Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I played XBC1 about four times before it finally clicked, enjoyed it thoroughly up until I got to Mechonis, and then promptly lost all interest when the open and colorful world turned grey and linear, or at least much more restricted in movement. Never finished it after that.

I tried playing XBCX and got extremely turned off by how much more desperately anime it was and the instant they introduced the 12 year old girl who is actually a mechanical genius I returned the game and never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Heath posted:

I tried playing XBCX and got extremely turned off by how much more desperately anime it was and the instant they introduced the 12 year old girl who is actually a mechanical genius I returned the game and never looked back.

You missed some great writing.

"I'm going to eat you annoying potato man."
"Please don't eat annoying potato man!"

x100

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So 20 years from now people who bought the cartridges so they wouldn't have to depend on Nintendo's servers staying online will just be hosed, eh? #shittyfuture

I mean I already buy digital because I don't trust my kid not to lose $60 postage stamps, but sucks to be that guy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Imagined posted:

So 20 years from now people who bought the cartridges so they wouldn't have to depend on Nintendo's servers staying online will just be hosed, eh? #shittyfuture

20 years from now we'll all be hosed my friend

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Fallom posted:

20 years from now we'll all be hosed my friend

Turns out I'm just ahead of the curve.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Twenty years from now poo poo will be cracked to hell and back and nobody will care because we'll be dead playing whatever the hot new gaming consoles are at that time.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I wish Skies of Arcadia was on the Switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Doom has the entire single player on the cart and you have to download the multiplayer.

Wish they'd done this on PS4 to be honest, the game has a nearly 90gb install. Ain't nobody playing DOOM for the multiplayer.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty gear is about a human/demon hybrid known as a gear who feels bad about his role in causing the apocalypse

Got drat this poo poo is bananas, whyyyyyyyyyy

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

s.i.r.e. posted:

Got drat this poo poo is bananas, whyyyyyyyyyy

Fighting game developer French Bread loves English and has no idea what it means

These are the same guys who made Melty Blood, which was later rereleased as Melty Blood: Actress Again

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Melty Blood: Doh it Again

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guy Goodbody posted:

Important news, everyone. The new swimsuit DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 confirms that Tora swims with a t-shirt on

Spoilers in the video, don't watch if you care about such things and haven't played XC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XlRvhwa_A

Tora's shirt got a good laugh out of me, loving hell.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr Cheeto posted:

Fighting game developer French Bread loves English and has no idea what it means

These are the same guys who made Melty Blood, which was later rereleased as Melty Blood: Actress Again

They have to be just messing around, at least if it sounded kind of cool it would be passable but it's just terrible. Do any western devs title their games with bullshit Japanese? Someone should.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Roadie posted:

I want every RPG on Switch. I don’t think I could handle playing one just on the TV these days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's funny that Pyra, Mytgra, and Brighid's swimsuits are basically more conservative than their default outfits

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

They have to be just messing around, at least if it sounded kind of cool it would be passable but it's just terrible. Do any western devs title their games with bullshit Japanese? Someone should.

This was literally every bit of ninja/kung fu/karate media in the 80s and 90s, so yeah!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yeah I've played a ton of RPGs since but I can remember nearly every XC1 plot beat, boss fight, and music track.

im not gonna lie
i actually made a typo in my original post i didnt notice til now
i genuinely meant unengaging rpgs

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

RME posted:

im not gonna lie
i actually made a typo in my original post i didnt notice til now
i genuinely meant unengaging rpgs

Hahaha, well it holds true for me, maybe it's a part of getting older or busier or whatever but XC1 was my last 'favorite' RPG, outside of maybe SMT 4 / Apocalypse

Also Poppi's Nopon inner tube rules, holy poo poo!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot of it is expansion pass stuff, granted, but it's kinda crazy how much stuff has gotten crammed into XB2 post-launch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Motto posted:

A lot of it is expansion pass stuff, granted, but it's kinda crazy how much stuff has gotten crammed into XB2 post-launch.

For like thirty bucks.

It’s an insane value.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
How is prison architect as just a sim builder? Not interested in doing story stuff.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

For like thirty bucks.

It’s an insane value.

Yeah, but when I saw the upcoming DLC is going to be a sure-to-be-feel-bad prequel starring the animacho FFXV rejects, I finally realized I can't stand XC2 and will never play it again after 300 hours of mindless character grinding.
Also, the swimsuits for female characters is revolting on the worst anime level as any Senran Kagura tittyfest.

I also don't think XCX is salvageable.

Douglas Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 25, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Yeah, but when I saw the upcoming DLC is going to be a sure-to-be-feel-bad prequel starring the macho FFXV rejects, I finally realized I can't stand XC2 and will never play it again after 300 hours of mindless character grinding.

To bad it’s really good. Definitely my favorite switch game. I am super excited for Torna

Ys8 is my second.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Sudden Javelin posted:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Transat/Air_Transat_Airbus_A330-200_V2.php

Nope, unfortunately. I've got a USB port at my seat but I don't have a cable to take advantage of that

Buy a USB C cable.

Or bring a large Mophie battery with you. I played 9 hours from Zurich to Chicago.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Also, the swimsuits for female characters is revolting on the worst anime level as any Senran Kagura tittyfest.

Pyra/Mythra's is about as goofy as their default, but most look about as normal as the dudes'.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Motto posted:

Pyra/Mythra's is about as goofy as their default, but most look about as normal as the dudes'.

Yeah if you think they are on the level of SK, you don’t know much about SK.

For swimsuit DLC they are surprising chaste.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Healbot posted:

Tora's shirt got a good laugh out of me, loving hell.

Toro is such a wonderful terrible character

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

They're mostly fairly conservative one-pieces? There weren't even any bikinis

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What game is your av from, Guy? looks dope

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ignite Memories posted:

What game is your av from, Guy? looks dope

Did it just change? Pretty sure that says Snake Pass which I heard was pretty good and what started the Switch Home Icon thing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

switch home icon thing? is that where people require the icon to have text for some reason?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They want text because certain games have abstract icons, and unless you physically move the cursor over a game, especially while looking at the complete library, you won't know what game it is.

Like look at Sonic mania. When Sega ages starts releasing Sonic games, there's a chance we get multiple sonic head icons. It's something super simple to fix, and is something nintendo suggests in their icon guidelines. They don't enforce them because they're not trying to cramp devs style, but like the other poster said, the snake pass icon is better for the change.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah if you think they are on the level of SK, you don’t know much about SK.

For swimsuit DLC they are surprising chaste.

:goonsay:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What.

Wouldn’t finding a one piece racy be the goonsay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The new dyk gaming video explains really well why advance wars is dead. Every entry we got in the west was cancelled for japanese release for a number of dumb nintendo circumstances despite having full japanese translations in the game files so what we think of as classic games were either years late or non existent in japan because of dumbo poo poo like AW going gold too soon after gameboy wars 3 launched and stuff like that.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Roadie posted:

Same, and Phantasy Star Online

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I have never hunted a mon before but I played the monster hunter demo last night and I extremely dont get it. Is the full version going to have a tutorial so I can know what the hell I'm doing?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Reality Loser posted:

I have never hunted a mon before but I played the monster hunter demo last night and I extremely dont get it. Is the full version going to have a tutorial so I can know what the hell I'm doing?

Yes, for some reason MH demos aren’t actually aimed at new players

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Reality Loser posted:

ehhh, it'll ease you into it abit but if you wanna know how the gameplay of a weapon works you're gonna have to look up a video online

it's kinda like a fighting game in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm so drat stoked for Phantasy Star 1 with an automap. If they release the first four with some quality of life upgrades I will be in heaven.

• Locked thread