Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

good that we have the fundamentals covered here in Toronto

(pardon the reflection)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/machiavelli14/status/1032449969259610112

some totally real people are furious that the other nazis are excluded from the conservative meet n greet

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/machiavelli14/status/1032449969259610112

some totally real people are furious that the other nazis are excluded from the conservative meet n greet

Oh please let Reform 2.0 happen. I fear it would would be too good for hellworld, or alternatively, they would win somehow.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like how both conservatives and liberals fall for Trudeau's "Harper with a smile" gimmick.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Subjunctive posted:

good that we have the fundamentals covered here in Toronto

(pardon the reflection)

One of my neighbours had the old-school "9/11 was an inside job" infowars sticker up until a month ago. I wonder what happened.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like how both conservatives and liberals fall for Trudeau's "Harper with a smile" gimmick.

I think it's effective because it's true, he's basically a placeholder similar to Ignatieff. It'll be Fordmania next.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Ignatieff was absolutely not a placeholder the Liberals truly believed he was going to be their savior.

The Liberals literally could have formed government with NDP / Bloc backing in 2009 but decided not to bother because Ignatieff and his handlers figured they would just cruise into victory at the next general election and they didn't want to deal with a coalition government.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The Liberals have believed that for about every leader except maybe Paul Martin, it doesn't change the fact that Ignatieff was a placeholder. Lots of conservatives love Scheer, but he's likely going to be remembered as a placeholder while the party shifted even further right,

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Canadian data for people born between 1923 and 1955, part of the findings in a new paper released through the CD Howe Institute

8 year difference in life expectancy from 50 between richest and poorest men (vs 14 years in US), 3 for women

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Eat the rich to gain their powers.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

I think it's effective because it's true, he's basically a placeholder similar to Ignatieff. It'll be Fordmania next.

we're currently in the Late Obama era, people are starting to realize that trudeau is full of poo poo but are going to move rightward again despite the fact that right-wing policy is what's causing their problems in the first place

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Yinlock posted:

we're currently in the Late Obama era, people are starting to realize that trudeau is full of poo poo but are going to move rightward again despite the fact that right-wing policy is what's causing their problems in the first place

It's brutally painful to always be like 5 - 9 years behind the states politically. It's like seeing a car coming barreling towards you, but you can't get out of the way...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

It's brutally painful to always be like 5 - 9 years behind the states politically. It's like seeing a car coming barreling towards you, but you can't get out of the way...

it's more like you can easily get out of the way and have spontaneously developed a mutant superpower that lets you always know where this car is and will be, but the response is to pull up a lawn chair and see how this plays out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

No dude we're still in first-term Obama imo. We've seen the beginning of a right-wing backlash with some electoral victories at lower levels, especially Ford, but the Cons are about to run a boring establishment conservative against him and probably lose, which will give us second-term Obama and pave the way for some businessman with a tan the colour of maple syrup to sweep to power

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait until we're in a drone war with saudi arabia

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I hate Quebec politics because it's so loving hopeless. The only parties with any winning chance are all terrible.

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hate Quebec politics because it's so loving hopeless. The only parties with any winning chance are all terrible.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I love politics because it gifts us with delights such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHl_Oi-u7rs

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It must be against some kind of law for a flag to be that wrinkly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

xtal posted:

It must be against some kind of law for a flag to be that wrinkly

when u just took your backdrop out of the dollar store packaging 5 minutes before filming

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

it's that way by design, voters have been so disenfranchised that the only people who bother voting/running are shits

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If anything, Quebec politics are a clear lesson to anyone who thinks you can organize sustainable left politics around even psuedo-ethnonationalist lines. Eventually it always ends up reactionary.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
On the other hand Quebec Solidaire is pretty much the best political party in Canada that actually has any chance of winning seats and I'd love to be able to throw my vote away for them rather than the NDP.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

On the other hand Quebec Solidaire is pretty much the best political party in Canada that actually has any chance of winning seats and I'd love to be able to throw my vote away for them rather than the NDP.

I heard they got a 3rd seat a few elections ago, have they had a breakout election cycle?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

I heard they got a 3rd seat a few elections ago, have they had a breakout election cycle?

Wiki says they're still on three but their share of the vote has gone up each time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Probably gonna vote for them, but I live in a deep Liberal neighborhood of Montreal.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
let's say you're tired of the liberals' scuminess but you don't want the charter poo poo again, who can you even vote for? lol i guess i'll vote qs once more

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You can always try not voting. As a non-voter I spend the day eating Chinese food like a Jewish person on Christmas.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

DariusLikewise posted:

Reform or Alliance.

Comedy option: Social Credit

social credit default swap

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Yinlock posted:

No but you see the Liberals are left so the solution must be to the right, just like if you accidentally take a left turn the solution is three right turns.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

xtal posted:

Can't wait until we're in a drone war with saudi arabia

this but unironically

im sure we could just give the houthis a few old gc-45s and they'd have riyadh in a week

Moist von Lipwig has issued a correction as of 08:11 on Aug 26, 2018

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dreylad posted:

In this, their most ambitious election yet, they're targeting 6-8 seats.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I've never really followed Quebec politics, but now that my brother lives there I am getting a bit more familiar. I can't help but feel like Quebec politics is to Canadian politics as Canadian politics is to America. Ya got more parties, most are worthless, and trends lag behind.

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Schtaunkhauser/status/1033748278544756741

really can't wait to hear from the supply management :qq: about how we need to save alberta pig farmers :allears:

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
tell us more about how canadian pork is so much better than roided out mutant american pork

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The free market has decided

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
hey infernal machines congrats on being Twitter famous

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what now?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

No but you see the Liberals are left so the solution must be to the right, just like if you accidentally take a left turn the solution is three right turns.

we can only move right or further right, anything else is Leftist Extremism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

did u kno john tory, former head of the ontario PC party and andrew scheer, current head of the Conservaive party are actually leftists?

trufact, i read it on twitter