Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

elf help book posted:

you look like evil shovel knight

Lol, but also he looks fuckign awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Theres probably an IG or LS that looks like a shovel

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

tao of lmao posted:

Insect glaive looks real cool, but the gimmick seems kinda intimidating to learn.

For those who have played both: how does the learning curve of the glaive compare to the charge blade, which also felt intimidating at first but eventually became second nature.

It's much easier. Essences follow the same logic on most monsters (red from offensive areas like claws, white from movement parts like wings, orange from more durable areas like uragaan's back) and the on the ground moveset is about as complex as dual blades. The aerial stuff is pretty intuitive, too.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The hardest part about IG is telling yourswlf to land on the ground and do attacks instead of super mario rpg jumping on the monster the whole fight. But now that I think about it, its my game and my damage can be as suboptimal as I please

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

In Training posted:

I think dual blades might be the worst possible weapon for Kirin and I'm going to start practicing with a long sword while I grind out HR49
As a Long Sword main I'm tempted to take up HBG or something because as melee you would still run into the issue of having to chase it everywhere as opposed to the reasonable option of pouring lead into it until it changes maps.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

you look like evil shovel knight

That or evil dragon quest 1 hero.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bell_ posted:

As a Long Sword main I'm tempted to take up HBG or something because as melee you would still run into the issue of having to chase it everywhere as opposed to the reasonable option of pouring lead into it until it changes maps.

The ranged weapons are good enough that choosing one as a backup weapon is totally doable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnxyor1Sq90

this is rad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

The ranged weapons are good enough that choosing one as a backup weapon is totally doable.

What's a good fun ranged wep I've never tried any of them. Now that I've completed a DB and a LS set I wanna try more weapons. These are still the only two weapons I've ever brought on a hunt

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If you like the challenge of dodging and positioning, the light bow gun is rad. I use a crit build with a Karma. It lets you do multi shot with normal 2 bullets and spread 1 for getting in the face of downed monsters. Plus it looks like an old timey musket

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/monster-hunter-world there's already a 20% off slae for this crap act fast gamers

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mon hun is the first pc game I wanna buy that’s cheaper in japan.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

What's a good fun ranged wep I've never tried any of them. Now that I've completed a DB and a LS set I wanna try more weapons. These are still the only two weapons I've ever brought on a hunt

I’ve beed tooling around with the heavy bowgun when my lower rank buddy is online. Lots of fun ammo types, each gun behaves quite different, and the special shots are satisfying to hit. Maybe watch a video or two on the basics and you’ll be good to go.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My gf uses the bow and it looks really really fun. You get like critical attacks from dodging and your special move does more damage the more of the monsters hitbox it pierces through... so like you can do damage through the entire length of its tail , body and head if you time and aim it right.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Was a glaivemans myself... Starting to get nostalgic for my hunting days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been using the lightbow gun and it's pretty fun juggling between ammo types on the fly and then planting a grenade on a monsters head after they're knocked down and just going to town on their rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the final boss is so so cool looking

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I quit playing a while back because I thought it was tedious but now I'm replaying and I can say without a doubt Monster Hunter World is good.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i dont regret buying this twice because it runs so much better on my computer and also theres a lot of content i ignored the first time around. i'm doing everything as heavy bowgun right now, its challenging, but makes me feel powerful when i properly dodge and unload a hot stream on a mon, just beat odogaron in the story and looking forward to gaming Amongst friends soon

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'll probably buy this again tomorrow when my wife is at work so I can Game freely.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hunting down an Anjanath when Rathalos just picks it up and tosses it around like a dishrag.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hunting down an Anjanath when Rathalos just picks it up and tosses it around like a dishrag.

this stuff just gets even cooler as the game goes on. elder dragons dont like eachother too much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished making my specifically anti-Kirin build and will probably stream later the tempered Kirin fight for a while.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I’ve hit the point of tracking ??? prints in the early high rank. Do we have an imp zone hunting crew, or any interested parties that would want to join me in an hour or two?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I’ve hit the point of tracking ??? prints in the early high rank. Do we have an imp zone hunting crew, or any interested parties that would want to join me in an hour or two?

I can play later. doing that speeds up the quests to find the elder dragons later on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can play today, I need more practice with the LBG and it's always nice to keep stockpiling monster parts for making alternate builds

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I’m currently Gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I’m currently Gaming

Are we steam friends? I cna hop on now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat tempered kirin with my hardcore defensive LBG build which was actually a fun fight, it was like playing a weird 3rd person shooter where i was trying to dodge all the lightning patterns while laying into a horse with flame rounds and sticky grenades. I want to do more tempered ED fights but the SOS flares are broken right now I think and I didn't get any investigations for them during the Kirin fight.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

In Training posted:

Are we steam friends? I cna hop on now.

I'm not sure but this is me

https://steamcommunity.com/id/thereisnoyhwh/

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting upset at the Dual Blades menace continuing to mash x after I put a monster to sleep with light bowgun.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Getting upset at the Dual Blades menace continuing to mash x after I put a monster to sleep with light bowgun.

I never let dual blades join my hunts. 99% just mindlessly button mash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jealous of my insane pace?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dual blades and bows are the worst randoms.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Jealous of my insane pace?

How does it feel doing 20 damage instead of 10 when you wake up my sleeping monsters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm a gentleman who places two Megabombs if a monster gets put to sleep.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

longswords still love to trip the whole squad. the hammer has a bunch of tripproof attacks and its all i'll use in multi

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

tyler posted:

I never let dual blades join my hunts. 99% just mindlessly button mash

They dishonor the weapon's noble tradition.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got this on steam and I’m gonna do a s&s build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just did a capture investigation and summoned SoS hoping to get some hardcore japanese gamers to make it go faster, but ended up with 3 noobs, one of which was a dual blades idiot that used up all the faints. I redid the quest and kicked dual blades when he tried to join again, but halfway into the quest he joined anyway (wtf). The first thing he did was use up his traps and tranqs trying to capture an enraged Anjanath and spent the rest of the quest interrupting my combos and throwing my timing off which made me so angry I almost died haha. Then when the monster was really ready to be captured I had to race to its nest side by side with him because he was still trying to kill it and then after all that I didn't even get the drop I wanted. qq