Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've been looking for a new accountant, and I feel like this person is trustworthy.

They'll never hide your money (except offshore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Give it a Whirl Fuckers was a deep callback. Honestly surprised Buzzfeed let them do that video.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As long as there's no second Unfunny Irish Leather Jesus on Youtube.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

'Potato families' is what gets me

"Potato Families" was the working title for A Modest Proposal.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh god potato shakes

My boyfriend's Cuban parents, when talking about island cuisine, discussed something known as 'potato mayonnaise' which I speculate is emulsified potato. Goes great on lard bread.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Potato Families" was the working title for A Modest Proposal.
Hi can I get one very large potato please with at least two sides of more potato? And to drink obviously I’d love yet another potato thanks.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_ueohYRhU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

JoelJoel posted:

They come for the reading, they stay for the 3rd nipple.

The third nipple is the one that dispenses the psychic powers.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sucks they only sell it 1week of every month

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

someone switch out the atari with an xbox that says "i have the wrong kind of memory" :xd:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/aric/status/1033011748046073858

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

No joke, I would be like the Barney Gumble of that restaurant if it still existed, was in my area.

I would never poo poo again, but eh. Worth it.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Solid joke, but it might be a little on the nose.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Ommin posted:

Solid joke, but it might be a little on the nose.

You're right, it might be a little too pointed

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Starz has my favorite action movie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"Come in by yourself and we'll talk about me!", "Free handshake for seniors and veterans" and "Live drumming Sunday nights" is what tips it over the edge. Everything else is just about plausible.

mad magazine used to have some hilariously strange but realistic ads on the back cover in the 1960s/70s. might be one of those?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

In one form he’s a convict in a hi-vis jumpsuit and he turns into a high school art teacher’s orange ‘89 Saab! Best birthday ever!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

That's the name of the scientist, the character is just Franstrormer's Autobot :goonsay:

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Aug 25, 2018

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

I kinda like everything about this.

Next Exit: In Arrears - now open and under new management

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nude Readings Tax Psychic And Advice?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Lone Badger posted:

wow amazing, youre almost the first to wonder about the text on that sign

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also btw: Crust Gumpaste helps gums take the place of teeth by coating them with a hard white enamel finish! Just the thing for punks who get their teeth knocked out from running around with teen-age gangs. (1958)

its true tho

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Close. Nude Tax Readings Psychic Advice And.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The nude psychic readings and tax advice freaks me out. If I'm gonna receive bad news I want some clothes on.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

computer angel posted:

My boyfriend's Cuban parents, when talking about island cuisine, discussed something known as 'potato mayonnaise' which I speculate is emulsified potato. Goes great on lard bread.

You taking about causa? That poo poo is delicious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Dictionarycom/status/1033016259397525504

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i've always appreciated your posts in this thread, but this is the best.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

A dictionary website owning people will never get old.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
So a surprising number of women have been harassed while running? I'm not seeing how they're wrong.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

It's not surprising.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ak Gara posted:

So a surprising number of women have been harassed while running? I'm not seeing how they're wrong.

The women? Or the harassers?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Maybe the number is 0 and that's why it's startling? I don't know, couldn't bother reading the article.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Hyperlynx posted:

I have to ask. What in this image do you think causes cancer?

Lava isn't Kingsford charcoal. I can only imagine what carcinogenic junk could be cooking out of molten rock.

Lobok posted:

The nude psychic readings and tax advice freaks me out. If I'm gonna receive bad news I want some clothes on.

Why should this disappointment be any different than your others?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

it is not surprising, it has been going on for ages. that is why the dictionary is mocking the news website for the clueless headline.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Krankenstyle posted:

someone switch out the atari with an xbox that says "i have the wrong kind of memory" :xd:

There's not enough room in the picture.

For XBOXEN are very large, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Clitch posted:

Lava isn't Kingsford charcoal. I can only imagine what carcinogenic junk could be cooking out of molten rock.
To be honest, I thought it was molten metal, not lava, and I thought that you thought it was some kind of radioactive goop.

But, it turns out it is indeed lava, from the Syracuse University Lava Project. And I found the original video, https://vimeo.com/104105171.

Funnily enough, in the comments:

The guy who posted the video posted:

Some guy posted:

I am sure the meat had turned carcinogenic due to the lava fumes. Interesting experiment though.
Not carcinogenic; no such thing as "lava fumes." The toxic gases associated with some lava occurs when the magma has specific material/gas trapped in it and is released when the magma comes to the surface becoming lava. I use billion old basalt; inert in every way imaginable. The lava I make is hot but innocuous in every other way. Thanks for your interest in our project. Please be in touch should you have further interest.
best
robert

So there you go! We were both wrong.

e: oh holy gently caress, they actually cook a piece directly on the lava, at the end of the video.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Aug 25, 2018