Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said it before, but Guardians 3 should be Thor teaming up with them along with Valkyrie, and finding some magicaly do dad that will let them rebuild asgard or something. Also Angela is there too because Thor can then say "How many secret sisters do I have???".

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Asgardians of the Galaxy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Asgardians of the Galaxy
:golfclap:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It was announced 2 months ago.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I guess it writes itself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People were making "rear end-Guardian" jokes back when Asgardian and Hulkling debuted as a couple and it wasn't really funny in that context either.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rhyno posted:

People were making "rear end-Guardian" jokes back when Asgardian and Hulkling debuted as a couple and it wasn't really funny in that context either.

Yeah, butt-guardians works much better

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

It was even cited within the comic itself as the reason he changed his name to Wiccan.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I would really like to see more Thor stuff not-on-earth like the start of Thor 1 and all of Ragnarok. Putting him into GotG is a great idea and actually makes a bit of sense following Avengers IW.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ive only seen two Waititi joints but both just ooze this charm and joy and soul so yes make him do more things

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What we do in the Shadows but instead of vampires, they’re all Asgardians

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

omg chael crash posted:

What we do in the Shadows but instead of vampires, they’re all Ice Giants

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have faith that Waititi and the Guardians actors would do a good job throwing something together even last-minute. Especially if he can get Jemaine Clement to co-write/star as the villain.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

asecondduck posted:

I have faith that Waititi and the Guardians actors would do a good job throwing something together even last-minute. Especially if he can get Jemaine Clement to co-write/star as the villain.

Jemaine in a double role as Warlock and Magus.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

When he does it, it's called a Batista ruptured quad.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Calaveron posted:

Ive only seen two Waititi joints but both just ooze this charm and joy and soul so yes make him do more things

This means you have either missed “What we do in shadows” or “Hunt for the wilderpeople” OR “Thor:Ragnarok” whichever one you have missed... remedy!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople, except Quill is Sam Neill and Thor is the fat kid.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Shawn posted:

This means you have either missed “What we do in shadows” or “Hunt for the wilderpeople” OR “Thor:Ragnarok” whichever one you have missed... remedy!

Hunt for the wilderpeople is the one I've missed. Wwdits is delightful from jump street and Thor ragnarok is amazing

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

He also directed Boy, which is really good and extremely awkward

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Waititi's yet to make a bad film, but cramming him into Guardians of the Galaxy at the last minute in the middle of an incredibly bizzare and hostile situation seems like a good way to do it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think every film Taika Waititi has made is better than any film James Gunn has made. I imagine that trend would continue if he he did Guardians 3.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think every film Waititi has made is so good specifically because he's clearly passionate about them and wants to make them and it would be stupid to take that away.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I think every film Taika Waititi has made is better than any film James Gunn has made.

Eagle Vs Shark is not better than Slither.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Korg supposedly made it through infinity war right

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Calaveron posted:

Korg supposedly made it through infinity war right

Korg and Valkyrie both apparently left on the Grandmaster's ship, I thought I heard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Valkyrie is confirmed, Korg they refuse to say one way or another for some reason.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Arist posted:

Korg and Valkyrie both apparently left on the Grandmaster's ship, I thought I heard.

Huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGmQKmM3NnQ&t=160s

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's like five minutes in between the end of Ragnarok and the start of IW. Valkyrie and Korg aren't in the latter. That's what I'm talking about.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Korg will lead the revolution against thanos

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

Korg will lead the revolution against thanos

Only if he brings enough pamphlets.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well you can cut the number you need in half and the line at kinkos wont be as long anymore, so thats a start

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Korg and Meek on the Guardians would be pretty cool but let's switch it up and just have Guardians 3 be about the original Guardians group that got together at the end of 2.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Isn't Korg voiced by waititi?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scaramouche posted:

Isn't Korg voiced by waititi?

He did the mocap too, I believe.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

When they undust everyone and have their teary heartfelt reunion Korg will reconstitute and Thor will be like "wait, you died?!"

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I like Marvel movies. I like the first two Guardians movies. I would rather have them end gracefully after two good movies than try to force another one amidst this clusterfuck and have it end up being bad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if nothing else, there's a possibility we'll see whether Kevin Feige's much-trumpeted it's-all-connected master-plan for the MCU has any substance to it. :v:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jagermonster posted:

I like Marvel movies. I like the first two Guardians movies. I would rather have them end gracefully after two good movies than try to force another one amidst this clusterfuck and have it end up being bad.

Ideally, GotG3 would start up as a time travel adventure where they found a Mike Thernovich dead by his own hand in the late 90’s before he could rape anyone, collect a check, and go on to go on a galactic adventure.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The bigger issue is that Gunn was set to play an influential part in Marvel productions moving forward. It's not just GotG3 that's being held up here by the firing. Everything's in disarray until they figure out how to sort this whole mess out.

• Locked thread