Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Doughboys Did Nothing Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

One of Spencer's Reddit Posts from a week ago posted:

No, it’s a facet of capitalist oppression that convinces us that talking about compensation is goasche. People who employ people don’t like employees talking about compensation because it lets them underpay hard workers and overpay executives without anyone being aware of the deception or manipulation or inequity. I feel like if we had little pop ups above our heads displaying our income/compensation it would probably destroy a lot of the workplace inequalities we see everywhere almost instantly. Personally I think it’s a little goasche to continue to act like your super hit podcast is something everyone hates and no one listens to when you are making 100000$ in annual revenue and then hide that revenue to continue to make those claims.

The addendum to that post after the drama today posted:

Edit: hey there. Spencer here. From later on though. I had the thought that this post had been made vague or unclear by a lack of foresight on my point. My attempt here was not to attack the doughboys or anyone. It was to justify my belief that it wasn’t actually gauche to share what your earnings are. That’s an incredibly small point to make and maybe even silly and so I think it was interpreted overbroad. What I truly meant to express was this.

Everyone has a right to conduct their business how they want. I think the shame-based urge the doughboys have expressed to hide the amount they earn is a completely acceptable and reasonable thing to do. At the same time I believe this urge is a result of capitalist exploitation of labor creating a hegemonic system that convinces people it is bad to talk about money. Ultimately I think the reason it’s bad to talk about money stems from this exploitation. But that concept writ large does not mean that I think that they need to act differently to make me happy. I was not trying to say that. I was trying to say that I think it stems from this larger system that maybe should be seen for what it is... and then maybe ultimately rejected by all to the extent we see fit or can topple it? Not that they have to show me the money. I promise that was not the intent.

Earlier, I had posted it seemed a bit corporationy. I think that was a bit too gossipy given my relationship to the doughboys as a guest on their show that they’ve shown utmost respect. But I was just expressing that to me it just seemed a little strange. Not even in a bad way necessarily. Just strange to me given what they knew. Mitch and nick both said they felt like it was too braggy which I hadn’t adequately considered, because I was approaching it from this larger picture angle and not considering their feelings which I think was lovely
^The most relevant stuff if you don't want to search through paragraphs of people arguing over unrelated stuff.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I've read everything and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why any of this matters at all or why anyone should be upset

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
that too

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Doughboys make dat monayyyyyyyyyy. :homebrew:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
talking about compensation is goatse.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

See, I don't discuss how much money I make with the world in general because it's nobody's loving business. Like I don't discuss any relationship problems, or health concerns, or parenting issues, or anything else in my personal life I don't feel like sharing. Jesus. Maybe Mitch & Nick don't discuss it because they think it's "gauche", but really who cares.

I like Spencer well enough, but it's no wonder he and Dan gravitated to one another.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

talking about compensation is goatse.

talking about money is ghosts, which we shouldn't talk about cause they're too scary

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012
The only good bit of that reddit thread is that Spencer posted how much he himself gets paid, but soon deleted it. Goes to show, in this country capitalist oppression is so immense that even a facet of it can convince Spencer to delete his salary details in a corporation-y way.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

how much was it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

not about spencer, but on hollywood handbook mitch seemed to genuinely deny that their patreon was making 35k a month

so my guess is in the 25-30k a month range for counting french fries

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mitch “gets the rumblies” like every episode.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

how much was it

i know but i'm not going to say, out of respect for the professional dungeon master to the stars

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
despite how embarrassing his job title is i think he should get paid more though

cams
Mar 28, 2003

little munchkin posted:

despite how embarrassing his job title is i think he should get paid more though
give me a range plz

like, gonna assume he makes over minimum wage for a full time job in california, so over 22880

but definitely less than 50 thousand a year, right?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

cams posted:

give me a range plz

like, gonna assume he makes over minimum wage for a full time job in california, so over 22880

but definitely less than 50 thousand a year, right?

I didn't see it but someone said it was humiliatingly low

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

If yusong aint making 100k a year im guillotining the dougboys and they would be okay with it

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

ok new doughboys topic- how weird is shampoodler, the guy who submits a ton of the drops? I've seen this guy in other podcast communities and he seems like a weird obsessive fan

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wish I was as productive and creative in my fandom as Shampoodler.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cheen posted:

ok new doughboys topic- how weird is shampoodler, the guy who submits a ton of the drops? I've seen this guy in other podcast communities and he seems like a weird obsessive fan

gently caress this guy, shampoodler rules

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Cheen posted:

I agree that shampoodler seems weird and has too much free time

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
if shampoodler is the guy who made the game of thrones wiger sucks his own dick drop then he is good, if he didn't then he is bad

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

He regularly submits Comedy bang bang catchphrases!!!! ITS DISGUSTING

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He's also one of the like three people that submits videos to Improv4Humans

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Cheen posted:

He regularly submits Comedy bang bang catchphrases!!!! ITS DISGUSTING

The saddest possible existence

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
You know what's cooler than submitting a ton of drops to a podcast? Making fun of the guy who submits a ton of drops.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Cloks posted:

You know what's cooler than submitting a ton of drops to a podcast? Making fun of the guy who submits a ton of drops.

Yeah!!! *high fives all around*

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That guy who sends funny audio to podcasts is such a weirdo. He's not like me, cool man, who posts about podcasts on a message board that stopped existing in 2010.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
The drops are cool, the comedy bang bang catchphrases are awful without exception

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

you can't own me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Magissima posted:

comedy bang bang catchphrases are awful without exception

(although this week's made me laugh, in its crudeness)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's hosed up, how Wiger eats the shrimp tails.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

It's hosed up, how Wiger eats the shrimp tails.

Eating the shrimp tails and shells is super common in Japan. I don't get it. The taste of the shell overpowers the delicate taste of the meat and ruins it. Speaking of Japan, it would be really cool to take Mitch and Wiger to my favorite Japanese fast food chains and I think they'd have a fun time with it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

Eating the shrimp tails and shells is super common in Japan. I don't get it. The taste of the shell overpowers the delicate taste of the meat and ruins it. Speaking of Japan, it would be really cool to take Mitch and Wiger to my favorite Japanese fast food chains and I think they'd have a fun time with it.

I'd like to see them do Pittsburgh staple Primanti Bros but they hate leaving Southern California so it'll probably never happen

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Finally listened to the Ice Cream Finals ep. What a rollercoaster.

[Wiger suggests it would be smart to put a roll of paper towels on the table given how often they consume messy items, leading to a minute long legit Mitch freak-out]
"Wow, what is Mitch's problem? Wiger made a thoughtful suggestion and this is how he responds?"

[Wiger speaks at length about how he does not like the Ben & Jerry's Caramel Core pint and how it's "impossible" to get a perfect bite]
"I hope Mitch puts this fuckin nerd through the table. This is poo poo. Wiger is a bitch and always has been. The Burger Brigade is wack."

[Mitch complains about Wiger having "loaded" the scoring for Hagen-Daaz and complains until the results are overturned]
"This is ridiculous! Wiger voted first, Mitch, if you wanted B&J's to win you could have taken that into account when assigning your numbers."

[Wiger votes for Baskin-Robbins]
"Mitch did nothing wrong."

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Green tea should have won.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/MrRadioCat/status/1033756502186582018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Salted Caramel Core is a top tier flavor, Wiger was out to lunch on that one.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

Finally listened to the Ice Cream Finals ep. What a rollercoaster.

[Wiger suggests it would be smart to put a roll of paper towels on the table given how often they consume messy items, leading to a minute long legit Mitch freak-out]
"Wow, what is Mitch's problem? Wiger made a thoughtful suggestion and this is how he responds?"

[Wiger speaks at length about how he does not like the Ben & Jerry's Caramel Core pint and how it's "impossible" to get a perfect bite]
"I hope Mitch puts this fuckin nerd through the table. This is poo poo. Wiger is a bitch and always has been. The Burger Brigade is wack."

[Mitch complains about Wiger having "loaded" the scoring for Hagen-Daaz and complains until the results are overturned]
"This is ridiculous! Wiger voted first, Mitch, if you wanted B&J's to win you could have taken that into account when assigning your numbers."

[Wiger votes for Baskin-Robbins]
"Mitch did nothing wrong."

Wiger is always right, and Mitch is always wrong, plus he's an insecure baby. Burger Brigade 100%

(I do enjoy Salted Caramel Core, although I must say the last time I got one the entire "core" was sitting at the top of the pint so the first third was amazing and then the rest of it kinda sucked)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am generally on Wiger's side but Mitch was absolutely right to rig that in favor of Ben & Jerry's

The PF Chang's episode was good; I feel like the show has been on a roll the past few weeks. They needed a dumb tournament with an insane arbitrary rating system to really remind them what Doughboys is all about