Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

PMush Perfect posted:

Is the mafia Godfather vibe I'm getting intentional too?

:thejoke:

Deus Pater = God Father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay good I'm just a little thick.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So I'm imagining Solomon's seventh of creation as a sort of nepotistic pyramid scheme. Is Solomon has been busy getting down on a billion concubines, and you know that old perv loves him some concubines, and his direct decendents love concubines, then after a few thousand years it's not out of the realm of possibility of there being 1,111,111 dudes who can claim to have a fraction of Solomon's divine blood in their veins.

So at the lowest tier you have the sons that have 1/128th Solomon blood in them (I know it's probably less but I can't be bothered to do the math) who each control one world apiece. And over them are the 1/64th sons who oversees two (or more) of the 1/128th sons. And above them they are overseen by the 1/32nd sons, who are overseen by the 1/16th sons, and so on so on so forth. And each group only interacts with the group directly above or below them except in extraordinary circumstances. This allows each world to be ruled in an ordered and efficient manner without Solomon himself needing to personally manage them.

In short, Solomon's sons are the Modrons and he is Primus

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"There is nothing beyond my control." - Local demiurge, shortly before everything spiraled out of control

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Who else immediately thought of Walder Frey? Except I bet Walder Frey was a billion times more nurturing. Imagine growing up calling your dad by a title, and him referring to you as one of his servants.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 23, 2018

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Sindai posted:

"There is nothing beyond my control." - Local demiurge, shortly before everything spiraled out of control

"There is nothing beyond my control." - Dude who has to share ruling the universe with six lunatics who he hates

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

pretty sure Jagganoth is beyond everybody's control

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

pretty sure Jagganoth is beyond everybody's control

I dunno, Metatron seems to have a pretty solid grip on him

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I liked Jagganoth better when I thought he was a giant hosed up elephant man, and didn't know he was actually just a big dude in giant elephant man armour

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

I liked Jagganoth better when I thought he was a giant hosed up elephant man, and didn't know he was actually just a big dude in giant elephant man armour

same

fursuit-hat gym dad is a good look too tho

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Magnus Manfist posted:

"There is nothing beyond my control." - Dude who has to share ruling the universe with six lunatics who he hates

Mottom hates him too so I don't see why he thinks he can mediate between her and Mammon, other than his ego.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
when you think about it the demiurges are basically a pantheon of Breakfast Club kids that all got given unfathomable cosmic power and used it to solidify their own stupid cliques

Jagganoth is the weird loner kid sitting in the basement writing poems about how misunderstood he is.. Mottom is probably on the cheerleader squad. Solomon David is on the student council but got detention for writing a very sternly worded letter about the health effects of installing a Fruitopia vending machine in the cafeteria. Jadis puts chips on her sandwiches. Gog-Agog can't shut the gently caress up about how lol random she is. Mammon wears a bow tie and is very in to Chicago school economics.

and i think Incubus sells drugs to grade schoolers.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

putting chips on your sandwich is Right and Just

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

AriadneThread posted:

The Principal Art of Cutting (the crusts off of sandwiches)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

well Jadis was the strongest demiurge for a reason...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Are we talking a chip butty or, like, Lays?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I miss 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe so much it hurts.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i used to put tortilla chips into my tuna sandwiches

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AriadneThread posted:

The righteous will always be persecuted.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
sol is a beautiful man i like him

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who What Now posted:

So I'm imagining Solomon's seventh of creation as a sort of nepotistic pyramid scheme.

You mean a ziggurat scheme, obviously.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

this broken hill posted:

sol is a beautiful man i like him

I bet if he holds you you feel so safe

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

These counselors are dumb as poo poo anyway, anyone strong enough to kill Solomon is going to claim his key and have no reason to care about any claim any declared successor would have

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I bet if he holds you you feel so safe

you have to fill out the relevant paperwork first

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

These counselors are dumb as poo poo anyway, anyone strong enough to kill Solomon is going to claim his key and have no reason to care about any claim any declared successor would have

Maybe they simply don't realize it works like that. The supreme smug dude probably doesn't want to tell everyone that if he brains himself falling down some stairs the first person to find his corpse gets to be the next purple god-king.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Reach Heaven By Diving Downward Head First.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is that what Holy Diver was about?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
where the hell's my weekend smug supply operant

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

A big flaming stink posted:

where the hell's my weekend smug supply operant

preview went up yesterday it'll happen sooner or later

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

New page is up.

Goddamn. This arc is gonna be great.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This arc is gonna be hella Dragon Ball.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That beautiful motherfucker has a halo around his halo :allears:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

whomst

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the tourney probably has a no girls allowed sign but Allison will accidentally sign up and then proceed through all the ranks until "holy poo poo this dude was a chick" is revealed in a comical and/or badass manner

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
anyway isn't 25 generations less than a thousand years pff this dude ain't poo poo

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Consider that if you punch the admittance official so hard that the shockwave makes the sign explode, there's no longer a no girls sign.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Solomon Daddy has probably never faced a demiurge who uses 47 Empty Palms.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1033495530125623296?s=09

Can't say I disagree with his succession plans.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

anyway isn't 25 generations less than a thousand years pff this dude ain't poo poo

An average generation is about 25 years, so yeah, you're looking at less than 700 years. Other possiblities though:

- Solomon David sires one generation every thousand years or something. All these dudes look a similar age, assuming the purple-robed guys are just assistants and not successors.

- Solomon David's progeny live a hell of a long time.

Both pretty plausible.

Has there been any indication what his Word is? He doesn't yet seem to have any big thing holding him back other than that he's clearly settled for what he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Could it be anything but Pride?