Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Preen Dog posted:

So you can't even consider that realpolitik rules, even when if you don't like it?

Good night.

That's not what realpolitik means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

That's a lot of words, but as far as I can tell, they say absolutely nothing. Are you a marketing consultant or something? You're approaching a literal genocide based on which one has the better-funded propaganda operation?

Preen Dog stirkes me as the sort of person who values being unique and thinking of things in a "different" way, but isn't actually smart enough to do those things and instead just rambles while impulsively interspersing things that sound edgy or badass (to them), like the "it's like reality TV" stuff.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Preen Dog posted:

TLDR; just watch it burn, no reason to get invested. It's all very interesting.

Please, continue to tell us how smart and above the fray you are. :allears:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ytlaya posted:

Preen Dog stirkes me as the sort of person who values being unique and thinking of things in a "different" way, but isn't actually smart enough to do those things and instead just rambles

Yeah pretty much this

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Ytlaya posted:

Preen Dog stirkes me as the sort of person who values being unique and thinking of things in a "different" way, but isn't actually smart enough to do those things and instead just rambles while impulsively interspersing things that sound edgy or badass (to them), like the "it's like reality TV" stuff.

There's a certain kind of person for whom sociopathic detachment is the ultimate perspective on life. If you have no convictions, you can never be on the losing side, after all. I suppose it's the logical conclusion of mocking people for caring about things, but it's ultimately a denial of basic humanity in an effort to elevate oneself above everyone else.

Mainly it's just pathetic and creepy, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Viscardus posted:

There's a certain kind of person for whom sociopathic detachment is the ultimate perspective on life. If you have no convictions, you can never be on the losing side, after all. I suppose it's the logical conclusion of mocking people for caring about things, but it's ultimately a denial of basic humanity in an effort to elevate oneself above everyone else.

Well, it's not actually sociopathic detachment though. It's more like imitating some pop-culture concept of "the detached badass who says things that offend others but are actually wise and correct."

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Mattress posted:

Nobody, nobody has any reason to fire missiles at a zoo and to shoot caged lions. The people who choose to do that are irredeemable psychopathic monsters. That they then choose to do some concern trolling about animals accidentally killed by an uncontrolled fire just shows the depth of their depravity.

An explosion could put a hole in the cage, allowing the lions to escape and possibly attack soldiers, so in that case killing the lions makes sense.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Preen Dog posted:

Saying there's no point comparing them morally because only their consequences matter. Though I am curious why they would waste the zoo animals.

Because they are terrorists who terrorize.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qkkl posted:

An explosion could put a hole in the cage, allowing the lions to escape and possibly attack soldiers, so in that case killing the lions makes sense.

How does exploding a zoo make sense in the first place, you bloodthirsty monster craving for gratuitous destruction?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Mattress posted:

How does exploding a zoo make sense in the first place, you bloodthirsty monster craving for gratuitous destruction?

The IDF could have been fighting Hamas in close quarters in the zoo and throwing grenades at each other, which could have exploded a hole in a lion cage.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Preen Dog is a markov chain bot can I collect my five bucks now

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

We really should remove Fight Club from our AI learning data sources. Maybe we can go ahead and remove South Park while we're at it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

qkkl posted:

The IDF could have been fighting Hamas in close quarters in the zoo and throwing grenades at each other, which could have exploded a hole in a lion cage.

lol

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Viscardus posted:

You're describing neoliberalism.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cat Mattress posted:

They saw a brown kid visiting the zoo, and the rest is history

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
There can be no economic activity or happiness in Palestinian areas, therefore the zoo gets blown up

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

qkkl posted:

is this too long to be new thread title?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/1030741831234072576

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
gently caress that, you think you've heard enough crazy bad poo poo happening there, but there is always more

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What's going on there? I've never watched any of these videos and I don't intend to start now.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's a video of this incident from last year.

In news, longtime journalist and peace activist Uri Avnery has passed away 3 weeks short of his 95th birthday. He's long said that he's kept alive by the belief that he'll see peace between Israelis and Palestinians in his lifetime. Guess that was not to be. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 20, 2018

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh boy

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gil_Hoffman/status/1033400352975020032

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Wow, that'll.. teach? them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Wait, what was the US policy beforehand?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wait, what was the US policy beforehand?

Not stating the quiet part out loud.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I've said before that the policy side of the GOP used to understand the local circumstances better than their base, that they just didn't care and still went all in on the Israelis.
While understanding still that it was a nasty ethnic land conflict with an extremely lopsided power differential.

The Trump admin is as dumb and ignorant as the base and does in fact think it's a bunch of hapless Jews in a desert surrounded by pointy teethed bomb covered bedouin raiders going "MWAHAHAHAHAHA".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Grape posted:

I've said before that the policy side of the GOP used to understand the local circumstances better than their base, that they just didn't care and still went all in on the Israelis.
While understanding still that it was a nasty ethnic land conflict with an extremely lopsided power differential.

The Trump admin is as dumb and ignorant as the base and does in fact think it's a bunch of hapless Jews in a desert surrounded by pointy teethed bomb covered bedouin raiders going "MWAHAHAHAHAHA".
A lot of their policy is being driven by Jared Kushner from what I understand. He is a very rabid pro-settlement guy who sides with the more extremist Israeli politicians.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Grape posted:

That’s what liberal supporters of Israel believe too

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There are maybe a handful of elected politicians at the federal level in the US who do not tow the standard ‘Israel needs to be secure’ nonsense like it’s 1967 and the tanks are massing at the border.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1034849460344573952

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Definitely not fascist at all.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

:catstare: holy gently caress

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Satire is dead

edit: actually all i can really think of when i read that vile poo poo was that episode of the office where rainn wilson was reciting that mussolini speech at a conference.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Netanyahu is an anime villain.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Gonna rename the country the Principality of Zion.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Your loving party and its supporters loving cheered when Peres was assassinated.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

VideoGameVet posted:

when Peres was assassinated.

What? Peres wasn't assassinated, he died of a stroke. You're confusing him with Rabin, the PM who actually was assassinated by a right-wing extremist radicalized by (among others) the Likud's rhetoric.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can anyone think of any allies the Palestinians might have once the 3rd intifada gets going? I mean, it looks to me like we could be heading to full on death camp stage of the genocide.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nah, Bennett isn't PM yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Kurnugia posted:

Can anyone think of any allies the Palestinians might have once the 3rd intifada gets going? I mean, it looks to me like we could be heading to full on death camp stage of the genocide.
It’s a short list since apparently now MBS and the Saudis are ready to sell them down the river