit", etc.

Precisely, that's just how rhyming slang works. Extremely often the word that actually rhymes is dropped.