Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RasperFat posted:

I knew it was coming, but the sloppy knob jobs McCain is getting on social media from “the resistance” is gross.

It’s just endless, “I’m a liberal, but McCain is a true American patriot and hero, and Republicans should all be like him.” Even literal calls to build/replace statues with McCain.

It’s just fascinating to watch liberals bend over backwards to praise a warmongering fascist POS like the “maverick”.

We shouldn’t harass the McCain family or anything while they’re grieving, but there’s no loving reason to lionize this man who should be viewed as a historical monster.

Just in case anyone forgot what McCain was really all about :

People should remind these #residence idiots what McCain had to say about the Clinton family. It was way more disgusting than most anything from the BERNIEBROS.

It's funny since he's polling better with Democrats right now than Republicans which shows that a slick media campaign is just as effective against them as it is with Republicans if you sell someone a certain way (Respectful and Dignified). McCain's facade that he's this principled and honorable guy is one of the greatest lies in Washington. Anything that shakes up the morons trying to show how great they are at reaching across the aisle's sensibilities is a good thing. That Onion article really brought together a good display of who you should NOT pay attention to since they aren't reporting reality.

The dumbest takes are the people saying "well I disagree with his political decisions but you have to respect his class and honor" when that's a load of bullshit. He was proto-Trump in his lack of respect for people and his repulsive behavior.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ego-bot posted:

I think the plan was to send 'gaffy Joe' out to do the interview and see how his support for gay marriage played out. It went fine, so Obama soon after came out in support as well. If it didn't go over well, Biden would've likely been thrown under the bus by the administration.

I don’t think it was planned because Biden hosed up Obama’s timing. Obama had some big opportunity for a speech a few months later that was ruined because he had to admit to not being a homophobe earlier than Obama wanted.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

:eng99:

It’s like the Republican “joke” that liberals are so touchy feely they would hug and defend Hitler.

Then it turned out the Republican’s were the real Hitler all along and the Dems did exactly that.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There's probably some alternate universe where McCain didn't get shot down and captured, and continued to be promoted past his level of competence to be an Admiral like his daddy and grandpappy

that guy is probably way more respectable than this timeline's McCain

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/rubycramer/status/1033403656488595461

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's good news

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:frogsiren: we just won the mother loving superdelegate vote

efb you making GBS threads me

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Wow that's great. I really thought this was going to go the other way, in spite of all the "it's in the bag" reporting over the last few days.

(Then again, I'm half expecting Crowley to keep his seat in November, so maybe not the best barometer for this sort of thing.)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RasperFat posted:

It’s just endless, “I’m a liberal, but McCain is a true American patriot and hero, and Republicans should all be like him.”

Well I do agree with the dying of brain cancer bit.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Wow that's great. I really thought this was going to go the other way, in spite of all the "it's in the bag" reporting over the last few days.

(Then again, I'm half expecting Crowley to keep his seat in November, so maybe not the best barometer for this sort of thing.)

Yeah I was generally expecting this to get shot down, but then hearing hacks like (I think) Dean and Kaine say they supported it gave me hope.

I think we're safe from Crowley unless something personal comes out against AOC that either is big or gets blown out of proportion, if he seriously campaigns just 'cause I think even the DNC knows that will probably break the party.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crowley's initial plan was to fly under the radar, assume AOC wouldn't point out his shittiness because of decorum, then once the media did their job slandering her and making her look like an inexperienced idiot swoop in to save the district. The problem is she called him on his poo poo early so now he can't do it and pretend that he had simply no thought of doing so and the media's attempts to make her look bad are just drawing more attention to the good points of her platform.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hope mccain's death is agonizing

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Potato Salad posted:

:frogsiren: we just won the mother loving superdelegate vote

efb you making GBS threads me

Until they reverse it in two months.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Yes, we stripped superdelegates of their power. But now we have special delegates!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

i hope mccain's death is agonizing

if he's in hospice then he's dosed to the gills with morphine and ativan

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lambert posted:

Yes, we stripped superdelegates of their power. But corporations are people and get to vote as superpeople!

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/dburbach/status/1033393296473825281

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Show of hands, who didn't see this coming?

Oh, everyone did?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Wow, it's almost like they don't care about the rule of law.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:psyduck:

what the gently caress

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

:psyduck:

what the gently caress

It's been going on for a while now. The governor also ran as a Democrat and switched parties after the election.

In fairness what the justices are being accused of is some pretty heavy duty embezzlement and misuse of state funds (and sounds like they're all guilty), but the way it's being handled is nothing short of a coup

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Republicans don't have a consistent belief system beyond the classical more for me, gently caress you. Also he just died, :rip: in peace.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

In fairness what the justices are being accused of is some pretty heavy duty embezzlement and misuse of state funds (and sounds like they're all guilty), but the way it's being handled is nothing short of a coup

This is going to make it hard for me to moralize to myself about jerks but I will take you're word for it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
McCain died. Good.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

McCain died. Good.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

It's been going on for a while now. The governor also ran as a Democrat and switched parties after the election.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Everything about this is pathetic.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can I be deeply concerned about McCain's health now?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is the traditional cuisine of West Virginia Lender's bagels, turkey on white bread with mayo, (squints) bacon-wrapped hot dogs and hard lumps of coal?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Is the traditional cuisine of West Virginia Lender's bagels, turkey on white bread with mayo, (squints) bacon-wrapped hot dogs and hard lumps of coal?

It's poo poo.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
That's a bill that has some kind of poo poo on it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lightning Knight posted:

McCain died. Good.

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1033516711201386502
Man, he could have just...said nothing...

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

No one in congress can fully escape brainworms, sadly

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Bernie doesn't appear to be capable of spite or malice, though I'm surprised he didn't work 'though we disagreed on much' in there.

The country is a tiny bit less lovely than it was two hours ago :unsmith:

e: second reply to that tweet is the most accurate thing: I too hope Kissinger is next.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Bernie doesn't appear to be capable of spite or malice, though I'm surprised he didn't work 'though we disagreed on much' in there.

The country is a tiny bit less lovely than it was two hours ago :unsmith:

e: second reply to that tweet is the most accurate thing: I too hope Kissinger is next.

Yeah, I'm not expecting pols to dance on his grave or call him an evil man, but it would be nice for them to at least not actively praise that monster. Like I said, he could have just said nothing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's political kayfabe. Bernie can't shitpost about the dead because the vast majority of Americans still have this stupid view that mocking the dead is (almost) never to be done.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

King of Solomon posted:

Man, he could have just...said nothing...

Meh. It is what it is.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

lol:

"And now we've reached the pinnacle of absurd political props.

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (D) unveiled an actual plate of bovine droppings at the state capitol on Thursday. Or, as he put it, a plate of B.S.

'We don’t have a nothing burger today,' Justice said, uncovering the first of three silver platters, this one containing a sad, empty hamburger bun. 'And we don’t have a mayonnaise sandwich,' he said, revealing — you guessed it — a mayonnaise sandwich.

'We all should take ownership for this,” he then said, “but what we have is nothing more than bunch of political bull you-know-what.' "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.3606a2dbc326

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

A man of decency who sang little ditties about mass murdering foreigners in their beds at night

• Locked thread