Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
It’s just gonna be a question of who gasses first tbh. I don’t think either of them has the ability to land a good KO. Logan will gently caress him up in a clinch (wrestling exp) and also has more range, KSI has home crowd advantage and experience in the ring, it’s anyone’s game. Got 20 quid on Logan to win but hope KSI beats his rear end, either way I can’t lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean doing any sort of prediction in a match with so much unknown is tricky. We have one recorded fight for KSI, and none for Logan. We know their approximate size and weight and we have a few things that we can kind of sort of get a read on how they might relate to a boxing match, but it's tough to say. Logan Paul certainly did wrestling, but most of that is irrelevant for boxing, except for a little bit of standup wrestling that's only really useful if you're trying to do inside work. Inside work like that is not really viable at such a low skill level and it would entirely go against Logan's physical advantages to try it so I think the wrestling thing has no bearing at all except for informing us that Logan Paul is physically capable of performing as a lean muscle athlete.

But how this all comes across in the ring is tricky to say. Maybe Logan Paul is surprisingly powerful puncher, or maybe he has a glass jaw. Maybe one of them is going to throw everything early and gas out immediately. Either one of them could have over trained. One of them could be injured. Anything is game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

While we were talking about this, one boxer was doing an act of protest

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Brian Limond summa up my view of this fight
https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/1033075457602805765?s=21

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
My money is on the guy who has fought before.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

probably didn't fancy this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9j2AUiDnik

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Has he said why?!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Has he said why?!

He says he wasn't getting paid enough.

Unconfirmed but there's a rumour that his pay was cut like 75% shortly before the fight but I haven't found an article sourcing that.

Some people are saying that it's just an excuse and that he actually just didn't like what he saw.

Here's a higher quality video:

https://twitter.com/premierboxing/status/1033176560369459200

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
On balance it's probably the best thing he could've done for his career. Hes gone from fighting on a random pbc undercard slot to the number 1 trending topic on twitter.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he didnt want any of that poo poo lol

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

good for him. the first strike in a boxing ring?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

On balance it's probably the best thing he could've done for his career. Hes gone from fighting on a random pbc undercard slot to the number 1 trending topic on twitter.

I mean, nobody commenting about him on twitter is interested in the continuing career of Curtis Harper and I doubt people are going to try to book an average heavyweight journeyman on the back of the one time he didn't fight and caused a scene.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean, nobody commenting about him on twitter is interested in the continuing career of Curtis Harper and I doubt people are going to try to book an average heavyweight journeyman on the back of the one time he didn't fight and caused a scene.

Certainly not as a boxer but being a living meme might pay better than being a journeyman heavyweight-and addition to like, bricklaying or bouncing at a strip club or whatever else he does for a day job, these days.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I hope that these doofuses all manage to simultaneously KO each other.

Every match.

edit: when does lowtax fight uwe boll

second edit: are the judges The Fine Bros or something, lol, what the gently caress

surf rock fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 25, 2018

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i just watched ksi's first fight. he has no defence and if the other dude has any semblance of boxing ability it shouldn't be hard for him really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when does the stupid fight happen i wnat to watch it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

4 or 5 edt is when the main event is coming on I think, but there are currently garbage fights with c list youtube guys right now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol its ppv and also they're wearing head gear

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok one of the guys just called a liver shot finish and then got it which was pretty cool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i loved the wrestling move to slam him on the ground right before it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

shannon briggs at ringside. he definitely missed out on a huge youtube career due to his age

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Do you reckon these guys are just going to have a massive adrenaline dump if they aren't used to this sort of pressure. I can't imagine going from never having fought to this level of attention/hype.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i forgot all about true geordie so checked his youtube page and he has like 1.4m subscribers what the gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This grime singer is poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jose posted:

This grime singer is poo poo

He's Britain's foremost grime artist (if you've never heard of Stormzy)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Should have not muffled his mic so badly

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
They got Michael Buffer? Eesh.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

surf rock posted:

They got Michael Buffer? Eesh.

Michael Buffer would announce my next poo poo if I paid him enough.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
FUCKJAKEPAUL

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hope they both die

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Michael Buffer would announce my next poo poo if I paid him enough.

But why would they spend the money on him? The nine-year-olds who love these guys don't know or give a gently caress about Michael Buffer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

By both I meant both the Paul's

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

surf rock posted:

But why would they spend the money on him? The nine-year-olds who love these guys don't know or give a gently caress about Michael Buffer.

My guess is one of the Pauls paid his fee so they could be announced by him.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I love that he's just blatantly reading off of notecards and did not bother to prepare at all for this event.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the difference in the quality levels between the video and production compared to the fights is hilarious

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Proper size/reach difference between these two.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
We all knew this was going to be awful, but I did not see it being this awful.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

We all knew this was going to be awful, but I did not see it being this awful.

But we are all watching so we fell in to their trap.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I didn't pay for it so im watching it to see them get hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
So not only do we have two trash fighters we also have a trash ref.

Jippa posted:

But we are all watching so we fell in to their trap.

At least I'm not paying for it.