Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Judgmental July

Third place, 1 point: Red Shoe

I liked all your submissions this month, but this one in particular stood out. You've got a good variety of textures going on this model, and a really cohesive color scheme. Everything looks of a piece, while still very readable.

Second place, 2 points: Corrode

Apart from enjoying the Third Street Necrons on a basic level, you've also got some defined shading on these guys, which is way more effort than I find myself ever capable of expending on primarily-metallic things, and that'll earn points.

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

And similar to the above, but with added verdigris effects, a lovely rich red primary, and a very smooth accent color in a shade where that's hard to pull off.

Bonus point: Zark the Damned

Both solid paint jobs, and I enjoyed pointing and laughing at the little broom guy next to an enormous treant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for August 2018 5 28mm Warlord US Airborne.

Gotta get back on the wagon.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I, Booyah-, oath for August

Three brimstone horrors (GW) and
Five Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu investigators (Z-Man games)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: July Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: bonds0097

This is a delightfully aggressive model in both pose and energy; the thunder hammer glow is really impressive against the muted tones of the armor.

Second Place, 2 points: Red Shoe

Really spectacular base work, of course, but this titanic tree-beast is incredible. On a smaller scale, your soldier also has some delightfully earthy tones to it.

First Place, 3 points: Grassy Gnoll

Cool arid scrub basing on all the bases. But what really sets these guys apart is the great line and detail work on the figures themselves. They blend together cohesively, with a palette that combines bright primary colors, desaturated neutral tones, and strong contrasts. You manage to make space werewolves look grounded and realistic.

Bonus Point: Nighttheii

The mushroom-dudes are cute, the space marines are all right, and then holy crap those Hordes models. The bone color against the cracked mud of the river bed is very striking, and the voodoo gator looks like he's having a great time.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I took this picture yesterday and completely forgot to upload it here, oops!

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 7 Sepuchral Stalkers and 2 scratch-built objective markers.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Haemotrope Reactors. Already been in their first game (played Killteam the other day) - Rescue Ranger as described in my Oath

A winged horse. Similar to my other monsters I based it on a real life horse colouring (rather than the classic all-white for a Pegasus)

Birbdogs! Eagle / lion Gryphounds to be precise, to kind of match with a Griffon I painted for a previous season.

Ghost lady, with a very simple Recipe for Success:

Step 1: Undercoat Ceramite White
Step 2: Apply Army Painter Purple Wash all over but concentrating on the deeper parts
Step 3: Re-highlight with Ceramite White with multiple successive light drybrushes

I'll be copying this for any other ghosts I may add to the Undead force I'm (very) slowly raising.

Empire Engineer from Nuln, who will be watching over whatever war machines I next add to the army. Big Brother is watching the battlefield through his telescope!

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 23, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

For August, I, LazyAngel, oath three Endrinriggers (GW, 28mm)

Yvonmukluk posted:

Booyah- posted:

I, Booyah-, oath for August

Three brimstone horrors (GW) and
Five Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu investigators (Z-Man games)

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I took this picture yesterday and completely forgot to upload it here, oops!

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 7 Sepuchral Stalkers and 2 scratch-built objective markers.

Approved!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the Big Brother monthly challenge. He has a regular compass, a magic compass, a school of fish called "scryfish" so he must be good at surveillance right? The staff, I think, is just for show. In melee he fights using his "deadly-sharp Finger-claw" and at range he attacks you with fishy-nibbles.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 16, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I absolutely love the way you've done his base.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks, judges!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ilor posted:

I absolutely love the way you've done his base.

Thanks! It's really simple: base with sand ("fine grit" from Michaels), basecoat with VMC desert yellow, wash with Army Painter strong tone, drybrush with VMC green, light drybrush with VMC light turquoise. Unless you mean the fish, those are actually part of the model.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
No, I meant the base. It actually looks like the way aquarium sand looks underwater, which is baller.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete! Belisarius Cawl and six pieces of ruins terrain from Games Workshop's Sector Imperials line.

My oath was for both the model and the pictured terrain, so the picture might be a bit crowded. To help, here's one of Belisarius Cawl by himself, and one of a higher-up view of the terrain.

Claiming A Faithful Replica for matching the official paint scheme on Belisarius Cawl: https://imgur.com/yqqsg5C. Games Workshop's photo uses a warmer light source than mine, so the colors look a little off, but I assure you they do in fact match.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath to paint 2 Hecklers for Infinity

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

OATH COMPLETE

I painted the Hetzer in five colours, Hinterhalt with steel and black. i dont know if that counts for the netflix and chill challenge and i dont care. Its done after sitting for eight months on my desk.

I went a little nuts doing windscreen wipers, indicators and headlights on the 6mm trucks.

And I have a little bolt action objective marker.
Thank you. *bows*.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Unto my oath, because no bad idea deserves to go unattempted, I add one Knight Incantor (GW, 28mm)

This will not be monochrome.

This will be fabulous

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

grassy gnoll posted:

Second place, 2 points: Corrode

Apart from enjoying the Third Street Necrons on a basic level, you've also got some defined shading on these guys, which is way more effort than I find myself ever capable of expending on primarily-metallic things, and that'll earn points.

Thanks! I am a little bit too in love with purple and gold:

Oath complete

1 Knight Crusader, Imperial Grandeur

1 Knight Gallant, Fate of Heretics

1 Armiger Helverin, Solitary Mourner

2 Deathwatch Veterans, of the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels

Claiming the monthly bit for the sensors on the Deathwatch.

Also:

Corrode posted:

And since I've had the day off today, claiming Need 4 Speed on Blooded Saek:

I would also like to claim The Daily Double for June and November (he's a buff half naked dude and his axe is covered in blood). I think this is allowed but let me know if it's not.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 28, 2018

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath for August: Devastator Squad, Exemplar Cinerators + UA, Severius 2, Wolf Rider
GW and PP

Oath Complete!

Claiming Big Brother on the Marines for their various lenses, scopes, and targeting things.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Completed these with Broken Toad brushes. They feel so good to use that I doubt I'll return to WN any time soon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

LazyAngel posted:

Unto my oath, because no bad idea deserves to go unattempted, I add one Knight Incantor (GW, 28mm)

This will not be monochrome.

This will be fabulous

Approved!

Corrode posted:

Thanks! I am a little bit too in love with purple and gold:

Oath complete

1 Knight Crusader, Imperial Grandeur

1 Knight Gallant, Fate of Heretics

1 Armiger Helverin, Solitary Mourner

2 Deathwatch Veterans, of the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels

Claiming the monthly bit for the sensors on the Deathwatch.

You need to edit in your previous Bloodek Saek post so you have a single completion post with everything you done did this month.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Both Battleship classes

Two Scourge destroyer classes.

Three types of UCM destroyers. (magnets are great!)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

You need to edit in your previous Bloodek Saek post so you have a single completion post with everything you done did this month.

Woops forgot all about it! Will do

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

And here's the Knight-Incantor in all his 70's-van-mural glory;

Chrome effect worked well, not so happy with the purple OSL, but think I got the starfield right, although the colours are a bit muted on camera (blue, purple and green washes in patches over the stars).

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Wow, I really like those stars

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

TheFinalTuba posted:

Wow, I really like those stars

Thanks. turns out they're not too bad - dot of white, then drag it in four directions with a fine brush. Glaze over the top, then re-dot the center with white.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these three Mavericks and two Desperados by Corvus Belli, 28mm

Oath Complete

Claiming jurnal for the dismount's binoculars.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming this month's Jurnal for the giant dish antenna and all the creepy drone eyes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath addition!

I oath a further 7 28mm Warlord US Airborne.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Complete!

Ran out of time to seal before I leave for camping, so not the best picture this month, but still happy with how they look in person.

Claiming the Jurnal for the oversized Satellite dish looking thing in the left guys hand!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I completed another vehicle but I didn't oath it.
Oh well. It got painted.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped this month, but...

Oath Complete!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath addition!

I oath a further 7 28mm Warlord US Airborne.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Take one for the team, since these are going to be two Pathfinder squads for my Bolt Action US Airborne.

Also claiming Need 4 Speed for the 7 dudes I did as an addition.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! No challenge this month, but I'm claiming Get the crystal for the objective markers.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

And also:

(can't fit both in my lightbox at the same time)

For this month's challenge, I've added a revolting little eyeball daemon to one tank.

The other one carries the tank rider.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 1, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:scrunt: OATH COMPLETE :scrunt:

Urban Demolisher and the two Bomb Bots

6 Brokkr Chiefs

6 Brokkr Engineers

4 Brokkr Heavy Weapons

14 Brokkrs

Claiming a recipe for success for all of the Brokkrs:

Rattlecan white primer
Minitaire Citrus Orange base
Reaper MSP dark brown shoes (guessing, because the labels faded to nothing on 95% of my Reaper paints within months of receiving them)
VMC Carmine Red armour plates
Minitaire Innards suspenders
Skin: One of Reaper MSP Caucasian Flesh, VGA Dwarf Flesh, Reaper MSP Suntan Flesh, VMC Beige Brown, VMC German Camo Medium Brown, and Reaper MSP Ruddy Brown
Hair, beards, and mos: One of VMC Yellow Fluo, VGC Livery Green, VGC Squid Pink, Reaper MSP Dragon Blue
P3 Bastion Grey weapons
VMC AC Dark Aluminium Tools and goggles
P3 Hammerfall Khaki pouches

Bases: VMC Black, Minitaire Cracked Earth, VMC Light Green, VMA UKPRU Blue, AK Interactive True Metal Dark Aluminium

All dipped in Army Painter Strong Tone, and finished with Army Painter Matt Spray

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, August is over!

Onwards to September:

quote:

September - Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month
Convert your miniature in some way. Maybe a simple head or weapon swap, or you could go as far as a scratch build or your own sculpt! If you’re converting an existing figure, include a picture of what a standard version of the model looks like. If you're adapting your model to have swappable components (magnetig / plug in / etc.) this counts, include pictures of each option 'in action'!

I'll catch up with the completions and oaths etc. tomorrow, it's been a busy week.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
September Oath

Aesther Nightshroud (Gloomhaven) and alt-Hexxer (Aristeia!)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
[b]Imcoming Oath! Zee Germans are coming
1 1915-1918 German Infantry Division, by Baccus Minitures - in glorious 6mm.
That's
172 infantry, 1 Corps HQ, 21 MG stands, 12 artillery an 11 mortar stands plus crew, and three cavalrymen!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
August oath posting too late but wanted to show it anyway!

Had pictures taken and ready to post and then personal stuff separating me from my computer messed things up last night... Thought I'd show anyway, I spent a lot of time thinking about the color scheme (and not liking online examples) and finally decided to sort of merge the two month concepts with a limited color scheme on the body to give it sort of a 50's horror movie vibe, and only color the eyes. Generally happy about that:

Had even been ready to show spic and span, one pic:

So at least I've got one more painted mini up on the shelf.

Anyway now I gotta decide do I take on another miniature project for the month or change gears to a large ship model project that will certainly not get done in a month, hmm....