Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Knorth posted:

Peek

Gosh I want some banana bread right now

Good birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:yeah:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Are there any gay male tohous. Asking for a friend

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Also I don't like bananas but I do like bread

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

lol

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Also today I worked from 9:40 to 5, gently caress the police

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's at least one touhou guy but you should instead look for genderswap art

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or just come to your senses and love nitori

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dogsicle posted:

there's at least one touhou guy but you should instead look for genderswap art
please, hector has a name

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else read Tomodachi Game? It's pretty good, but as it's getting closer to the end I feel like the writer's given zero hints to who the villain is and it's just going to turn out to be someone completely random.

Or have there been hints and I'm just too thick to notice them? :saddowns:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

homeless snail posted:

please, hector has a name

Wait, Hector is *googles* Lord Tsukuyomi????

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've recovered from my biannual migraine and am now more powerful than you can imagine

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I can imagine some pretty powerful things

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Meanwhile Anime's f-ing real in Australia:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like that the girl in CMB just poses as whatever kind of OL they need to do an investigation, even tho shes still in highschool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Grouchio posted:

Meanwhile Anime's f-ing real in Australia:

Please don't remind anyone that Clive Palmer exists

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

male toouhou

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please don't remind anyone that Clive Palmer exists

Who?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just realized I haven't read any manga today

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

just realized I haven't read any manga today

I read enough for you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to read some now but thank you for your efforts Sharky

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh that sucks. The entire point of Yugioh is Kaiba giving SMT style rants while slapping down cards to show that his personality, his style, his ideology is the better one.

It's why smart archetype picks are so good for characters. Sora wouldn't be half as fun if he didn't have the cute stuffed animals turned buzzsaw nightmare monsters cause that's His Character.
Wixoss is an incredibly important story of lesbian sexuality and how society denies women love, approval, and affection based on things like mental disorders, sexuality, economic status, appearance, etc. it's an amazing anime even if it gets very infodumpy at times

it just, uses a 'card game' idea as a base. it not using the card game stuff isn't a flaw, it's just something the series uses as an excuse to get these characters into these situations, same with the 'battling for a wish' stuff that made people call it a madoka ripoff for some reason, lol. the series does a great job expressing personality and ideas without really using the cardgame stuff as a vehicle for that, and there are a few instances where it does something with it.

but it's still not really a 'card battling' anime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FdTVQoU8A

edit: Also Wixoss using card games as an excuse is entirely justified because the term for battling in that series is literally just a pun on the term used for homosexual marriage. like if you told me to tl it id go with 'same selector battling' or 'homoselector marriage' or something. it rules.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 25, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really love how Wixoss Spread goes out of it's way to just rip apart the idea of a "Heroic Sacrifice" in it's second season and ends up having almost all of the cast end up in a better place at the end.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

if you want serious card battling action say a prayer for zoglin and read wizards soul in his memory
although i havent read it since there were like, 3 chps scanned

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
good news, it's finished (not by zoglin tho)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RME posted:

if you want serious card battling action say a prayer for zoglin and read wizards soul in his memory
although i havent read it since there were like, 3 chps scanned

I'm drinking a beer for the drinking girls right now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also its kinda boring cause it is a ton about the card game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Coaaab posted:

good news, it's finished (not by zoglin tho)

nice, but i think when i read it zoglin might not have picked it up because scans stalled out forever, which is why ive only read the first few chapters

from what i remember the main character played UB control style decks and that owns tho imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cardfight Vanguard

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

How far into PHoenix Wright did the anime go? Did they do the Ron Delite trial

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

chumbler posted:

I'm drinking a beer for the drinking girls right now.
three updates since may is not nothign, but for some reason, it's chaps 27, 28, & 20

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

RME posted:

nice, but i think when i read it zoglin might not have picked it up because scans stalled out forever, which is why ive only read the first few chapters

from what i remember the main character played UB control style decks and that owns tho imo

Ah, a manga from the villain's perspective

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

How far into PHoenix Wright did the anime go? Did they do the Ron Delite trial

Only the first 2 games afaik, so no. It wasn't good though so no big loss either way.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Droyer posted:

Only the first 2 games afaik, so no. It wasn't good though so no big loss either way.

I got a weird hankering to rewatch it but I dont really want to watch an LP or replay it myself. Its definitely my favorite of all the trials not counting the big climactic ones.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The true way to do a modern TCG anime is to not focus on the playing of the game, but on the soul crushing costs of assembling the best deck!

Also the same for mobage!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're making a new season of the PW anime though, so i assume it'll get covered in the next year or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The true way to do a modern TCG anime is to not focus on the playing of the game, but on the soul crushing costs of assembling the best deck!

Also the same for mobage!

FFG system best system.

Still flawed though.