Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

You missed some great writing.

"I'm going to eat you annoying potato man."
"Please don't eat annoying potato man!"

x100

Tatsu is here to serve not BE served!

E: Though man, XBX really fixed the exploration itch for me.

Roadie posted:

I wish Skies of Arcadia was on the Switch.

:yeah:

Did they fix the gatcha stuff in Xenoblade 2? I'm thinking of restarting my game as I'm pretty lost, also I gave Rex rare blades which apparently was a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Leal posted:

E: Though man, XBX really fixed the exploration itch for me.

:yeah:

Did they fix the gatcha stuff in Xenoblade 2? I'm thinking of restarting my game as I'm pretty lost, also I gave Rex rare blades which apparently was a bad thing.

Fixed is a strong word but they did make it easier to deal with.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
XCX helped me realize I don’t much care about exploring a world if I hate everyone and everything in it

Probably explains why I don’t get out much

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theyre fixing the gatch in XBC2 by making the stand alone expansion which is basically XBC3 just not have them. The main game is still tainted with their sin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

XCX helped me realize I don’t much care about exploring a world if I hate everyone and everything in it

:thunk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How could you dislike such great characters, like Murdress, the lady who loves murdering people?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a big fan of games where I go to the trouble of creating my player character and make them look cool, but they're not actually the protagonist.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tales of Vesperia Switch is on amazon preorder. If you have prime their 20% discount is going away in a few days.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Do we know what the controller set up for Smash is going to be?

I have 2 joycon sets, which works great for 4 person family Mario Kart, but if that isn’t going to cut it, I need to start budgeting for that now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It will certainly work with a single joy con. Might not be a very enjoyable experience though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Thanks for steering be towards getting Mario + Rabbids thread. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm also really surprised at how little the rabbids annoy me. In fact they are kind of adorable and i like them?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would assume if a Wii Remote is enough for Brawl and 4, a single Joy-Con will do fine. Especially with how Nintendo likes leaning into sharing joycons for multiplayer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Roydrowsy posted:

I have 2 joycon sets, which works great for 4 person family Mario Kart, but if that isn’t going to cut it, I need to start budgeting for that now.

Buy GameCube controllers. You can use them with other games on Switch too this time.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 26, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

rabbids own. put rabbids in smash goddammit.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roydrowsy posted:

Nothing has been announced yet but Smash Bros For Wii U had every option imaginable, including Classic Controllers plugged into Wiimotes, so it's fairly safe to say a single Joycon per person will work.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they haven't changed the control scheme for smash u at all and a single joycon definitely has enough buttons

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What would be really awesome is if they somehow added Wiimote support into Ultimate because I have a couple of Hori Gamecube-style classic controllers left from Smash 4 but I'm not holding my breath.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

The new dyk gaming video explains really well why advance wars is dead. Every entry we got in the west was cancelled for japanese release for a number of dumb nintendo circumstances despite having full japanese translations in the game files so what we think of as classic games were either years late or non existent in japan because of dumbo poo poo like AW going gold too soon after gameboy wars 3 launched and stuff like that.

those idiot fuckers, just give me advance wars awakening already

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

How could you dislike such great characters, like Murdress, the lady who loves murdering people?

Murderess owns because of the scene where she points a gun at and you are given the option to be like "oh there's something behind us" only for her to go "nope I'm actually pointing a gun at you" and then later where you can't advance her story until you complete the someone else's story just so you can suggest that someone is impersonating the Murderess to frame her for murder only for her to go "nope I actually murdered those people"

It's so stupid and I love it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

The new dyk gaming video explains really well why advance wars is dead. Every entry we got in the west was cancelled for japanese release for a number of dumb nintendo circumstances despite having full japanese translations in the game files so what we think of as classic games were either years late or non existent in japan because of dumbo poo poo like AW going gold too soon after gameboy wars 3 launched and stuff like that.

That loving sucks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

Murderess owns because of the scene where she points a gun at and you are given the option to be like "oh there's something behind us" only for her to go "nope I'm actually pointing a gun at you" and then later where you can't advance her story until you complete the someone else's story just so you can suggest that someone is impersonating the Murderess to frame her for murder only for her to go "nope I actually murdered those people"

It's so stupid and I love it.

Yeah she rules. I love obviously evil characters, especially when you can just constantly give them the benefit of the doubt for no reason, that poo poo is hilarious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So it seems like the Left Shoulder button on my Right Joy-conn isn't being super responsive. I can get it to work but it's not great... Thankfully I really have barely anyone who plays local with me so it won't be much a problem, because I don't want to replace it if everything else is working. Also it's been well over a year now so I imagine the warranty is done.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How would you use a GameCube controller on a Switch?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They made USB adapters for the Wii U that provided GC controller ports. Those are gonna be compatible with the Switch and they'll probably make more.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Super Mario Party is looking really freakin' good! Some new footage includes a new board and showcasing a new mode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Heath posted:

If you don't already have one, Nintendo is rereleasing the USB adapters for gamecube controllers. They are also releasing new gamecube controllers.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Heath posted:

Plug it in to the GameCube controller adapter

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I didn't realize that was a thing. Neat.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So it seems like the Left Shoulder button on my Right Joy-conn isn't being super responsive. I can get it to work but it's not great... Thankfully I really have barely anyone who plays local with me so it won't be much a problem, because I don't want to replace it if everything else is working. Also it's been well over a year now so I imagine the warranty is done.

Yeah, if it's out of warranty, the cost to repair a Joycon is $99, and you have to ship your whole system back, not just the Joycon. Much better/faster/easier just to buy new ones. That way you'll at least have 3 that work?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Thanks for steering be towards getting Mario + Rabbids thread. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm also really surprised at how little the rabbids annoy me. In fact they are kind of adorable and i like them?!

Same here, the rabbids can be really funny and Mario smashing things with a hammer is pretty good. The weapon design seems very Ratchet & Clank, too.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Almost done with Picross 2, can’t seem to figure out two puzzles. Spent about 2 hours on one of them so far. I don’t think there is an actual solution. Also, the mega cross seems stupidly hard and they’re the same as the regular poo poo, no point in doing those.

Any other cool puzzle games that are well polished like this one?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

Yeah, if it's out of warranty, the cost to repair a Joycon is $99, and you have to ship your whole system back, not just the Joycon. Much better/faster/easier just to buy new ones. That way you'll at least have 3 that work?

I called Nintendo recently and they told me it was $39 to repair an out of warranty joycon.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I called Nintendo recently and they told me it was $39 to repair an out of warranty joycon.

Just telling you what they told me. :iiam:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Joycon cost $40 though :confused:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Joycon cost $40 though :confused:

I know. That’s why I didn’t do it.:lol:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's probably somehow better margins to sell a new one than repair a broken one

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Heath posted:

Cost of labor I can only imagine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Heath posted:

There's been at least one hardware revision to fix the dodgy left ones from when the console launched, so it really does mean replacing it altogether either way in this case.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Can't say I'm a fan of Little Dragons Cafe. The loading screens are out of control. There's a loading screen after just about everything you do. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just a black screen with "now loading" every time it loads.

Only played it for 1-2 hours which probably isn't long enough to get a fair idea about the game, but nothing was really pulling me in. You gather ingredients and recipe pieces in the world, you have to feed your dragon and customers. You make food with a lame quick time event thing. Feeding your dragon certain foods will eventually change it's color I guess... I'm mildly curious to know how the dragon stuff ends up being, but not enough to keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like just about anything else made by "The guy who made Harvest Moon"

• Locked thread