Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

americans using british slang is the only cultural appropriation that society should not tolerate

We're gonna have a bit of a barney if I can't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, I can't believe you've done this.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

americans using british slang is the only cultural appropriation that society should not tolerate

Agreed fully.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Scrotland

Proud scrottish people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this makes me want to watch Parks & Rec less

https://twitter.com/AnnaESanders/status/1032627628958724097

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the best laid memes o’ mice an’ men gang aft a-gley

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i mean, there's straight up an intro scene during the council campaign season where she won't let any of her campaign stuff happen in city hall which annoys aubrey plaza because they have to go outside of the building just for her to ask about a basic decision

like, there's alot to complain about the show's centrist dem politics but this is a weird angle to take

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they had cutesy john mccain and newt gingrich cameos and she's complaining about some cinemasins level gotcha

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

they had cutesy john mccain and newt gingrich cameos and she's complaining about some cinemasins level gotcha

yea and cory booker and orrin hatch forming their own band together in the spirit of bipartisanship

there's way easier things to mock the show for if you want to come at it from the left

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brother Entropy posted:

What? God, I'm glad I stopped watching after couple of seasons

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leslie's huge crush on Joe Biden plays a lot worse in retrospect

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

What? God, I'm glad I stopped watching after couple of seasons

it's a very pre-2016 show, i still have some fondness for it because it's hilarious and heartwarming but the dumb politics of it are a lot harder to look past now

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that stupid leslie knope op-ed one of the writers made right after trump was elected made me so happy the show was already canceled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

WampaLord posted:

yea and cory booker and orrin hatch forming their own band together in the spirit of bipartisanship

there's way easier things to mock the show for if you want to come at it from the left

don't forget that she got to meet her hero, sally albright

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's really funny because i've seen a few headlines to the effect of "I just wish they kept making Parks and Rec forever" and I can't think of a worse show for 2018. Ron Swanson taking down Trump was bad enough.

you'd have someone proposing free healthcare ponies and Leslie proves that it will never ever happen.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Andy goes CHUD and April becomes one of those altright thirst youtubers.
Jim gets cucked.
Tom becomes a DSA guy until he gets meTooed.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Who the gently caress is Jim?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Uh Jerry, played by Jim O’Heir

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Uh Jerry, played by Jim O’Heir

Ah, okay. I always thought the line they rode with him was great, where he had this amazing home life and wasn't a klutz at home and all that.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

This is spot on.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

WampaLord posted:

This is spot on.

I mean that's basically where aziz ansari's career went

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

remember the time they had fred armisen on to do his generic racist caricature, but as a venezuelan guy instead of gaddafi?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the best part of the show and it's not even in the episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7bVZYy_ds

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

R. Guyovich posted:

remember the time they had fred armisen on to do his generic racist caricature, but as a venezuelan guy instead of gaddafi?

goddamn fred armisen sucks, i hate being reminded of his existence

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thanks for killing any desire i had to see that show

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Brother Entropy posted:

that stupid leslie knope op-ed one of the writers made right after trump was elected made me so happy the show was already canceled

For some reason I thought it was Amy Poehler who wrote it as Leslie. I liked it at the time, but it seems pretty dumb when I look back on it now.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

parks and rec is really likeable, it just so happens to be a perfect oblivious dem time capsule of the obama years as well

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fuligin posted:

parks and rec is really likeable, it just so happens to be a perfect oblivious dem time capsule of the obama years as well

Like watching a litter of puppies with cancer?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It was a simpler time back then. You could simply bury your head and ignore the lovely skidmark of racism, sexism, stupidity, and hate that still stains America. As opposed to today, where Trump dropped trou, scooted around bare-assed, and left said skidmark on the loving flag itself.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bogus Adventure posted:

It was a simpler time back then. You could simply bury your head and ignore the lovely skidmark of racism, sexism, stupidity, and hate that still stains America. As opposed to today, where Trump dropped trou, scooted around bare-assed, and left said skidmark on the loving flag itself.

if you were a straight white cis dude sure i suppose ignoring those things was possible

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fact: all atheist characters are objectively wrong, they have a creator that guides their every action

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Andy goes CHUD and April becomes one of those altright thirst youtubers.
Jim gets cucked.

Jerry getting cucked is the only part that doesn't work

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

crazy cloud posted:

if you were a straight white cis dude sure i suppose ignoring those things was possible

Nice erasure of all the women, POCs, and queer people who were able to insulate themselves in a liberal bubble, but that's the patriarchy at work I guess.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

Nice erasure of all the women, POCs, and queer people who were able to insulate themselves in a liberal bubble, but that's the patriarchy at work I guess.

It's not something you can just insulate yourself away from and it's still a form of privilege to think that it is

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Terror Sweat posted:

Fact: all atheist characters are objectively wrong, they have a creator that guides their every action

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jerry getting cucked is the only part that doesn't work

Yeah, that dude has an ENORMOUS penis.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

crazy cloud posted:

It's not something you can just insulate yourself away from and it's still a form of privilege to think that it is

Money is also a form of privilege.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
An easy way to tell if someone understands what privilege actually is; is to ask if a homeless white guy has more privilege than Ben Carson.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No war but class war.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm privileged to never have watched a single episode of Parks and Recs or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pharohman777 posted:

An easy way to tell if someone understands what privilege actually is; is to ask if a homeless white guy has more privilege than Ben Carson.

the trump supporter has logged on to tell us that racism doesn't real