Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

And? He doesn't have a controlling share. What's the problem here?

Racist hill-people control an additional 30%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The crazy thing about Papa John is that this is the second time they've removed him from an executive position, and he STILL has another to fall back on already in place, instead of a demotion. It makes me wonder how many different titles did the man give himself as he built up his lovely pizza empire, and what do you want to bet he's collected paychecks for each of them the entire time?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also, this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.157f5af4ab31

quote:

Matthew Heimbach, the 26-year-old chairman of the Traditionalist Workers Party, a white nationalist group, said he will keep having Papa John's delivered to his local chapter meetings in Paoli, Ind.

"Condemn us all you want, but we will continue to buy your pizza to support your struggle against the politically correct agenda," Heimbach told The Washington Post. "We have to prove that we are a reliable economic, social and political bloc within American politics."

Endorsing brands such as Papa John's, he said, "provides a platform for us to spread our message so folks will know what we stand for, go to our websites and possibly join us."

In Alexandria last week, Mosley and his white nationalist buddies drove to Papa John's to pick up two pizzas — pepperoni and meat lovers. For security reasons, they did not want pizza delivered to the home of Richard Spencer, who, as president of the National Policy Institute, a white nationalist think tank, has received death threats.

They gathered in Spencer's living room and — some for the first time — dug into slices of Papa John's.

"It doesn't matter what it tastes like," Mosley said. "It's the official pizza of the alt-right."

Then they washed it down with Yuengling beer.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

Then they washed it down with Yuengling beer.

Noooooo!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yuengling's owner is a union-busting Republican CHUD, sadly.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

NOOOoooOooo!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Did you guys miss the 2016 event when Donnie himself visited one of their plants despite him being a teetotaler? and the only drug he does is diet pills and coke?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Even Papa John himself told those guys to gently caress off with that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was sad to find out that the Samuel Adams owner is pro-Trump.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

gently caress

I live within reasonable driving distance of the brewery, too, I wanted to do a tour.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Fun fact: Matthew Heimbach is from Maryland. The reason he currently lives in Paoli is that he was so unfuckable he entered into an arranged marriage with the daughter of a local white supremacist he met over the internet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Not even the Yuenglings survived.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

I was sad to find out that the Samuel Adams owner is pro-Trump.

I think you will find that most people have a political leaning, products however usually dont. To condemn a whole company comprised of many many people of varied beliefs because of the owner is short sighted and says more about you than him. Not you specifically, the general "you"

they also make delicious racist ice cream

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Aug 26, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fauxtool posted:

I think you will find that most people have a political leaning, products however usually dont. To condemn a whole company comprised of many many people of varied beliefs because of the owner is short sighted and says more about you than him. Not you specifically, the general "you"

Incorrect.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you don’t want to be hurt by anti‐racist boycotts, don’t work for a racist.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

Exactly, if you dont want to be raped, dress conservatively. If you dont want to be deported dont enter illegally.
Its all so black and white, i wish I had known about this sooner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What the gently caress, dude?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually if you dont want to be hurt by anti-racist boycotts dont do anything because they have never been effective on either side of the political spectrum. Remember how the chick fil a boycott went?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Hoo boy, a meltdown. :munch:

Papa John's is hosed and they're gonna be the Chick-fil-A of pizza if they can't rebrand and weasel their way outta Mr Johnny himself.

Actually, is it possible to kick him out of the company for good?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fauxtool posted:

actually if you dont want to be hurt by anti-racist boycotts dont do anything because they have never been effective on either side of the political spectrum. Remember how the chick fil a boycott went?

If they’re so ineffective, why do you care?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Rich white people are often racists, news at 11.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fauxtool posted:

Exactly, if you dont want to be raped, dress conservatively. If you dont want to be deported dont enter illegally.
Its all so black and white, i wish I had known about this sooner

Please continue

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fauxtool posted:

Nice meltdown.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fauxtool posted:

I don't actually. Could you tell us more about it?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fauxtool posted:

If your gonna do this don’t just flail about, pick and argument and stick with it.

Don’t make two arguments that conflict with each other.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Meltdown over beer lol

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's not even good beer

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Platystemon posted:

It’s turned into “don’t be the child of a guy who said something racist 30 years ago, before you were even born.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/conor-daly-loses-lilly-diabetes-sponsorship-father-admitted-using-racial-slur-1980s-213803314.html

I for one am excited about the possibilities offered by bringing back crimes of attainder.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's weird the poo poo people step up to defend. Oh no, think of the huge pizza company!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phanatic posted:

It’s turned into “don’t be the child of a guy who said something racist 30 years ago, before you were even born.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/conor-daly-loses-lilly-diabetes-sponsorship-father-admitted-using-racial-slur-1980s-213803314.html

I for one am excited about the possibilities offered by bringing back crimes of attainder.

Yeah sure dogged defender of Milo Badtoucheropoulos whatever you say.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phanatic posted:

It may be cold, but it’s not dumb.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

umalt posted:

Papa John's is hosed and they're gonna be the Chick-fil-A of pizza if they can't rebrand and weasel their way outta Mr Johnny himself.

I don't know about where you live, but that's worked out pretty loving good for Chick-fil-a around here. They've got a packed out parking lot and drive through lines around the building literally from open til close.

There are a lot of Christian bigots who very strongly believe in their message and support it with their wallets.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like chick FIL a always charges like a dollar too much for everything. Welp that’s my contribution thanks for reading

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

I feel like chick FIL a always charges like a dollar too much for everything. Welp that’s my contribution thanks for reading
Hey you gotta pay your roving anti-gay death squads somehow.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I saw a woman who is fairly liberal talking about how much she loves Chick A Fila in a YouTube video and she pretty much never mentions the whole controversy thing. It's pretty much a 'past' thing even for non-homophobes now.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
The Papa John thing pretty much boils down to the guy using the N bomb discussing why it's not ok to say ever, right?

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

The MSJ posted:

I saw a woman who is fairly liberal talking about how much she loves Chick A Fila in a YouTube video and she pretty much never mentions the whole controversy thing. It's pretty much a 'past' thing even for non-homophobes now.

Yeah, the outrage over Chick Fil A was nothing compared to the alluring power of an above average fast food sandwich.

Though since they don't even have any locations in my state, my choice not to buy their stuff isn't actually accomplishing anything, either.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I think people figure gay marriage has passed so hey let bygones be bygones.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hear that their sauce is good or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

I hear that their sauce is good or something.

yeah but they still need to be able to marry