Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It looks nice but I am also in the wait and see boat. Most of the more negative reviews point towards it being pretty cool but with significant performance issues, so I'll wait for more info to come out to decide if the gameplay looks like it overrides that.

That's how I felt too, but was going to buy something around this time anyway and am looking for a relaxing farm-ish game that isn't stardew valley (not because it's bad but because it's the only one really around that's not terrible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Frankston posted:

I got some bluetooth earphones, is there still no way to connect them to a Switch?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/genki-bluetooth-audio-for-the-nintendo-switch--3#/

It seems like Nintendo chose to make sure all the controllers for 4 player games could connect easily (and even then 2x joycons means stuff sometimes drops with 8 BT connectons) and not pay for codecs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

minusX posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/genki-bluetooth-audio-for-the-nintendo-switch--3#/

It seems like Nintendo chose to make sure all the controllers for 4 player games could connect easily (and even then 2x joycons means stuff sometimes drops with 8 BT connectons) and not pay for codecs.

Good lord that thing is huge

also who plays local 4 player games with bluetooth headphones on?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Andrast posted:

It’s just an excuse

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

Andrast posted:

Is has two buttons for easily pairing two sets of headphones, and USB-C pass through.

Andrast posted:

Bluetooth audio support could also mean speakers etc. It's likely more on the cost side vOv

minusX fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 24, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Frankston posted:

I got some bluetooth earphones, is there still no way to connect them to a Switch?

If it uses a USB dongle, "maybe":

Nintendo Switch now works with these 20+ wireless USB headsets

quote:

When the Nintendo Switch arrived a year ago, you couldn't connect a wireless headset at all. Your only private listening option was a pair of wired headphones, plugged directly into the 3.5mm headphone jack on top of the handheld console.

But Nintendo has quietly added support for a whole bunch of wireless USB headphones, too, meaning you can now play Switch on your big-screen TV as loud as you like without waking up the neighbors. Just plug your USB dongle into the Switch dock.

Which wireless headsets work with Nintendo Switch, though? We teamed up with our friends at GameSpot to test more than 30 pairs, and we'll update this guide if Nintendo adds more support (or as new headsets come out).

Just know that the Switch still doesn't support voice chat through a headset. It's one of the many features we hope Nintendo adds.

Works with Nintendo Switch as of update V5.0.0

Astro A50 Gen 3 (but only by plugging 3.5mm into base station)
Logitech G533
Logitech G933
LucidSound LS30 (if you trick the dongle by plugging in a 3.5mm cable first)
LucidSound LS40 (if you trick the dongle by plugging in a 3.5mm cable first)
Plantronics Rig 800HS
Plantronics Rig 800LX
Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless (aka Wireless Stereo Headset)
Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless (2018)
Sony PlayStation Platinum Wireless
Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Rage Wireless
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless (when set to PS4 mode)
SteelSeries Arctis 7 (but only by plugging 3.5mm into dongle)
SteelSeries Siberia 800
SteelSeries Siberia 840 (discontinued)
Turtle Beach Stealth 450
Turtle Beach Stealth 520
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for PS4
Turtle Beach Stealth 700 for PS4
Turtle Beach Elite 800

Does not work

Astro A20
Astro A50 Gen 3 over USB
Asus Strix Wireless
Corsair Void Wireless
Corsair Void Pro Wireless
HyperX Cloud Flight
Razer Man O' War Wireless
Razer Thresher Ultimate Xbox
Razer Thresher Ultimate PS4
Razer Thresher 7.1 for PS4
Turtle Beach Stealth 420X+
Anything that requires an Xbox One wireless adapter (Razer Thresher Xbox direct connect, Turtle Beach 600 and Turtle Beach 700 for Xbox)

Have not tested

Astro A50 Gen 2
Astro A50 Gen 1
Corsair Gaming H2100 (does not work, according to SeraphisQ on Reddit)
Logitech G930
Plantronics Rig 800HD (does work, according to Hylje5000 on Reddit)
Skullcandy Plyr1 and Plyr2
SteelSeries H Wireless
Turtle Beach Stealth 400
Turtle Beach Stealth 420X (does not work, according to Pantoner at Reddit)
Turtle Beach Stealth 500P (does work, according to 3600CCH6WRX at Reddit)
Earlier headsets like Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4, Razer Chimaera, etc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ziddar posted:

Not really? Let's Go is pretty much a remake of Pokemon Yellow with some neat new features and heavy Pokemon Go integration. It's also very limited in scope compared to even Gold/Silver: no actual battles with wild pokemon, no held items, simplified stats, original 151 pokemon only, etc. I've been playing these games for 20 years and I think Let's Go looks pretty neat. Might even pick it up to play with my 6 year-old niece. But Nintendo clarifying that it isn't the "mainline RPG" that was announced at E3 last year is just a no-brainer without invoking people afraid of change.

I'm glad they are making the stats more accessible in this series. I wish I could move all of my Pokemon through the bank onto the Let's Go games but I guess they are planning on keeping Go Pokemon and Normal Pokemon separate. (which makes sense due to the stat differences.)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s just an excuse

Bluetooth headphones would ruin the experience of, uh...

...I mean, do you really need bluetooth headphones to...

...poo poo, I lost my index cards with my excuses for Nintendo's dumb decisions, can anyone help me out here?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

...poo poo, I lost my index cards with my excuses for Nintendo's dumb decisions, can anyone help me out here?

WOULD YOU WANT THE SWITCH TO COST $302 INSTEAD OF $300? DIDN'T THINK SO!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

"sorry, it's real hard. or something." --the ps4

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manky posted:

"sorry, it's real hard. or something." --the ps4

At least they tried.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

At least they tried.

"It's better to never try than to try and fail."

~ A wise man, probably.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

"It's better to never try than to try and fail."

~ A wise man, probably.

It was Homer Simpson and Bart.
The episode where Bart goes to a Spinal Tap concert, gets a guitar, and Otto gets fired.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

It was Homer Simpson and Bart.
The episode where Bart goes to a Spinal Tap concert, gets a guitar, and Otto gets fired.

All the more reason Homer Simpson should be in Smash.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mega64 posted:

"We can make it work with these specific headphones but the lovely ones you're gonna use are gonna have audio lag and you're gonna blame us for your kmart headphones not supporting the bluetooth version that is needed to not give you a headache when audio doesn't match the action."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a valid point. Bluetooth is so completely hosed that I'm surprised it ever works. My bluetooth speaker used to control the volume on my phone. Now all of a sudden it and the phone have their own separate volumes. For no reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

"We can make it work with these specific headphones but the lovely ones you're gonna use are gonna have audio lag and you're gonna blame us for your kmart headphones not supporting the bluetooth version that is needed to not give you a headache when audio doesn't match the action."

Lol yeah that sounds like a lovely way for fanboys to defend it. Nintendo wouldn’t say that as it’s to aggressive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The obvious solution is for Nintendo to sell proprietary wireless headphones they have full QC on. People would complain but they'd have an option, and more money for Nintendo.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How much of it is "cafe"

It sounds like learning and cooking recipes are essentially the main currency so, most of it.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's a valid point. Bluetooth is so completely hosed that I'm surprised it ever works. My bluetooth speaker used to control the volume on my phone. Now all of a sudden it and the phone have their own separate volumes. For no reason.
Are you running Android 9? This is a uh...feature.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

minusX posted:

Are you running Android 9? This is a uh...feature.

I have a poor person phone. I'm still back on 7 :(

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I have a poor person phone. I'm still back on 7 :(
Then it all goes back to BT is fuckin' weird and sometimes just stops.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol yeah that sounds like a lovely way for fanboys to defend it. Nintendo wouldn’t say that as it’s to aggressive.

Well they wouldn't say those words obvs, but "we can't guarantee a good experience" is a drat good reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

Well they wouldn't say those words obvs, but "we can't guarantee a good experience" is a drat good reason.

Not really. You can’t guarantee a good experience for anything. That’s just an excuse and a rather lame one at that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not really. You can’t guarantee a good experience for anything. That’s just an excuse and a rather lame one at that.
Here's the thing... I don't care.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Bluetooth audio is still not quite there yet (in the sense that there are quite a few totally good devices but also millions of lovely ones everywhere) so I understand why both the Switch and the PlayStation 4 don’t support it. As others have said, would be a whole new world of tech-support for them that they don’t deserve.

I assume the next round of game devices will have it though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

Here's the thing... I don't care.

I read your argument, so that was rather clear to me.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh I get it

You're a dumbass

My fault for trying to give a reasonable explanation for a product decision

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

Oh I get it

You're a dumbass

My fault for trying to give a reasonable explanation for a product decision

It’s okay you can just admit you don’t know what your talking about, no need to get hostile.

Or admit you got suckered by meaningless corporate speak, either one.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I really regret buying Nine Parchments because I can never NOT play it with my son. "No son, Daddy wants to play this game you know is coop without you." But given that he's young the complete inability to turn off friendly fire in any mode makes it unplayable for us.

Frustrating reading threads about it full of obviously childless git gud types circle-jerking the developer to not give any non-FF option, especially on the Switch. For gently caress's sake, turn off the cheevos and unlocks if they're so precious, but give us an option.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s okay you can just admit you don’t know what your talking about, no need to get hostile.

Wow you're absolutely right. I got suckered by meaningless corporate speak. I admit it. I can't believe this has happened to me.

I guess you're not a dumbass after all.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

RZA Encryption posted:

Wow you're absolutely right. I got suckered by meaningless corporate speak. I admit it. I can't believe this has happened to me.

It's really, like, too bad that we're sheeple brainwashed by big bu$iness into thinking that bluetooth is a goddamn shitheap of compression and codecs, rather than accepting it as the perfect do-anything protocol true free-thinkers know it to be

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

It’s okay a lot of people end up buying into it, especially for a company they like. Even if just a little thought reveals it doesn’t make a lot of sense.We have all done it at some point.

Hell this thread in general does it a lot.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 24, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read a post somewhere that claimed a certain Switch thread regular is among the most ignored posters on the forums.

Just sayin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think I'm gonna preload The Messenger. Everything about it so far looks like a smarter version of the old Ninja Gaidens and more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnwTf3w40tQ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

asecondduck posted:

I read a post somewhere that claimed a certain Switch thread regular is among the most ignored posters on the forums.

Just sayin.

Don’t be mean to jivjov.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The only Bluetooth devices I would use for games are ones with APTX-LL and there’s like...three of them. But it hardly matters most of the time; the fact that I’m playing a game means I’ll be sitting about the same place while I play, so wired is fine. Wireless is for TV shows when I’m cooking or exercising or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only Bluetooth devices I would use for games are ones with APTX-LL and there’s like...three of them. But it hardly matters most of the time; the fact that I’m playing a game means I’ll be sitting about the same place while I play, so wired is fine. Wireless is for TV shows when I’m cooking or exercising or something.

I don’t think many people would use bluetooth even if it’s an option but it’s not like there is a real reason to not include it. No one gets pissy at iPhone for their lovely Bluetooth not working.

• Locked thread