Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Like I said you could do it after the prequel quests should account for doing after

edit: think of it this way, prequel quests are designed at the same time the DLC they're for are, with it in mind new players may jump right into the content before they even know there's a prequel quest

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Verranicus posted:

So I picked up all the expansion intro quests and the lead-ins when I got to Auridon, but my quest log is cluttered as poo poo and there doesn't seem to be a way to hide quests. Can I drop these quests and pick them up again at a later time?

Hey Verranicus, in case you didn't find this, there's a mod I use to manage my quest tracker called FCM Quest Tracker that lets you expand and collapse quests by quest type/zone. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for if you don't want to actually drop quests but just don't wanna see all that poo poo on your screen? It also lets you drag the quest log around and customize it in a ton of ways, too. (To answer your question literally: yes, you can always drop quests and get them again later.)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

So hang on you're saying that lusty argonian main was just not used by anyone on PS4 or PC?

Edit: I just refuse to believe that

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

most of the confusion with the games story could really be solved if ZOS just made the default tutorial that

allow people to choose vvardenfell or summerset as starting points thats fine but really making new tutorials every year and abandoning them the next doesn't make sense at least with vvardnfell it felt like a thing but summersets tutorial is basically as bare bones as it gets

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

JackBadass posted:

Wear skeleton always.

i dont even pvp but this makes me want to :hellyeah:

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up

Berke Negri posted:

some people had just the base game without morrowind when they made the switch earlier this year for morrowind to be included with the basegame so its mostly for them

how many people have + but some how never picked up morrowind i dont know though

:( I'll have enough crowns soon to get it!

I'm not really comfortable anymore with paying for a sub for an mmo, but it makes things so much easier. I keep hoping in a few months, half a year, once I finish my crafting goals and get a hold of some of those storage chests and max out bags and such, I'll be able to live without eso+.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Merope posted:

:( I'll have enough crowns soon to get it!

I'm not really comfortable anymore with paying for a sub for an mmo, but it makes things so much easier. I keep hoping in a few months, half a year, once I finish my crafting goals and get a hold of some of those storage chests and max out bags and such, I'll be able to live without eso+.

You poor soul you, thinking you can give up the craft bag eventually.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The craft bag is deep in your butt just accept it.

Deep, deep in all our butts.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

right before summerset my ESO+ lapsed without me noticing and i tried to turn in writs and couldn't because my inventory was full half way through

its impossible to live without craftbag

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Double. Bank.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

honestly you will never reach a point where you can get enough bank size you dont need eso+

storage chests and coffers are there because you must have a full set for every set even though you don't use 98% of sets in the game, not for coffee beans and bananas

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I've subbed to a lot of MMOs over the years. ESO gives you decent bang for your buck.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eso is nice cause everything in plus is added

this doesnt mean much to brand new players without plus but yes, you're getting the experience we toughed out for years

ZOS has never taken away stuff for the worse since b2p, it's just the game inventory management was awful since the beginning

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

are most world bosses soloable? i managed to take one down alone by circle staffing and jabbing forever and heavy attacking to get stamina.

also want to know if anyone digs the gryphons set at all. it seems to get poo poo on but the speed bonus i got along with being an orc let me dodge a ton of attacks while i was doing this. is there anything else that gives a speed boost that would give me even more speed? i want to zoom around like a racecar jabbing the gently caress out of everything.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 26, 2018

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Could I get an invite to the guild? Bruman the Original here.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks for the invite!

I played this game during open beta, and *hated* it. Felt like poo poo, trying some melee class.

Tried a melee class this time - and it felt a lot better. Still didn't feel "right" though. Gave a sorc a roll..and now we're cooking.

Lots of Skyrim vibes, as was intended I'm sure. Beyond the UI - constantly full inventory, constant side-tracks while trying to do a quest, hah. Pretty great.

So I've done some research for newb guides, here's what I'm currently doing. Any other tips:

-Joined Mages / Fighters / Undaunted
-Installed the addons that show me where skyshards / lore books / etc are, and hit them up when I'm nearby
-Hit 10 today, started my horse upgrade (going speed first)
-Bought 1 bank upgrade, 1 inventory bag upgrade (all I can afford for now, will buy others as I can)
-As a magika summoner, trying to keep to mostly light armor with 2 heavy. That combo was recommended
-Prioritizing gear with "training" on it (which is why I currently have a medium piece equipped)
-Started researching traits as I can, banking extra items that I need traits from
-Deconning any items that don't sell for noticeable amounts
-Stealing items to vendor as I can (right now they're all 40g if it's worth stealing)

Sound like I have the basics covered? From there, I've just been hitting up whatever quests seemed interesting, and doing delves (those are lots of fun).

Also, I'm not above charity. If anyone wants to toss me gold for upgrades, and any early-teens light armor / staves with training on them, I'll take 'em!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ASenileAnimal posted:

are most world bosses soloable? i managed to take one down alone by circle staffing and jabbing forever and heavy attacking to get stamina.

also want to know if anyone digs the gryphons set at all. it seems to get poo poo on but the speed bonus i got along with being an orc let me dodge a ton of attacks while i was doing this. is there anything else that gives a speed boost that would give me even more speed? i want to zoom around like a racecar jabbing the gently caress out of everything.

I personally love the gryphon set. I havent seen anyone who hates it as much as there are way better sets for doing whatever class and role youre doing.

gently caress em, I run gryphons on 3 of my characters anyway. Combine it with relequens for a good time.

Edit: for more zoom check out coward's gear and dreugh king slayer.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 26, 2018

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

ASenileAnimal posted:

World bosses are tuned to be done with multiple players. Some of the ones in the base game content are fairly simple large sacks of HP, but others - especially world bosses in DLC and Chapter zones - have enough mechanics that you'll probably have a bad time trying to solo them.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Behold my shiny new Dwemeri Tonal Attenuator hat:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

it's a good hat

im also fond of the dust adept-like ashlander hat

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I got the gasmask from a crate. Can't remember which one. Did you know it gets ears on a cat-person?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Does this mitre? Got it out of my last free dwemer crate:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Making alts just to play more Fashion Scrolls Online

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
hi I'm back.

is orc stamsorc still a good build, or has it been beaten down by the cruel excess of Zeni. how has fared my beloved stamsorc.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 28, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

outfit maker really is one of the best updates this game has had

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rookersh posted:

hi I'm back.

is orc stamsorc still a good build, or has it been beaten down by the cruel excess of Zeni. how has fared my beloved stamsorc.

Orc stamsorc is life

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

What outfit/armor is that? It's rad as hell.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

atomicgeek posted:

What outfit/armor is that? It's rad as hell.

Chest: Light Ebonshadow
Shoulders: Light Redguard 3
Hands: Light Ancient Elf
Waist: Heavy Pyandonean
Legs: Medium Telvanni
Feet: Light Redguard 2

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

is steam making GBS threads me or is this game really 70gb

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 30, 2018

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

nope, Steam is accurate, enjoy your day.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Airspace posted:

nope, Steam is accurate, enjoy your day.

drat

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
That's only like 100MB per costume, so that's a real value for HDD space.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Whorelord posted:

It's actually more like 85gb for the initial install, after a week of play it's already up to 90gb.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
the daedra have gotten into your computer

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Has anyone found a way around the "requesting character load" bug yet? I haven't been able to play for months now and this damned bug is still not fixed. Worse, despite a CSR all but confirming that it's a server/routing issue of some sort i'm being told to do poo poo like "Update my graphics card." and "Reinstall the program.". poo poo, I can't even get the same CSR to reply to a single ticket.

Apparently a VPN lets you get on. However, I don't know what a good one for playing on ESO and it'd still be slow as gently caress to play the game with my current connection if I had to route through a VPN.

Edit: And a CSR just admitted it's a server issue. They want me to connect to a different megaserver now. Which would mean starting all over -and- having a poo poo connection anyways. What the gently caress are these people smoking?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 1, 2018

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Unlikely you'd lose progress unless the CSR moved you from NA to EU or vice-versa, which afaik we don't really do. Please try to bear in mind that our megaservers are grand and mysterious creatures, capable of many wonders.

If you still have issues PM me and I'll talk to the people I can. I can't promise miracles though, if you're subject to something truly awful.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

doomfunk posted:

Unlikely you'd lose progress unless the CSR moved you from NA to EU or vice-versa, which afaik we don't really do. Please try to bear in mind that our megaservers are grand and mysterious creatures, capable of many wonders.

If you still have issues PM me and I'll talk to the people I can. I can't promise miracles though, if you're subject to something truly awful.

Ii'll shoot you a PM since the agents went silent hours ago after I completed their last set of instructions. Before that I was getting pretty regular replies on a 5-30 minute-ish basis.

Also, isn't character data not copied over to the EU megaservers if you've been playing on the NA ones? And never mind that all the people I know are on the NA one. Though maybe i'm wrong about that? When I tried to log onto the EU megaserver it took me straight to the character creation menu.

I'm guessing you're a CSR or something for the company?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 1, 2018

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
He's much cooler and way more powerful.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I'm just, like, a guy, you know? Not a CSR though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

doomfunk posted:

I'm just, like, a guy, you know? Not a CSR though.

Official nintendo uncle