Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Crabtree posted:

You think the mechanic built Dante's bike too? Have they finally let humans in on devil arms and they're trying to manufacture their own weaponry to be on par with demons?

isn't Nico's dad supposed to be the guy who made Ebony and Ivory, or am I making that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

isn't Nico's dad supposed to be the guy who made Ebony and Ivory, or am I making that up

yep, they confirmed her grandpa or someone related to her did his weaponry.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:aaaaa: I just noticed in the boss fight, the stained glass window casts a real-time shadow on nero and the boss

Edit, also it loving owns that the buster-like arm gives that cinematic throw into the tower

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

grieving for Gandalf posted:

DLC Inc posted:

yep, they confirmed her grandpa or someone related to her did his weaponry.

Grandma, actually. And hey, since they've already referenced the non canon novels and the anime, I wouldn't put past them to sneak a reference to DmC.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://is3.4chan.org/v/1534956521665.webm

Spoilers

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

i love kh2!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Grandma, actually. And hey, since they've already referenced the non canon novels and the anime, I wouldn't put past them to sneak a reference to DmC.

He's gonna show up as some mook that Nero and Dante keep rescuing but he keeps talking about angst and how he doesn't care about being a hero, then tries to pick another fight with demons when no one's looking.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what was this

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It was seemingly a bit of the proluge some guy was streaming. Nothing big but some stuff to guess about.

https://webm.video/i/1MfpyW.webm

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RBX posted:

It was seemingly a bit of the proluge some guy was streaming. Nothing big but some stuff to guess about.

https://webm.video/i/1MfpyW.webm

Lady at 0:11?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yup.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1032372379165446144

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
frustration's gettING BIGGER

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1032449583282933760

It's only gonna keep happening as more games journalist types get their hands on the game, and it's gonna be great and terrible :allears:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's only gonna keep happening as more games journalist types get their hands on the game, and it's gonna be great and terrible :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/5mWvNEo.gifv

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i turned the music all the way up in the settings but there's still no music is this a bug

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hahaha, no way. :allears:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

i'm shocked they dont force journalists to play on easy mode with a 2000% damage boost and no death

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1032449583282933760

They know, they still want to fight this battle after even Capcom's bowed down, given in and made Devil May Cry 5.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my favorite part of the gameplay videos was Nero yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Is it weird that I hate they're spelling it DmC5 instead of DMCV, feels like they don't get that this follows the true series and not "DmC"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The dude played a demo version of the game for 30 minutes. All this amused howling about his lack of skill is jumping the gun.

Wait until Polygon puts up a stream from a complete preview build where they convinced Got-No-Thumbs Jake to play it live.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they're trying to get a reaction out of people

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i cant believe i got played into thinking these people are morons

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Look at my C rank style hur huurrr

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIFj6HVA1c

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I watched some more gamescom gameplays, plus that one from some Japanese channel and I wonder what the Devil Buster arm has as its charged attack, as even a grab and throw of Goliath doesn't break it. I also wonder what will the whip arm have cause baby I love me some whip gameplay.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Took me upwards of six deaths to S-rank Mission 13 in DMC4SE as Dante tonight. Had to turn off Turbo Mode, and took embarrassingly long to remember the pro-strat for shredding Blitzes using Royal Guard.

For the sake of these old bones...please minimize Dante's styles while keeping them just as effective.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

We are excited to inform you that Dante now has 8 styles instead of 5

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Swordsmaster
Gunslinger
Royal Guard
Trickster
Trickster 2.0
Hyper Swordsmaster
Riverdance
Capoeira

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Nevan is back with its own style, Axeshredder

you plug in your rocksmith adapter and,

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Dante now puts on a demon eyepatch and starts to break dance people to death.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
March is too far away

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dante looked completely batshit crazy in terms of gameplay but his facial model also looked less creepy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poniard posted:

Nevan is back with its own style, Axeshredder

you plug in your rocksmith adapter and,

WOULD

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Nevan returns as a double neck that allows you to play your own custom track if you're good enough to get into SSS, before that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn makes a duet with Ali Edwards.

She's unlocked when Nero gets his devil arm that looks like a mike stand, he starts to go free style where Dante joins in until Nico pulls up to them and the back of the DMC truck turns into a techno drum set and she goes nuts on it like she's playing Moby Dick. The jam session ends when even SOME MYSTERIOUS BLUE rear end in a top hat shows up to play bass.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 24, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I know this is resetera but this is a loving AMAZING analysis of almost everything in Nero's arsenal along with improvements to movements and animation. It looks loving incredible:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dmc5-nero-combat-breakdown-analysis-lots-of-gifs-warning.64268/

Some highlights:

--Nero has a new Dive Bomb air attack
--no longer need to charge the gun by holding the button forever; charge it and then you can use the souped up bullets whenever.
--gun in general is slower but more powerful, "meatier"
--dodging now has more precedence towards weaving around chosen targets. air dodges and air hikes now keep you facing targets
--dodging in general can be chained quicker and fluidly, different animations for if you dodge midway through combos i.e. jocky steps instead of rolls to better flow with combat
--you cannot switch to a new Devil Breaker without breaking the first one.
--Devilbreakers break mainly through using a "super" with them or a selfdestruct though can also break if enemies hit you hard enough in the middle of a Breaker move
--you can rev up the sword while running
--sword EX gauge functions a bit differently i.e.a normal attack will not consume all remaining EX charges
--new air taunt is a little floating swordsurf and you can rev the sword while in this taunt
--other taunts do poo poo like reload your gun or put your hood up for the duration of the fight
--camera controls are completely freeform now, no fixed angles
--ranking system for style appears to function more on the combat, less on "exploration"

Honestly there is just a shitload of information here and I'd get into the Breaker stuff but maybe it's better suited for OP to put in the first post, lord knows there's enough to construct multiple pages of info here

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
All of the changes from DMC4 sound awesome like the normals not consuming exceed