Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

mem posted:

Grow up playing flight sims and inverted y-axis wont seem so strange. I play whatever the game defaults to by the way (usually not inverted).

What game lets you yaw as a character?

Octodad? M bison, sort of. Does SSX count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So basically everybody agrees that the left joycon is preferable to the right joycon, yes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey so whats up with Little Dragon Cafe?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ - comes out tomorrow iirc. Last promo vid in July had framerate issues and problems with objects popping in at pretty close distances outdoors.

bushisms.txt posted:

Does SSX count?

I would pay full price for a rerelease of SSX 3 complete with original music.

Do you hear me EA!?!
You considered it worth your time to make it backwards compatible on the Bone, what are you waiting for?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 24, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

No dpad? Wasted opportunity

4 separate buttons is better than a dpad.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

^ - comes out tomorrow iirc. Last promo vid in July had framerate issues and problems with objects popping in at pretty close distances outdoors.

Oh no thats terrible.

Is anyone planning on taking the plunge tomorrow? Seems a little pricey IMO.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MarcusSA posted:

Oh no thats terrible.

I'm gonna wait for Giant Bomb's quick look first, and a podcast or two after release.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ignite Memories posted:

So basically everybody agrees that the left joycon is preferable to the right joycon, yes

The right one is better because then whoever you gave the other controller won't accidentally hit the home button

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mister Facetious posted:

That's what the Pro controller is for.

Please tell me where you ordered the shells, as I'm going to give serious thought about attempting to make mine Atomic Purple™ too.

I got this one. They have a couple of different bundles, including ones with a legit d-pad. I also used this toolkit. It works for anything Nintendo. I do kinda wish I had gotten the real d-pad, but I like the buttons for multiplayer, and they work better for things like Puyo Puyo Tetris, which is my main game. They don't have bundles for watermelon red or for the clear ones for some reason. It ships with colored buttons, but I left the black ones in for the purple.

The plastic feels a little heftier and more rigid than the original, but it feels really good. The Nintendo plastic feels like it has a little more give to it and almost feels cheaper, but I think it would absorb shock a little better than this. I'd be afraid of the aftermarket plastic getting cracked, but it feels solid.

Heath fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 24, 2018

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

No dpad? Wasted opportunity
The dpad mod is semi garbage cause there’s no pivot. Even if it had one I’d say it still probably wouldn’t feel great, just cause how stiff it feels.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
If we're still talking inverted Y axis: a while ago my girlfriend wanted that hello Kitty racers game. Some races you're piloting airplanes, and even that has inverted Y axis, by default, and I don't recall if there was a way to turn it off.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Yep, the various $10 shells you can get really help if you're using them solo with any sort of frequency though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ciaphas posted:

i knew it, i'm still under anesthesia in the OR and i'll wake up later, aight

If I'm just a part of your semiconscious psyche could you please practice some goddamn self-care?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dr Cheeto posted:

If I'm just a part of your semiconscious psyche could you please practice some goddamn self-care?

nooooo sex drugs and rock n roll forever

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Okami really makes we want Windwaker HD in my Nintendo Switch.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Example of a good pre-order bonus:
Get the same game as everyone else, but $12 cheaper.

Example of a bag pre-order bonus
Pay full price, play the game 3 days early, plus get one of three exclusive characters available at each of these retailers so you can't get them all. And oh yeah, there is a ton of DLC already coming that is on the disc but we're holding back for another $25, plus the game will be 50% off in 3 weeks on Black Friday. Give us money please.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Hollow Knight DLC is fun and good

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What are the best weapons in Bayonetta 2?

I just unlocked the chainsaws and trying to wrap by head around how to combo with them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

japtor posted:

The dpad mod is semi garbage cause there’s no pivot. Even if it had one I’d say it still probably wouldn’t feel great, just cause how stiff it feels.

I have it, it feels identical to the decent xb1s controller

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

What are the best weapons in Bayonetta 2?

I just unlocked the chainsaws and trying to wrap by head around how to combo with them.

My favorite (and therefore best) weapons are the giant fuckoff hammer Takemikazuchi, followed by the tripled bladed scythe Chernobog.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

MarcusSA posted:

Oh no thats terrible.

I've got it coming from Gamefly, I'll probably post about it once it arrives and I spend some time with it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MonHun GenU is gonna be $60, huh?

I grabbed Gen for 3DS for $20 back in the day and it feels weird to double-dip.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just booted up Night Trap and it's a straight port. I was really hoping for touch controls.

e: Straight port of the PS4/XB1 version, I mean.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 24, 2018

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't understand why I can't play an actual Pokemon game on my Switch yet.

This is blasphemy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MoaM posted:

I don't understand why I can't play an actual Pokemon game on my Switch yet.

This is blasphemy.
I assume that the instant one was announced 3DS sales would plummet, and there are people who don't want that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I use inverted controls because it annoys people who care about stupid poo poo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey now that's taken care of we can argue about a different kind of controller

https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/1032834483601506312?s=19

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
But you can do motion controls with the pro controller.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Hey now that's taken care of we can argue about a different kind of controller

https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/1032834483601506312?s=19

I'd be mad about this, but I suppose one of my other friends could just bring their joycons over for 4 player or whatever.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Super Mario Party requires a functioning D-Pad

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I was surprised and pleased to find out that connecting my pro controller to my macbook was so seamless. Using it to play Batman arkham Asylum and Anerican Truck Simulator.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

But you can do motion controls with the pro controller.

It does but the kind of motion controls some of the games require would be awkward with it like that new raft mode. Still stupid to not give us a choice though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ChocNitty posted:

I was surprised and pleased to find out that connecting my pro controller to my macbook was so seamless. Using it to play Batman arkham Asylum and Anerican Truck Simulator.

Wait wait wait hold the gently caress up

A pro controller can be used as a gamepad on PCs?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yes, quite easily too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The controllers are bluetooth.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Ignite Memories posted:

I completely prefer the right one when playing Mario Kart with the wife. It makes more sense for the buttons to be on the far right, moreso than having the analog on the left.

But then I got a pro controller and she can't even fathom using two Joycons so she just sticks with the left one any way.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yes, it'll connect to phones too.

The only issue is on Windows a lot of newer games only support XInput controllers. Older games and stuff with actual controller support like Shovel Knight will just work, and Steam has built in support for it now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SettingSun posted:

My favorite (and therefore best) weapons are the giant fuckoff hammer Takemikazuchi, followed by the tripled bladed scythe Chernobog.

Chernobog is my favorite so far because it's slow enough for me to do deliberate combos. And I'm actually able to pull off offset combos.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is Mario Maker Switch out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Getting a Hollow Knight with just the gold coins is good.

• Locked thread