Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's three main lanes with flanking shortcuts to the other ones.

It should be pointed out that more than three lanes is kind of pointless when you're balancing for three point Domination, or modes with only two objective/spawn zones.
Having a map say, five lanes wide is a waste of dev time when all lanes converge to one objective spot on each end. Especially when 6v6 is your most common player count.

The only real variation to the three lane is a circular/triangular setup like in BLOPS 1's Launch map, but I don't think they've tried it since.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

It's three main lanes with flanking shortcuts to the other ones.

It should be pointed out that more than three lanes is kind of pointless when you're balancing for three point Domination, or modes with only two objective/spawn zones.
Having a map say, five lanes wide is a waste of dev time when all lanes converge to one objective spot on each end. Especially when 6v6 is your most common player count.

The only real variation to the three lane is a circular/triangular setup like in BLOPS 1's Launch map, but I don't think they've tried it since.

hosed up that the best maps Treyarch has made (Launch) has not been brought back.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hosed up that the best maps Treyarch has made (Launch) has not been brought back.

I miss how the rocket would actually launch during the match (and kill anyone at ground zero).
More maps need that kind of dynamism... albeit not in the lovely way AW did it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

I miss how the rocket would actually launch during the match (and kill anyone at ground zero).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vlc2H78jrY

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Ahh, the classics :allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Best shooter ever made.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I meant the video :v: Theatre mode let you do some fun poo poo. Game capture is nice but you can't look top down or from the other teams' perspective etc.

Who did the one from (I think) MW3 on the bridge blowing themself up to dramatic music?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I meant the video :v: Theatre mode let you do some fun poo poo. Game capture is nice but you can't look top down or from the other teams' perspective etc.

Who did the one from (I think) MW3 on the bridge blowing themself up to dramatic music?

It broke a lot with Ground War matches though (on 360 at least)

Digital Fiction ( :rip: ) had some MW3 ones, but I don't have his youtube channel bookmarked. :milk:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Does anyone remember what Black Ops 1 video it was back in the day that had goons (?) playing in Havana with someone from the US putting on a British accent and talking about showering in brandy and how the UK's official sport was quidditch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Not on a bridge, but it was a suicide 'nade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTwlFPnNUA

Digital had some great poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrt3axixQjxVbwOFOnqdfg

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I remember when we had FMG night in MW3. Sidearms were so easy to level up in that game even pubbies used them once they caught on. Wizard Night was also a good time. You'd be surprised by how many pubbies don't use Assassin.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hope y’all ready for.... stickers?

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1033043979229642752?s=21

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Digital stickers? gently caress that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Digital stickers? gently caress that.

Wait until they reveal COD pogs

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wake me when they make motivational fridge magnets.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Did you get your limited edition CoD challenge coins from GameStop?!?!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Apparently some people are real mad the winner’s circle is (maybe) coming back? I can’t imagine why.

Unrelated, I’m really looking forward to Chacha’s and Macy’s P2W painted pistols

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Apparently some people are real mad the winner’s circle is (maybe) coming back? I can’t imagine why.

Unrelated, I’m really looking forward to Chacha’s and Macy’s P2W painted pistols

The winner's circle has to come back. It wouldn't be. Black Ops without synchronized Gravedigger taunts.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Kizurue posted:

The winner's circle has to come back. It wouldn't be. Black Ops without synchronized Gravedigger taunts.

i don't know if i want them to implement a delay so that teams can synchro taunts or not. it'd be funny in a 'good game close almost a tie' way but would take away from the value of hitting all three at the same time

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

'good game close almost a tie'

Dear Treyarch,
Please make this the win quote of whatever ninja edgelord character you put in this upcoming game. I would be most appreciative.

Love,

Mr. F

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Does anyone have the video of where Literal Garbage was challenged to a 1v 1 with a guy and spent the whole time running around and shooting at the sky?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

Does anyone have the video of where Literal Garbage was challenged to a 1v 1 with a guy and spent the whole time running around and shooting at the sky?

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the goon that actually had recording software back then.
I'm gonna say Lazyfire, but I don't know for sure. Do you remember which CoD it was?

Looks like Lazyfire's channel only goes back to BLOPS 1.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 25, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COD videos peaked with the decoy package one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogBJbjO-FY

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mister Facetious posted:

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the goon that actually had recording software back then.
I'm gonna say Lazyfire, but I don't know for sure. Do you remember which CoD it was?

Looks like Lazyfire's channel only goes back to BLOPS 1.

I want to say it was wa27

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I promise you I will not be buying cod points this time. I may still tease people with something p2w oriented though.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

CaptainScraps posted:

I got you covered, baby.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

I want to say it was wa27

His video using Last Stand + C4/claymore suicide to prevent his death counting for the enemy still ranks as one of my favourite strats.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Thank you jp!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Me, Rev, and Macys are having varied levels of success playing with pubs on spacemans.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm sad that the video of us convincing the random pubbies to jump into the well in Seatown was taken down. I think IAmFrick was the one who had it.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Gordon Shumway posted:

I'm sad that the video of us convincing the random pubbies to jump into the well in Seatown was taken down. I think IAmFrick was the one who had it.

It's not taken down, it's just unlisted now.

Also I'm basically an SA CoD archivist now. If you have access to archives, it's interesting to go back and read through the old threads. Every now and again you come across gems you completely forgot about.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://youtu.be/1Kl-GF_N-ng

I miss when we actually played hard core together.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

For some reason the black ops 3 sign up sheet for pre release is in my google drive and it has some ghost/soap fan art as the preview.

I’ll have to share the link when I’m not on mobile

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

fit em all up in there posted:

For some reason the black ops 3 sign up sheet for pre release is in my google drive and it has some ghost/soap fan art as the preview.

I’ll have to share the link when I’m not on mobile

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wohXoNUwJ72qVMklnC5iXFXxjm6-lVt_xtYLqMRCg3I/edit?usp=sharing

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

JetpackJeezus posted:

Also I'm basically an SA CoD archivist now. If you have access to archives, it's interesting to go back and read through the old threads. Every now and again you come across gems you completely forgot about.

Thank you for this, been wanting to watch the Well God clip again for a while.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Very important news guys!

https://charlieintel.com/2018/08/28/mw2-xbox-one-bc/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Time for goons to buy an Xbox again. I guess.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

widespread posted:

Time for goons to buy an Xbox again. I guess.

I bought a Xbone in April, I haven't turned it on since April either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JetpackJeezus posted:

Do you have any of Spoon Man's riot shield videos?