Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Looks like my eve dudes are worth about $530. So much effort for so little cash lmao.

They are actually worth $0, because selling EVE assets for real money is against the TOS :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
Yay, new thread!

Q: When I last applied to GoonWaffe, I got as far as trying to list all my other characters, but :effort: and I abandoned the application.

(Its a lot of characters! :negative: )

And I don't remember which character I used.

Do I just start over?

Or follow the Vacationed instructions posted above. Or something else? (Like not reinstalling...)

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rutibex posted:

They are actually worth $0, because selling EVE assets for real money is against the TOS :colbert:

and since when do people quitting give a poo poo about the TOS?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Pale Peril posted:

Yay, new thread!

Q: When I last applied to GoonWaffe, I got as far as trying to list all my other characters, but :effort: and I abandoned the application.

Do I just start over?

Or follow the Vacationed instructions posted above. Or something else? (Like not reinstalling...)

Were you in Goonwaffe? Send an email with your SA name, goonfleet.com forums name and the first character you want invited to newbies@goonfleet.com.

If you've never had a goonfleet.com forums account (or had one back in goonfleet days but it no longer exists) then send an email to newbies@goonfleet.com indicating it's a new application and listing all of your characters as well as your SA account name.

If you've never been in Goonwaffe but have a goonfleet.com forums account do not try to create a new account. Send an email to newbies@goonfleet.com explaining your predicament.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

At what time do I get all testy and demand action after emailing newbies? It's been 24 hours, which seems short, but I dunno, when I was in auth I remember people getting lovely if they were in queue for 20mins so I just want to be behaving as expected.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Spiteski posted:

At what time do I get all testy and demand action after emailing newbies? It's been 24 hours, which seems short, but I dunno, when I was in auth I remember people getting lovely if they were in queue for 20mins so I just want to be behaving as expected.

The standard now is to start bitching BEFORE you send the email, or after you send it to the wrong email address.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Uh, what is Minicum?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, what is Minicum?

a tiny :gizz:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

The standard now is to start bitching BEFORE you send the email, or after you send it to the wrong email address.

Well in that case.
Would someone hurry up and sort me out.

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
Alright I have a friend that's in Ascendance and they talk about it a lot, and I like the thread title, so I want to join this.

Is there a idiots guide to eve that I should read, or is the OP from the old thread and in game tutorial enough? There was also something about a 90 day wait in the joining link.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flamester posted:

Alright I have a friend that's in Ascendance and they talk about it a lot, and I like the thread title, so I want to join this.

Is there a idiots guide to eve that I should read, or is the OP from the old thread and in game tutorial enough? There was also something about a 90 day wait in the joining link.

Your newbies guide should come in the form of joining goonswarm. There is a goonswarm wiki that is open to the public, but its quite old and the info is not up to date. You need access to the goonswarm forums, thats where all the up to date tutorials are posted. You should come out to 0.0 space right away, if you stay in high security you will learn bad habits.

Failing that just post here and people can answer your questions.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
those ads are really doing work :corsair:

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Flamester posted:

I've been following guidance on this page: https://www.thealphasguide.com/. Not sure how legitimate it is, but have based the initial skill training + ship setups off of that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That guide isn’t terrible for new players, but be aware that it begins and ends in the shallow end of the pool. If you’re more of a “jump into the deep end” type, there’s a lot you can do by going straight to Delve and you won’t miss much by avoiding high security space. But if hisec appeals to you then sure, run some missions and train up some skills! Just be aware that whatever you’re doing in hisec is basically peanuts.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

I will never stop posting, it is my cultural heritage as a goon. Quit being butthurt because your soft. (In the peenus)

Prop Wash posted:

Don't worry, we're glad you got out too

Thanks! I was dragging things down a lot!

Rutibex posted:

That's a problem for the person I make my ill-gotten gains from.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Pale Peril posted:

Yay, new thread!

Do I just start over?

you got it right the first time

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

That guide isn’t terrible for new players, but be aware that it begins and ends in the shallow end of the pool. If you’re more of a “jump into the deep end” type, there’s a lot you can do by going straight to Delve and you won’t miss much by avoiding high security space. But if hisec appeals to you then sure, run some missions and train up some skills! Just be aware that whatever you’re doing in hisec is basically peanuts.

I haven't managed to even apply to any Goon corporations yet, think I'll avoid flying anywhere for now where I'm likely to get blown out of the sky in an instant. :)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

lovely tuna snatch posted:

I haven't managed to even apply to any Goon corporations yet, think I'll avoid flying anywhere for now where I'm likely to get blown out of the sky in an instant. :)

That’s anywhere. Nowhere is safe in eve.

Also it’s better to get used to the idea of blowing up because of events outside of your control early, coz it’s gonna happen a lot.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

OzyMandrill posted:

250k skill points sounds a lot, and I'll probably upgrade for at least a month which generates 350 plex, so if anyone wants to pm me a referral link it would be appreciated*

*appreciation subject to change depending on how bad the game is / I am at it

assuming 1800SP/hr (this is with the primary and secondary attributes for a skill at 20), 250k skillpoints is 5d 18h 53m 20s worth of training time.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
when my next pc purrs into lyfe, all moisty coolieo and that, Mebbe I shall join and respec a bit for rorqual.
or i should just slam a car door shut onto my dick a few times a day.
the struggle to decide is real

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

staberind posted:

when my next pc purrs into lyfe, all moisty coolieo and that, Mebbe I shall join and respec a bit for rorqual.

You can do both if you put your mind to it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

those ads are really doing work :corsair:

old ads pullin old goons

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

staberind posted:

you can get dessies for your toonie

quote:

probably

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

staberind posted:

Which do you value most? Your dick, or your sanity?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I feel that the only way I would have time and space to play EVE is if my wife dies in a car accident and life insurance allows me to take an extended leave of absence from work.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

madmatt112 posted:

I feel that the only way I would have time and space to play EVE is if my wife dies in a car accident and life insurance allows me to take an extended leave of absence from work.

A man can have either an mmo or a wife. If you start playing anyway the problem will take care of itself.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

A man can have either an mmo or a wife. If you start playing anyway the problem will take care of itself.

For some reason mine just began playing mobile games on her iphone and I can't get her to make the transition, but it's hard to go from games where you grow magic dragons in cloudland to EVE.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kimsemus posted:

For some reason mine just began playing mobile games on her iphone and I can't get her to make the transition, but it's hard to go from games where you grow magic dragons in cloudland to EVE.

Mine has been playing ESO non-stop since it came out.
Would you like to exchange?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just got into my first fight, I tried to save a polish ratter who weren't in the fleet but my Tormentor got destroyed within two seconds then everyone yelled on the polish guy because he wasn't in fleet :downs:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Boatswain posted:

I just got into my first fight, I tried to save a polish ratter who weren't in the fleet but my Tormentor got destroyed within two seconds then everyone yelled on the polish guy because he wasn't in fleet :downs:

Goonfleet2018.txt

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

Mine has been playing ESO non-stop since it came out.
Would you like to exchange?

In a very similar boat

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Flamester posted:

Looks like you might want to join Karmafleet

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

In a very similar boat

why do you have a massive tub of raisins

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Landsknecht posted:

why do you have a massive tub of raisins

Why don't you? Raisins are tasty.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

staberind posted:

Please never breed

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also it’s better to get used to the idea of blowing up because of events outside of your control early, coz it’s gonna happen a lot.

Its a feature, not a bug! :ullerrm:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

madmatt112 posted:

Naw not much goes on really

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Yeah, the way I play Eve is to sit logged off 99.9% of the time with the occasional bit in Jabber, then log in when poo poo Gets Real in space. Then again, I'm space affluent enough not to need to grind for ISK all the time, so YMMV.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

staberind posted:

What the gently caress is this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm trying to find that video from Eve where one of the devs is discussing the latency issues and how they compound etc, and how it was hard to find a solution. It's probably from at least 4-5 years ago. Anyone know which one I'm talking about and what it was called, or have the link. Thanks!