Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
To the COWARD SlothfulCobra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

May you be sewn up alive in the belly of a dead camel.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Interesting that Zunists also get a lodge, while Aztecs won't.

Where did you see that?

quote:

Each playable pagan religion has its own version of a Warrior Lodge, with some unique touches to them.

To me that sounds like everything but the generic Pagan and Hellenic ones will have them.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

binge crotching posted:

Where did you see that?

Dev quote in the thread specifically called out Aztecs as not getting one

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Probably them not wanting to put time in for poo poo 90% of players won't see.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Kaza42 posted:

Dev quote in the thread specifically called out Aztecs as not getting one

drat. At least it's easy to mod in, but it sucks that they don't have one.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Aztecs should get an explorer club society for taming the new continent full of savages that they have just discovered.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

SlothfulCobra posted:

So another way for pagans to be fighty? It's not like they're really short on those. It's not like they aren't already required to be constantly aggressive by game mechanics. I know that Pagans need some kind of society, but it seems a little redundant. Kinda goes into how societies are a little half-baked in general.

They're just being historically accurate. Pagans were violent and bloodthirsty savages; all the primary sources from people who hated the pagans can attest to that :shrug: isn't the only other pagan society the devil worship one?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Africans had ZERO societies and absolutely aren't as fighty as other pagans thanks to their love of light infantry. :colbert:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I like that the Warrior Lodge ambient sound is just the dev team joshing around and having a great time. It must've been fun to record that. :unsmith:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

DrSunshine posted:

I like that the Warrior Lodge ambient sound is just the dev team joshing around and having a great time. It must've been fun to record that. :unsmith:

Reality is much more bleak. The dev team all hate each other due to competing claims to their company.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
The holy fury expansion seems like an officialization of a lot of good CK2+ and HIP features. Some of which I know Wiz probably wrote before he worked for paradox. Makes me wonder what (or if) the next big overhaul mods will do.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

My character wrote a war book that gives him +10% to both morale damage and morale defense. I'm guessing that only applies to armies he leads personally right? And if so, does that only apply to the one specific flank that he's leading? Even if he is a brilliant strategist with really high martial skill and good traits I usually avoid having my guy personally lead armies because he always ends up getting killed, but with this thing, it might be worth the risk to bring him out now and then if it's an important battle. I have a suit of armor that adds another +5% morale damage too. I usually don't pay that much attention to the battles in this game, but with all this stuff, maybe I can start trying some different strategies like stacking all of my elephants on one flank, led by my brilliant strategist dude with all of his bonus stuff, and then see if he can just utterly crush that one enemy flank.

Battles seem a lot more difficult than they used to be in this game. Maybe they've been changed with all the patches and DLC. There have been multiple times where I've vastly outnumbered the enemy yet still got my rear end beat. Maybe I've been going up against other generals that have their own treasury filled with combat-boosting stuff and I didn't notice, and then they kicked my rear end.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Okay, I need to learn how to mod societies because warrior lodges seems like a good basis for a kung fu mod that would work for the eastern religion groups (Buddhist + Confucian).

You could have rival traditions. Wudang for the Daoists and North/South Shaolin for the Buddhists. If you gain enough society power you could turn your negative traits into positives: Drunk characters learn the Drunken Fist style, blind and crippled characters could learn to overcome their limitations through unique training event chains, etc. Evil characters could join the White Lotus Clan under the cruel tutelage of Pai Mei and hope to uncover his secrets of immortality. If you have enough Grace with the Chinese Emperor you could summon a Flying Guillotine expert that greatly boosts your assassination plot power.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the wu-tang in gotham, that'd loving rule.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Crusader Kings II: This is My Fetish (mask)

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Now I remember - you're that new member of the Wolf Warriors. So you, what - fetch the mead?"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oof, formed ruthenia, trying to reform slavic so I can feudalize, but every time I get a hold of 2 holy sites the third eludes me. Usually it's held by another king big enough to keep throwing stacks at me and force me into white peace. And now byzantines are eating me and I can't put out any resistance to their huge armies. gently caress.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
At last, after many years and much coin, I have brought the ultimate Fetish into reality. Now I am born anew with my... Fursuit

Mantis42 posted:

Okay, I need to learn how to mod societies because warrior lodges seems like a good basis for a kung fu mod that would work for the eastern religion groups (Buddhist + Confucian).

You could have rival traditions. Wudang for the Daoists and North/South Shaolin for the Buddhists. If you gain enough society power you could turn your negative traits into positives: Drunk characters learn the Drunken Fist style, blind and crippled characters could learn to overcome their limitations through unique training event chains, etc. Evil characters could join the White Lotus Clan under the cruel tutelage of Pai Mei and hope to uncover his secrets of immortality. If you have enough Grace with the Chinese Emperor you could summon a Flying Guillotine expert that greatly boosts your assassination plot power.

Amidst the storm of battle you see your opponent! He is within reach!!

>> FIVE POINT PALM EXPLODING HEART TECHNIQUE (You can choose this because you have the trait: Kung Fu Master)

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Mantis42 posted:

Okay, a kung fu mod

Subscribed

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

DISCO KING posted:

Subscribed

*Keanu Reeves dressed up as the Tibetan Emperor*

"I know kung fu"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm King of Poland, one of my dukes (who is kin) has a claim on the Kingdom of Sweden and he's prosecuting it. I am debating whether to join in: RP-wise hell yes, but what if the duke wins and becomes King of Sweden and the duchy detaches from Poland? He won't be eligible to be elected King of Poland anymore, will he, so I can't form a personal union?

edit. Second question, I could not figure this out at all: with Conclave there are two realm laws that allow title revocation, "allowed" and "religious". Are these two mutually exclusive or does "religious" also include the revocation powers in "allowed"?

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 25, 2018

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Sulphagnist posted:

I'm King of Poland, one of my dukes (who is kin) has a claim on the Kingdom of Sweden and he's prosecuting it. I am debating whether to join in: RP-wise hell yes, but what if the duke wins and becomes King of Sweden and the duchy detaches from Poland? He won't be eligible to be elected King of Poland anymore, will he, so I can't form a personal union?

edit. Second question, I could not figure this out at all: with Conclave there are two realm laws that allow title revocation, "allowed" and "religious". Are these two mutually exclusive or does "religious" also include the revocation powers in "allowed"?

If he retains his duchy in Poland then he will be eligible to be elected king of Poland. You could join his war, then nominate him as your heir and have all of it for yourself.

The religious revocation law includes the powers of the first law, yes.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Various Meat Products posted:

If he retains his duchy in Poland then he will be eligible to be elected king of Poland. You could join his war, then nominate him as your heir and have all of it for yourself.

The religious revocation law includes the powers of the first law, yes.

Thanks, let's do this! When has a personal union between Sweden and Poland ever ended in disaster? :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DISCO KING posted:

The holy fury expansion seems like an officialization of a lot of good CK2+ and HIP features. Some of which I know Wiz probably wrote before he worked for paradox. Makes me wonder what (or if) the next big overhaul mods will do.

200 extra provinces in Africa.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Okay, we won the war and my nephew and a duke of Poland is now King of Sweden, and the designated heir of Poland.

However! One of my duke vassals, who is also kin, has a son who is also a claimant for Sweden, and declared war on the new King of Sweden. So now I'm watching on the sidelines nervously waiting for which one of them ends up as King of Sweden so I can switch them to be the heir (the vote is split 1-all so whoever I nominate will win the tie).

Maybe I shouldn't have married so many Swedish princesses into my dynasty...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Sounds to me like you should marry more in. If you can easily make the winner heirs, it's all basically free land :v:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I agree, the Wendish Empire ruling Iceland is an atrocity!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’ve put 400 hours into this game and have never started from the bottom as a vassal. I want to do a Hapsburg play through where I basically follow history and become HRE. Where do I start?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ve put 400 hours into this game and have never started from the bottom as a vassal. I want to do a Hapsburg play through where I basically follow history and become HRE. Where do I start?

I think the 1066 Count of Aargau in Burgundy is the usual Habsburg start.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think the 1066 Count of Aargau in Burgundy is the usual Habsburg start.

How do I get off the ground floor? I’m just so used to painting the map.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Switch to the dynasty map mode, paint that instead.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How do I get off the ground floor? I’m just so used to painting the map.

Same way the Hapsburgs did: being the absolute best at the marriage game. Grow your own power through inheritance and any schemes you can, and try to weaken your direct liege as much as possible. If you can't outright inherit lands, try to make alliances that would be valid when you rebel against your lord. Train a spymaster daughter who loves you and marry her to him, and then scheme to fabricate a claim on his titles.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The AI is also incredibly stupid about its spymaster picks so if you have good Intrigue yourself you can easily end up becoming the spymaster. I've had it happen a few times even when opinion wasn't good.

E: Also don't forget you can use your chancellor to fabricate claims. The Jade Dragon CBs are more conventient but fabrication is cheaper iirc.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 26, 2018

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The AI is also incredibly stupid about its spymaster picks so if you have good Intrigue yourself you can easily end up becoming the spymaster. I've had it happen a few times even when opinion wasn't good.

E: Also don't forget you can use your chancellor to fabricate claims. The Jade Dragon CBs are more conventient but fabrication is cheaper iirc.

I never quite understand what logic the AI uses to pick its council. I've often ended up getting awarded a position despite having mediocre stats for that position, or being given a position when my best stat is in a different category and is also way better than the current guy holding that position. I guess it has some sort of internal political/relations thing it's doing and ignores the fact that a player doesn't actually care when the game says they like someone.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I never quite understand what logic the AI uses to pick its council. I've often ended up getting awarded a position despite having mediocre stats for that position, or being given a position when my best stat is in a different category and is also way better than the current guy holding that position. I guess it has some sort of internal political/relations thing it's doing and ignores the fact that a player doesn't actually care when the game says they like someone.

Oh for sure. But even if you ignore the player angle it's extremely dumb to appoint a spymaster that has a negative opinion of you. And I've had the AI appoint me even when mechanical opinion was in the red toward my liege. So yeah I got no drat idea how the AI decides.

Iunno though maybe I was a powerful vassal and didn't think to check? Might've appointed me to keep me out of factions.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit

Moreau posted:

Ironman or not Ironman?

Preferably non Ironman

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Sulphagnist posted:

Thanks, let's do this! When has a personal union between Sweden and Poland ever ended in disaster? :v:

Just had a crazy turn of events when playing as the polish wendish empire, with my brother as the byzantine empire had just made the umayyads, who control all of iberia, a tributary . (somehow, I don't even know how they got the CB being nowhere near each other) Umayyads declare war on me for some county in germany they used to control and someone still had a claim on. Byzantines join in after the rear end in a top hat brother refused to ally with me. I don't feel good about my chances but start winning because they're sending their men in piecemeal. Right around when I realize I can assassinate my brother and not only put him out of the war but also inherit the entire byzantine empire myself he dies of stress. The biggest empire since the roman empire is united, while the title of byzantine empire is destroyed, ending the roman legacy. Nice thing was my brother was apparently a tyrannical idiot hording duchy titles so all the vassals from the byzantine empire still love me despite destroying it since I gave them out right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Oh for sure. But even if you ignore the player angle it's extremely dumb to appoint a spymaster that has a negative opinion of you. And I've had the AI appoint me even when mechanical opinion was in the red toward my liege. So yeah I got no drat idea how the AI decides.

Iunno though maybe I was a powerful vassal and didn't think to check? Might've appointed me to keep me out of factions.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the AI will go out of it's way to appoint powerful vassals to their council even if they don't like them.

• Locked thread