Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wormhusk wont be a better option than the gloves that give you dual skips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

BlindSite posted:

Wormhusk wont be a better option than the gloves that give you dual skips.

Shinobu's Vow was pretty broken by the end of D1, it's hilarious that poo poo has endured.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thread is dead, but still not as dead as trials/competitive lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

PathAsc posted:

Thread is dead, but still not as dead as trials/competitive lol

Some clan mates wanted to try and get max 5500 rank and the said they could wait up to 30 minutes for a games.

The lower glory ranks aren't as brutal but yeah gently caress that.

I think putting trials away for a season and bringing it back reworked will create some good hype for it and be a cornerstone of season 5. We will have enough to do anyways. Smart move imo

Thank gently caress that radar is coming back. Taking it away was just about the single most stupid thing bungie has ever done.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Thank gently caress that radar is coming back. Taking it away was just about the single most stupid thing bungie has ever done.

I think Bungie's done stupider, just because no radar in Trials only affected a small subset of Destiny players. Switching loadouts from Primary/Special/Heavy to Primary/Other Primary/Heavy was worse. Forced 4v4 on everything was also worse.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Taking it away was just about the single most stupid thing bungie has ever done.

I refused to play Comp/Trials with it gone and would continue to not play either until it came back if ever. Nice to see they 180'd it.

I got conned into one game of Trials with it gone and immediately regretted it 15 seconds into the match.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No radar is a very smart decision in a game with a low ttk, a narrow FOV, and weapon models designed to block your vision.

You just aren't on Bungie's level.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

xzzy posted:

No radar is a very smart decision in a game with a low ttk, a narrow FOV, and weapon models designed to block your vision.

You just aren't on Bungie's level.

D2 has a relatively high TTK compared to most other shooters...which is maybe what you meant to say anyways?

High TTK = it takes longer to kill enemies
Low TTK = It takes less time to kill enemies

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, I know what TTK means.

To be precise, Destiny is in the middle, somewhere between the one shot kill crowd and the bullet sponge crowd. I believe it sits on the shorter side of the median, and is why getting blindsided is so deadly. You're gonna be dead before you can react. Which is why no radar is stupid.

(ridiculous auto aim makes it easier to kill in Destiny as well)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

4s in a game built around 3s and 6s sucks

This slightly annoys me about gambit as well

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I played Titan to shoulder charge, its just like a sweet disc+mine combo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Week and a half to go?

Premium Collector's Edition comes with a behind the scenes look at Bone Krew Vegas

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just remembered that the Farm existed. Weird how there literally nothing there anymore while half the lore stuff says its thriving.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I just remembered that the Farm existed. Weird how there literally nothing there anymore while half the lore stuff says its thriving.

Tyra Karn silently sheds a single tear

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I loaded into the farm the other day to pick up a drang from Tyra and it was a full instance of level 30 dudes. Its weird

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RBA Starblade posted:

does it?

most of the lore that concerns the farm comes from Adventures which all take place before Ghaul becomes a cum ghost

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I go to the Farm sometimes because I get annoyed with the Tower music. I like the music everywhere else in the game but in the Tower I'd like to sort my inventory without BAH DAH DA DAH DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in my ears

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

does it?

most of the lore that concerns the farm comes from Adventures which all take place before Ghaul becomes a cum ghost

A bunch of the Earth legendary stuff seems to note it expanding or becoming a new town and you can't get that until after Ghaul Becomes Legend (tm). Various bits reference it onward as well.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RBA Starblade posted:

A bunch of the Earth legendary stuff seems to note it expanding or becoming a new town and you can't get that until after Ghaul Becomes Legend (tm). Various bits reference it onward as well.

not trying to be a dick but can you cite a specific source? i’m curious and there is nothing on ishtar collective to support this point

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

I go to the Farm sometimes because I get annoyed with the Tower music. I like the music everywhere else in the game but in the Tower I'd like to sort my inventory without BAH DAH DA DAH DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in my ears

EXOS ARE WELL ENCRYPTED, EVEN TO THEMSELVES.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Roman posted:

I don't care for the orchestral swells. Destiny is all about cool atmospheric dark techno like in the whisper mission and the Alak-Hul bossfight from Taken King.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I do think I want to try and get literally just one trials win for the trophy before it fucks off

fingers crossed!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Astrochicken posted:

I don't care for the orchestral swells. Destiny is all about cool atmospheric dark techno like in the whisper mission and the Alak-Hul bossfight from Taken King.

Despite taeko 3, the music for song of savathun is probably my favorite.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh boy, the only Kinetic that matters is the Nupus Egad

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

loving lmao. Wait for it

https://youtu.be/JV1xcLe1J20

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the guy looks like he's actually about to cry

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

lmbo bungie built a trolling mechanism into catalysts

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Saw it coming but still enjoyed it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've said it before, but I love how you have to apply catalysts twice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

not trying to be a dick but can you cite a specific source? i’m curious and there is nothing on ishtar collective to support this point

https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/2414612776-new-city for one, but I guess I was conflating it with a few other things. I was pretty sure the idea was humanity was moving outside the City, which you wouldn't know, because you never move outside the City again.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 25, 2018

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Aww :(

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I reinstalled today and already uninstalled

it's loving stupid that the boon poo poo affects bounties

also everyone is still retarded in strikes and wont use masterworks/their supers

this game is bad and the developer apathy shouldn't be rewarded

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

moist turtleneck posted:

I reinstalled today and already uninstalled

it's loving stupid that the boon poo poo affects bounties

also everyone is still retarded in strikes and wont use masterworks/their supers

this game is bad and the developer apathy shouldn't be rewarded

Hello, I'd like to read your white paper on this game

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
its bad

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Your post is showing up yellow though, so I can't accept it for our publication

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
what was the name of that titan? armor thing in the forsaken gamescom stream that made you reflect projectiles that hit you while sliding

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

kecske posted:

what was the name of that titan? armor thing in the forsaken gamescom stream that made you reflect projectiles that hit you while sliding

antaeus wards

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
hell yeah gonna shotgun myself to death on so many sliding dudes

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Are you supposed to do something with the gift of the lighthouse after applying the telesto catalyst?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

Are you supposed to do something with the gift of the lighthouse after applying the telesto catalyst?

Pray to it