Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

brunch with yr parents posted:

Hello, Disney thread. I’m looking to go to WDW with my wife and nine year old daughter from October 24-28. We’ve gone a couple of times in January and stayed at either bay lake tower or the garden side of contemporary and had a blast.

I had a couple of questions that I was hoping you all could help me out with. First, what can I expect with crowd levels? We know that it will be more crowded than when we’ve been in January, but are hoping that at least the Thursday and Friday we will be there won’t be too bad. Second, contemporary and BLT aren’t available for our dates, so we are trying to decide between the following rooms at animal kingdom and wilderness lodge:

1)wilderness lodge standard rm with courtyard view
2)animal kingdom lodge standard room with savanna view
3)animal kingdom villas Jambo village deluxe studio savanna view
4)animal kingdom lodge standard view

The first three are about the same price, including 3 day park-hopper ticket, while the AKL parking lot view room is about $700 cheaper. It appears that the main pool at AKL will be closed while we are there.

So, any thoughts on which we should choose? We are fine with ubering from resort to park, or park to park, so transportation limitations at both aren’t really a big issue.

If I were you I'd go hit AKL because 3 days at the parks isn't going to leave you with much time to hit the pools or worry about the view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
If you and the kid like aminals the savannah view rooms can't be beat. You've got an open-air view of long horses and striped horses just hanging out. Bring binoculars.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The pool at Kidani Village is nicer and just a shuttle ride away. Take the night time safari tour at kidani village if you can, it’s rad and you get a night vision goggle to use. I don’t think the savannah view is essential, there are plenty of lounges and overlooks that offer good views.

Dren fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 20, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of a bitch, I saw them getting into their suits on Friday outside Buzz Lightyear.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has be our guest gotten any easier to get into since they went to prix fix

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
That’s loving amazing. How did they not get kicked out before getting in there?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Anya posted:

That’s loving amazing. How did they not get kicked outdie from heat exhaustion before getting in there?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Are they really turning their heads at that no head coverings for MNSSHP or what?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That was my first question! How did they get away with this? MNSSHP rules are no costumes longer than ankle length and no masks/head coverings. And even if they put them on after bag check, why did someone let them on the ride with the costumes on. I have so many questions.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

They were getting dressed outside Buzz Lightyear shortly after 7:00. A lot of cast members saw them, stared for a few seconds, then went back to their jobs. It was probably a thought process that included "I want to see what happens."

As for dying from heat exhaustion, they must be loving Terminators. It was 90 degrees by nightfall.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Empress Brosephine posted:

Has be our guest gotten any easier to get into since they went to prix fix

Marginally so? I mean I still groan inwardly every time I hear sci fi, be our guest, or CRT. Or goddamn beaches and cream.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sci fi ugh.

I think the most three requests I got when I was at DRC was CRT,BOG and akershas.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I went to the real Akershus last summer - it’s in Oslo, and they used to torture prisoners, keep Nazis, and royalty would also live there occasionally. It’s pretty loving massive and the cruise ships all dock up against it.

So now it makes me giggle when I read about the Royal Princess dining there.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I FINALLY got a Beaches & Cream res for November. I probably would have had an easier time with BOG, to be honest.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I just wait until FPs come up to book and grab whatever I want because everyone releases everything for pandora/slinky dog/whatever. I like Beaches and Cream but I feel like the hype is kinda a little higher than it should be.

E: Actually the only one eluding me this time around is freakin Garden Grill of all things.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

chitoryu12 posted:

Son of a bitch, I saw them getting into their suits on Friday outside Buzz Lightyear.

Is this a thing? I'm currently working at a grocery store and three teenagers with these exact costumes came in one night, wandered the whole store, and then gigglingly went through the checkout lane with some courtesy purchases. I understood at the time that it was a lame joke or even lamer prank, but I didn't stop to think that it was perhaps part of an existing fad.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Funkmaster General posted:

Is this a thing? I'm currently working at a grocery store and three teenagers with these exact costumes came in one night, wandered the whole store, and then gigglingly went through the checkout lane with some courtesy purchases. I understood at the time that it was a lame joke or even lamer prank, but I didn't stop to think that it was perhaps part of an existing fad.

It's the next Tide Pod craze to be on the news: "Teens Dressed As Dinos, or has Jurassic Park happened? Stay tuned!"

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just wait until FPs come up to book and grab whatever I want because everyone releases everything for pandora/slinky dog/whatever. I like Beaches and Cream but I feel like the hype is kinda a little higher than it should be.

E: Actually the only one eluding me this time around is freakin Garden Grill of all things.

I have no great love of B&C, but one of the people I'm going with has a serious ice cream addiction and she's seen pics of the sundaes they serve. We couldn't not go there.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I have no great love of B&C, but one of the people I'm going with has a serious ice cream addiction and she's seen pics of the sundaes they serve. We couldn't not go there.

Yeah, in that case you're basically required

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Funkmaster General posted:

The T-Rex costume has been a low key meme thing for probably a couple years now. I think it's just due to the fact that it looks patently ridiculous and doubly so when people are waddling around. It's definitely at the phase where it went from 'Funny thing becomes Meme' to the 'Dummies think it's funny cause it Meme'.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Speaking of fun random things, headed back in February- group of friends all headed to Beach Club. Did up our dining this weekend - Tiffin’s, Citricos, Yachtsman, and Cali Grill brunch. Gonna do Keys to the Kingdom and hit up TSL. Under 180 to go and counting!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Well looks well Disney World is removing plastic straws. Yay for the environment? Downside. They’ve also removed plastic lids. Apparently Cosmic Rays today was basically a revolving massacre of massive drink spills. Past the point of inconvenience and towards actively really loving up their ability to serve.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That sounds horrible. I wonder if anyone at Disney knows you can buy compostable cup lids.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

They really should have seen that coming.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anyone picking up one of those Splash Mountain Funko’s? I’m seeing the line is super super long for one and already there’s people buying the max amount of them (limit 10 per person) so expect disgusting prices for them on eBay for rn.

Ugh.

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/1033350259831971843?s=21

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 25, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh I want one. Hope they end up like the Figment ones

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
They need to jump on the Starbucks lids that don’t require a straw. That sounds like a nightmare.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Imagining how packed Cosmic Rays is + no lids... :psyduck:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Some kid is going to slip and euthanize himself or herself because of that stupidity.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney must love all this as they can save so much money on not getting straws or lids

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do any of you guys have copies of the Operating Procuderes for rides that leaked a few years ago? I have some that a friend gave me and while really cool (mr toads) it’s not the ones I really want to see (spaceship earth or splash mountain)
?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Did anyone listen to the most recent Disney Dish where they talked about the Millenium Falcon ride and the problems associated with having 6 randos be a team together when any one of them individually can screw it up for the group? Lol, reminds me of Overwatch. Guests are gonna get very mad at each other.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m still convinced it’s going to be on rails with only a very limited freedom of moving.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

I’m still convinced it’s going to be on rails with only a very limited freedom of moving.

This. Your “decisions” that affect the ending will probably be more akin to a decision tree rather than a skill based system that results in winning or losing.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Pilot or feed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The demo NVIDIA showed was only partially on rails. The pilot still had to fly out of a hangar, but it was a mostly straight line. They even went so far as to have physics models for everything like rows of AT-ATs that could be knocked over, which would be useless processing power if it was just a Choose Your Path game.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

The demo NVIDIA showed was only partially on rails. The pilot still had to fly out of a hangar, but it was a mostly straight line. They even went so far as to have physics models for everything like rows of AT-ATs that could be knocked over, which would be useless processing power if it was just a Choose Your Path game.

I don’t mean that there will literally be a couple choices to make every now and then and everything else is fully automatic, but more that what you do will not affect the end result, save for a couple major choices. So knocking over the AT-ATs (or not) probably won’t affect the overall experience or ending, unless it specifically counts as one of the major decision trees.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the "real" Millennial Falcon ride is gonna be the digital version of that loving yeti

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

the "real" Millennial Falcon ride is gonna be the digital version of that loving yeti

they're gonna put a strobe light on the star wars land sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does anyone remember how this worked for the Pirates ride at DisneyQuest? I remember there was one person steering the ship. Could they just troll the poo poo out of everyone else by avoiding conflict?