Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, I'll probably finish real estate and club management before the story ends anyways but drat, I have like 34 hours in this game already and I'm not even halfway through :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, I'll probably finish real estate and club management before the story ends anyways but drat, I have like 34 hours in this game already and I'm not even halfway through :psyduck:
90% completion + climax battles + loving around in NG+ = 139 hours. Even if I take like 10-20 hours off for my habit of leaving the game running while I do other stuff.

NG+ question - you still have all the skills you've unlocked, even if some of them are visually "locked" before you complete the business storyline, right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pmchem posted:

Real estate business... I'm getting started in Leisure district and man, investing in properties seems to have low ROI. I spend 2.2m and the expected take increases by 10% of that, at best. Is there a good way to do this? How do I get rich quick in real estate?

Later areas have higher returns. S-ranking all fifty properties leaves you with total payouts of about a billion & a half yen, not including any manager modifiers.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

widespread posted:

Can't you just bring over a maxed out Kiryu/Majima into NG+ for Legend Difficulty?

Or at the very least unlocked their respective 4th styles.

you can't NG+ legend in 0 (but you can in kiwami, which is weird) that said, legend is fairly easy enough anyway if you've already been through the game once.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

Yup. Just spammed that poo poo through most of the boss rush. They had basically zero counters.
Beast mode is even worse. Particularly those poor bosses that are in rooms with furniture. Even the basic X-X-X-Y just wrecks. Particularly poor Kashiwagi, because the Y is generally considered to be a counter to his flailing.

What I can't figure out is anything worthwhile about Rush.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Xander77 posted:

Beast mode is even worse. Particularly those poor bosses that are in rooms with furniture. Even the basic X-X-X-Y just wrecks. Particularly poor Kashiwagi, because the Y is generally considered to be a counter to his flailing.

it's the best mode for getting heat back from 0 to 1? :shrug:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Xander77 posted:

Rush took a while to grow on me but it's awesome. I think there are a couple bosses with the beast mode style omnidirectional gaurding but most of the time you can just quickstep behind guarding enemies and full combo them-- your hits are doing less damage than in the other styles but since you're almost never getting blocked it feels awesome. Also you can tap L1 with the right timing to just duck attacks instead of blocking them which conserves Heat and lets you avoid some unbkockable attacks. The finishers all kind of suck though and I'll usually switch to another style to spend all the heat I generate in Rush style

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

pmchem posted:

Real estate business... I'm getting started in Leisure district and man, investing in properties seems to have low ROI. I spend 2.2m and the expected take increases by 10% of that, at best. Is there a good way to do this? How do I get rich quick in real estate?

Various properties have lovely returns, but some places have staggering returns. I think you can get like 19mn per cycle from each S-ranked pachinko parlors in the Leisure King area.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wish that properties available for sale would be better indicated.

Also I've missed out on a ton of sidestories since there's little reason to go around the north end of town.

Lmao the ending of the Sugar Daddy substory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLjhFnqYbg

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Just started Kiwami2, got to Sotenburi and oh my god the toylet minigame, I can't believe they put a peeing minigame in this, they are crazy. There's even a device that tell you when your bladder is full, I bet there even is a trophy for doing related stuff. Was it even in OG Yakuza 2 ?
The Yakuza series never fails to surprise me, feels good.
If anyone wondering, talk to the megane-kun right on the left of the entrance to the Sega Club when you start chapter 2.
This is going to be a wild ride.

e: disregard the spoilers, it's been touched in the last pages, sorry. Still.

Zanael fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 27, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ 5 million points in outrun? no thanks I'll eat the hit. Will I have to outrun the Electronics King again, or can I just solve problems with my fists?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jesus christ 5 million points in outrun? no thanks I'll eat the hit. Will I have to outrun the Electronics King again, or can I just solve problems with my fists?

You only have to do it once and if you fail you can solve it with your fists easily. They make the percentage loss for each mini-game battle with them seem like a huge deal but you'll more than make it back just by doing even like one more cycle of the upgrading your properties.

However if you didn't unlock Super Hang-On yet, it's worth playing Outrun in the arcade with Luka in it to max out her friendship and, more importantly, unlock Super Hang-On which is like Outrun but way better in every way. You only have to get 3,000,000 points to do it and it's actually really easy because all you have to do is never brake. Just let go of the gas for a bit instead. If you do that and avoid straight up crashing you'll make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8z4EC_CPms

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*two trucks and a van come down the road all in a row*

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Synthbuttrange posted:

*two trucks and a van come down the road all in a row*

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wish that properties available for sale would be better indicated.

Also I've missed out on a ton of sidestories since there's little reason to go around the north end of town.

Lmao the ending of the Sugar Daddy substory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLjhFnqYbg

Whoever does the blocking for the substories is great:

Like, half of why the turkey story is funny is because of the camera angles

Rardge Rardge
Jan 20, 2017
Yeah, you can just pummel him later. I spent 4 hours on Friday night attempting the 5000,000 pt run... if the it wasn't for Passing Breeze, I would have gone mad.

Additionally, I just finished the 5 Billionaires questline... It is very tedious. Welcome to hell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Real Estate Royale is just less enjoyable than Cabaret Club Czar, even if it does pay way more.

You cant dress your shops up. :(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah, just go have an adventure in between real estate checkins. Invest, go do a substory, collect, invest, repeat.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cabaret Club Czar is fantastic

Rardge Rardge
Jan 20, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah, just go have an adventure in between real estate checkins. Invest, go do a substory, collect, invest, repeat.

Luckily, I did find solace in slot car racing. Virginal Fighter and I are now fast friends.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

the trick to enjoying Yakuza is don't do more than you want, 100%ing these games is a fool's errand

finally got off my rear end and started playing Kiwami, I never played yakuza 1 so the plot is more fresh to me(though I know the basic beats)

pretty good though it does show it's age in some places, especially the super-simple substories which are disappointing after 0's A+ ones. the new ones that are there are good though(like the return of Pocket Circuit). Mesuking's storyline is also fun despite how much the game itself sucks, Anything that involves Kiryu getting way too invested in a children's game is a good time.

does anyone have any solid tips for fighting Bat Majima though, he is a bastard and I can't figure out how to take him down besides damage-racing him with Beast

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Majima becomes easy when you realize just go rush and dodge behind him and do the simple combos.

Switch to the needed style to counter his regen. Go back to rush.

Seriously just get good at dodging to majimas back and hitting him from there.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yinlock posted:

the trick to enjoying Yakuza is don't do more than you want, 100%ing these games is a fool's errand

finally got off my rear end and started playing Kiwami, I never played yakuza 1 so the plot is more fresh to me(though I know the basic beats)

pretty good though it does show it's age in some places, especially the super-simple substories which are disappointing after 0's A+ ones. the new ones that are there are good though(like the return of Pocket Circuit). Mesuking's storyline is also fun despite how much the game itself sucks, Anything that involves Kiryu getting way too invested in a children's game is a good time.

does anyone have any solid tips for fighting Bat Majima though, he is a bastard and I can't figure out how to take him down besides damage-racing him with Beast

just back off and let him do his combo and then go in afterwards-- get behind him with rush so you don't need to bother breaking his guard. and, as you probably know from abusing it during Yakuza 0, just stay the gently caress away from the nunchuck attack lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Majima becomes easy when you realize just go rush and dodge behind him and do the simple combos.

Switch to the needed style to counter his regen. Go back to rush.

Seriously just get good at dodging to majimas back and hitting him from there.

Wait holy gently caress does the color an enemy glows when they enter regen state tell you what style to counter it with? I had no idea why it was sometimes working and sometimes not. If there was a tooltip I skipped through it lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

goferchan posted:

Wait holy gently caress does the color an enemy glows when they enter regen state tell you what style to counter it with?

Yeah, it does.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

goferchan posted:

just back off and let him do his combo and then go in afterwards-- get behind him with rush so you don't need to bother breaking his guard. and, as you probably know from abusing it during Yakuza 0, just stay the gently caress away from the nunchuck attack lol

whenever I do that he just super armors my hits, turns around and beats the crap out of me which is why i'm having trouble

e: also if he so much as touches you he just starts combing you for 5 years which is why I just Beast tank him now because fighting him in rush is super annoying

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 27, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Youda: Thank you Majima, you have saved the cabaret club industry and given us all meaning and purpose in life, and now we can look to a bright future with you at the helm!
Majima: That's right, we will be friends forever!

And then I basically walked out the door and never came back again :sweatdrop:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

To the people at the Grand and Sunshine, Goro just disappeared one day. :smith:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY1Th6Ia3XA

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

He went to get cigarettes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

HEY ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READY FOR YAKUZA GACHA? BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKING YAKUZA ONLINE IS FINALLY HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5z44YCW_E

PRE-REGISTER NOW TO GET A SSR HARUKA! GET YOUR FREE GACHA CURRENCY BRO!

DUE OUT SOMETIME IN 2018 YEAH! PC, IOS, SMARTPHONE! GACHA! ROLL FOR YOUR SSR BIKINI MAJIMA!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I'm sad that I couldn't school this pencil pusher on modern monetary theory.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh huh. I suddenly have half a billion yen not long after I got this zappy gun. Weeeeeird. :iia:

Policenaut posted:

HEY ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READY FOR YAKUZA GACHA? BECAUSE MOTHERFUCKING YAKUZA ONLINE IS FINALLY HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5z44YCW_E

PRE-REGISTER NOW TO GET A SSR HARUKA! GET YOUR FREE GACHA CURRENCY BRO!

DUE OUT SOMETIME IN 2018 YEAH! PC, IOS, SMARTPHONE! GACHA! ROLL FOR YOUR SSR BIKINI MAJIMA!

What's the drop rate on Majima's knife. No not the Demonfire Knife. :j:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

goferchan posted:

Wait holy gently caress does the color an enemy glows when they enter regen state tell you what style to counter it with? I had no idea why it was sometimes working and sometimes not. If there was a tooltip I skipped through it lol

To be more clear, you need to buy the Kiwami finisher for each style before you can counter their regen phase in the intended way.

Or just do literally any heat move since there are bosses *cough Shimano cough* you have to fight at a point where there's no way for you to have the appropriate Kiwami finisher.

Keep a shitload of tauriner drinks and knives on you at all times, or just play on easy until you get more comfortable. Godspeed.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I know gacha games are bad from Games Chat Thread osmosis, but I will still play the Yakuza gacha game, whatever the gently caress it is.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
To the tune of "Escape" by Rupert Holmes:

🎶 Do you like Yakuza Kiwami 🎶
🎶 And punching dudes in the face 🎶

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That guy in the pic is the new protagonist we're getting when they start making new games again right? lol he looks goofy as hell

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

goferchan posted:

That guy in the pic is the new protagonist we're getting when they start making new games again right? lol he looks goofy as hell

Yeah that's the new hero. His name is Kasuga Ichiban and he's supposed to be a low level entry grunt yakuza guy IIRC.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
His image fits the pun of his name which translated means something like "number one wanker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Yeah that's the new hero. His name is Kasuga Ichiban and he's supposed to be a low level entry grunt yakuza guy IIRC.

Unless that article is mistranslated it sounds like he's 47 years old (at least at the time of the mobile game) so drat he must be claiming that ladder pretty slowly