Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I fell asleep last night listening to the original broadway cast recording of Sweeney Todd and jesus that poo poo gets terrifying around the second act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
McCain is dead. That was quick.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Good.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Haha, awesome.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can I have his job?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

:rip:

Deeply troubled about this news

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Coffee And Pie posted:

Dope

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
There's archive footage of his old rear end in The Phoenix Incident, that's some serendipity

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
tryin rly hard to not "Haha" react every solemn post about McCain dying on Facebook

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/Beschizza/status/1033519881268940806

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So I'm watching the Super Mario Bros movie and reading about the train wreck it was to make it.

quote:

“We would hang out a lot and get stoned. Bob [Hoskins] would never hang out – he had a mansion somewhere down the beach. But then one night, we were talking about getting high and Bob was like, ‘You guys have pot? You’ve been smoking reefer?’ And we were like, ‘Yeah’, and he yelled, ‘Why didn’t you tell me?! I’ve been sitting alone in my mansion!’ We really looked up to him.”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

truly the tribute the man deserves

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033525311407841281

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Coffee And Pie posted:

So I'm watching the Super Mario Bros movie and reading about the train wreck it was to make it.

I like that movie. Great production design.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Paging CelticPredator, I just watched SLiTHER for the first time and that is probably the grossest and funniest gross/funny movie I’ve watched since Braindead

Raaaaad!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
John McClaine is dead??

Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho RIP

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One last one.

https://twitter.com/Evan4096/status/1033520014677164033

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Eventually we're all going to be dead except for that lich abomination Kissinger

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I like that movie. Great production design.

It's an over-the-top satire of Trump's presidency, made 25 years too early. There's literally a scene where his newly-intelligent underlings rebel, calling him an "fascist" and an "oppressor to the proletariat," which he smugly rebukes in an off-the-cuff comment.

And yeah, the production design is great. The spikes on the walls of the inside of Koopa tower is my favorite little aesthetic nod.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
RIP John.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiaaE-eMiUM

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Caught 2001 in Imax. I remember not enjoying it while watching it at home, but this time it was great. I need to watch more older films like this.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy poo poo Wolf Guy: Enraged Lycanthrope owns

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Watched Phantasm tonight. Really enjoyed it for the most part but the ending didn’t sit well with me for some reason.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Haha, woah, a refugee boat landed in north Queensland and twenty something people are trying to trek through the third biggest rainforest in the world with BORDER FORCE on their tails

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is that an 80s movie starring dolph lundgren

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Predator, but he kills immigration cops instead of navy seals or whatever they were

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean the new predator literally looks like that

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The Superego podcast has ruined my ability to read the word "Predator"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
McCain's death is really useful in being able to quickly to determine which of your friends and family on social media that identify as left wing are actually lame rear end bitches.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Decorum is strong because it's seen as a virtue and full nihilism as unsustainable and distasteful

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

glam rock hamhock posted:

McCain's death is really useful in being able to quickly to determine which of your friends and family on social media that identify as left wing are actually lame rear end bitches.

At least he finally turned out to be good for something.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

The thing that sucks about McCain’s death is if he stuck around through midterms but was absent from the Senate, it would have given Democrats ammo to block Kavanaugh’s confirmation. If the party as a block refused to show up GOP would only have 50, and they need 51 to have a vote. Whatever vampire ghoul replaces him now gets to hand over the Supreme Court to the Heritage Foundation for a couple generations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Inshallah

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
At least I have an excuse to post my single favorite political cartoon again

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TrixRabbi posted:

The thing that sucks about McCain’s death is if he stuck around through midterms but was absent from the Senate, it would have given Democrats ammo to block Kavanaugh’s confirmation. If the party as a block refused to show up GOP would only have 50, and they need 51 to have a vote. Whatever vampire ghoul replaces him now gets to hand over the Supreme Court to the Heritage Foundation for a couple generations.

He was absolutely gonna vote for Kavanaugh, the only thing he would do is keep people in suspense because he was a sadist.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

He would have if he could have, but I thought he hadn’t been in Washington for months.

His whole point of holding onto his seat was to ensure his replacement appointee wouldn’t be up for election until 2020 and probably some ego trip about dying as a sitting senator.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TrixRabbi posted:

I'm pretty sure this was a deliberate call on his part, the timing of him stopping treatment is insanely weird otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Or maybe the treatment was no longer that effective? Or living was just getting more uncomfortable? Seems like a big stretch to try to pin some conspiracy on it.

• Locked thread