Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

A man of decency who sang little ditties about mass murdering foreigners in their beds at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

John McCain, disturbed deeply today, age 81

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1033538876370046977

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gah why is no one safe from decorum brainworms

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

Because no one is gonna remember someone saying something nice about somebody lovely who just died but everyone will remember if you say something mean.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

Because no one is gonna remember someone saying something nice about somebody lovely who just died but everyone will remember if you say something mean.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1033515782091821061

it's possible to not be lovely without being obsequious

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

loving A, this isn't hard.

But big thanks to DaveWoo for constantly reminding us how scared he is of Cortez, I hope she haunts your nightmares.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

it's possible to not be lovely without being obsequious

I mean, I agree, I wish they just said “condolences and prayers to his family” or whatever but I also don’t really care about a tweet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, I agree, I wish they just said “condolences and prayers to his family” or whatever but I also don’t really care about a tweet.

yea, like, I wish progressives wouldn't join in whitewashing a guy who's main contribution to America has been death and horror but A) it's gonna happen anyway, B) I get that they really don't wanna deal with the Jake Tappers of the world going "HOW DARE" if they don't prostrate themselves enough, and C) I just kinda don't care because I trust them more than I do, say, the average centrist dem who absolutely agreed with McCain that we need to bomb Syria constantly for peace

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Personally I choose not to make light of McCain's death. Not because of decorum, but because of a superstitious fear of getting his brain tumor as punishment.

Its like not whistling when walking past a graveyard. Skeletons have power.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

A preview of the 2030s

"We may disagree on how President Trump served his country in the late 2010s, but during his time on this Earth he served his country according to his steadfast beliefs unwaveringly and inspired many Millenials to follow in his footsteps on the path into politics. I offer condolences to his family and wish them well."

and now back to coverage of Hurricane Bob, the hurricane with the worst possible name and the worst possible wind speed, hitting in the worst possible major cities to be within during a hurricane, with casualties massive enough for it to be said that no one could have predicted them.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 26, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Does what Trump is doing count as serving his country?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Saying nothing is better than sucking off the vile human that was McCain

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Does what Trump is doing count as serving his country?

No, he is serving himself, and he has been using every method possible for sucking American dollars into his bank account since before his time in office, such as requiring the Secret Service to stay in Trump Tower. That won't stop people from rushing to compete in magnanimity by saying otherwise, though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

VitalSigns posted:

No one honestly thinks that any politician is going to talk like a forums poster about a dead politician, right?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lycus posted:

No one honestly thinks that any politician is going to talk like a forums poster about a dead politician, right?

Why does everyone equate saying nothing at all or just giving well wishes to his family to shitposting?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Because the best friend of American Democracy the american tv news industry won't let them get away with saying nothing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/davidklion/status/1033603149662105600?s=21

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm glad mccain's dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

gop gets things done

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Technically I'm going to be an elected official starting in December this year and, well, gently caress John McCain. I'm glad he's dead.

There you go, fellas. Hope it helped.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

on this wonderful day, let us remember john mccain and why his life deserved to end

https://twitter.com/allisongeroi/status/1033522650528800768

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

itt: the pointless circular firing squad

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Uh oh guess AOC and Bernie are Killary now, better completely walk away from everyone in American politics ever, that's the solution to our decorum problem

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Posters of the future: I am creating this post in August 2018 so I may quote it when someone in USPOL or succzone inevitably tries to use AOC's McCain tweet to imply, without a shred of shame or irony, that she's centrist or imperialistic.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Potato Salad posted:

Uh oh guess AOC and Bernie are Killary now, better completely walk away from everyone in American politics ever, that's the solution to our decorum problem

We are allowed to bitch when otherwise favorable politicians do dumb or unhelpful things.

e: removed part I was wrong about

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 26, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Technically I'm going to be an elected official starting in December this year and, well, gently caress John McCain. I'm glad he's dead.

There you go, fellas. Hope it helped.

Cool.

Please pass it on to us when they tell you the truth about the aliens and JFK assassination

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

I understand why people who are running for office and need the votes of the mainstream moron have a strong incentive to be nice and decorumy, since low information voters only know what attack ads tell them.

But I am never going to hold public office so I am glad there's one less Republican on Earth.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/Beschizza/status/1033519881268940806

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Potato Salad posted:

Are we not allowed to criticize our sacred cows? Or should we only blindly follow them?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Potato Salad posted:

Posters of the future: I am creating this post in August 2018 so I may quote it when someone in USPOL or succzone inevitably tries to use AOC's McCain tweet to imply, without a shred of shame or irony, that she's centrist or imperialistic.

I wish they were in the center

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/JohnMcCancer/status/1033530876313968640

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Criticizing your leaders is crimethink, you want to be a doubleplusgood duckspeaker don't you Winston?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

:wow:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

:discourse:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The entire concept of a "circular firing squad" is dumb, because there is zero evidence that such a thing actually causes any net harm (or at least causes more harm than people who try to encourage false "unity").

The only explanation I've ever been able to come up with for people who complain about that sort of thing is that they just flat-out disagree that the thing people are condemning is bad, but lack the bravery to directly make that argument.

edit: If anything, it is heartening how so many on the left won't excuse dumb poo poo even if it's coming from someone like Sanders or AOC or whatever.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 26, 2018

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"quite tearing the party apart!" i shout before i go full maga chud in 2020 after sanders gets the nomination

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"The BernieBros are a cult that think Saint Sanders can do no wrong and never criticize Dear Leader, they can't even see reality!"
later
"BernieBros criticized Bernie for doing something wrong, circular firing squad! Now Republicans are gonna win, when will the Bros learn to close ranks around politicians no matter what!"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 26, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That reminds me, did Bernie ever stop being awful on guns?

Edit: I hadn’t seen the shooting clip in the other thread when I posted this. Holy poo poo. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bernie is right about guns.

• Locked thread