Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Unsinkabear posted:

A buddy wants me to play this game, but the "come back on September 4" OP is giving me pause. Is it cool to buy in now and what is my best angle? Are there expansion deals or packages or passes or other dumb poo poo I need?

Nah dude. Game is fun and playable now. Tuesday will be a big rear end patch that changes a lot of what items go into what slots (For example, Shotguns are coming out of the Heavy slot and being put in the Energy and Kinetic slot, depending on it's damage type). It's all changing so soon that you probably wont notice the old system.

The first major expansion comes out on the 4th. It'll be a good idea to get through the Year 1 content before it comes out, so you aren't running through something like Curse of Osiris while we are all oogling over Forsaken and doing it's content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That's what the character boost is for. You'll have the pleasure of playing through the old campaigns on your second and third characters.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly I'd just wait for forsaken at this point. The game is full of half baked insane systems and currencies and softcaps and poo poo that never get explained anywhere, you'll spend less than two weeks just getting to understand them then they'll all change anyway

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 8 DAYS REMAIN! FORSAKEN! VIDEO GAME! NEVER LOG OFF!! :ducksiren:

This is one of the better posts I’ve seen that summarizes 100 reasons to be hype for Forsaken. Here ya go!

LURKER, this is a must read. This is why we are hype and truly believe this is the expansion that changes this game for the best. This is the Destiny we have always wanted. The hype is real.

A couple of days ago I was doing a list of the best stuff coming with Forsaken. When I got over 40 with just the things announced on the ViDoc and the most recent TWABs I was like: “Wow.. let me dig deeper and see if I can get up to 100”.

And so here it is, 100 Good Reasons Why I’m excited for Forsaken and Update 2.0!

(Leaks Free. But maybe some spoilers If you haven’t seen all the interviews and announcements)

STORY AND CHARACTERS (1 - 10)

Cayde’s death
It gives the franchise a much needed darker turn in the narrative.

Prison Break
Exploring more of the Prison of Elders is going to be very satisfying coming from Destiny 1.

The Scorn
The aggressiveness and variety of the new enemies looks a ton of fun to fight against.

8 Baron Hunts
Each mission or adventure will have a purpose, to hunt down one of the 8 Barons. And for what we know, each will offer a different challenge related to their role.

Uldren as the main villain
Been waiting to fight along, or against, this guy since Destiny 1.

Answers about the Queen
I’m confident we will get some.

The Spider
First enemy themed vendor in Destiny 2. Variks had some catchy/memorable quotes, lets see how this guy does it.

The Drifter
Mysterious new character, host and vendor of the new Gambit mode. Seems to have a lot of charisma like Cayde.

Petra Venj
A returning character, and our vendor for the Dreaming City. Hopefully she gets more involved in the campaign this time.

The Outlaws
Prison of Elders criminals that can show up on every location, strike, or Gambit match. The Spider will give us bounties to track them down, and there’ll be Triumphs to track our progress. The hunt is on.

LOCATIONS (11 - 19)

Two New Destinations
From a gameplay perspective, the fact that we are being introduced to 2 new locations instead of 1 in a single expansion is very refreshing.

Tangled Shore
The asteroid belt reimagined as a sci-fi wild west? Yes, please.

The Dreaming City
A lot of reasons why I’m excited about this place.. The Awoken castle, home of the new Raid, the size of Nessus, sci-fi Elven architecture, the list goes on..

End Game Patrol
I’m very skeptical about the promises Bungie made with this, but hopeful nevertheless.

Hidden Secrets
The Dreadnaught did an excellent job with this. Hopefully the Dreaming City does to.

Blind Well
If Bungie truly learned from the successes and failures of Court of Oryx, Archon’s Forge and Escalation Protocol.. then I’m very excited to try out this new horde mode.

Ascendant Realm
On top of everything else, the Dreaming city comes with its own dark Mirror World? Hats. off.

New Raid
Called “Last Wish”..And I quote: “this Raid has more bosses than any Raid we’ve ever had before”.

Weekly Changes triggered by Raiders
A first for any Destination in Destiny. The Dreaming City will change every week depending on what players do in the Raid.

GAME MODES & ACTIVITIES (20 - 36)

Gambit
A combination of PVP and PVE in the best way that only Destiny can deliver.

Gambit Exclusive Loot
Confirmed to be meaningful to the mode, having armor and weapons specifically good for Gambit.

Gambit Maps
I’m very surprised that Bungie managed to create a bunch of new maps for this mode, on top of Crucible maps and the 2 new destinations.

Gambit’s Ranking System (Infamy)
Just cherry on top. Still hopeful for a more competitive version coming after Forsaken.

The Outlaw Lost Sectors
High level bounties from the Spider will make us tackle updated Lost Sectors with a powerful outlaw boss at the end.

New Public Events
Both in the Tangled Shore and the Dreaming City.

Strike selection on World Map
Just like good ol’ Destiny 1.

New Strikes (4)
3 confirmed new strikes +1 playstation exclusive.

More Strike specific loot
Hopefully, most of them are weapons and armor. Instead of Ghost Shells and Vehicles.

Nightfall Choice
Every week there will be 3 strikes to choose from to play as Nightfall. Awesome for strike specific loot farming.

New Crucible Mode
Called “Breakthrough”. A mode similar to Call of Duty’s “War” or Overwatch’s “Assault”.

New Crucible Maps (4)
3 New maps free for all players, +1 Playstation exclusive. I’ll take it.

Crucible Quest
A long quest for crucible players with Redrix’s Broadsword as its reward.

Power Matters in Iron Banner and Trials
A risky choice for Bungie, it was taken down in D2 for a reason. Hopefully its balanced, but overall a good change imo.

Trials is getting a Rework
The absence of the current Trials mode is what I’ll like.

Heroic Story Missions Playlist
Glad they are coming back as a Daily source for materials. With a Playlist this time around.

Heroic Adventures on All Destinations
This on top of improved rewards from these adventures just means more options on what to do every day.

GEAR (37 - 57)

Bows
Bows and videogames, always a good combo.

Weapon Slot Changes
A much needed change. And I’m especially excited about this for two reasons..

Sniper/Shotgun as Primary/Secondary
Deserves its own number. We had a glimpse of this in Destiny 1 with No Land Beyond and Universal Remote. Now it's going to be even better.

Fusion Rifles as Primary Weapons
A First for Destiny, not counting Vex Mythoclast. This is not confirmed as far as I know, but very possible considering Snipers and Shotguns.

Weapon Randomization
Random Rolls just gives more life to the game. There is a sweet spot between Random Rolls and having some gear with Set Rolls, and I think Bungie is nailing it this time.

Infusion Changes
The cost for infusing weapons will be higher, but we will now be able to infuse weapons from the same slot. We are not restricted to infuse an AR into an AR anymore, giving us more freedom.

Infusion Resources
Planetary materials will be required for infusion, making them (and the means to find them) way more relevant. Also, Year 1 Weapons will require more resources for infusion. I hope this doesn’t become too grindy, but I’m overall pleased by this change.

New Masterwork Progression
We can now Level up Masterworks from 1 to 10. Getting a bigger stat boost than before. This with Random Rolls will make the search for ‘my perfect weapon’ even better.

Armor Perks
Thank the Traveler. I’m even more excited for activity/location specific perks. Like the armor from the Dreaming City, confirmed to have perks specifically useful for that location.

New Weapon Mods
Actually useful mods that improve weapon performance.

New Armor Mods
Focused on ability cooldowns and stack up to 5 times.

Raid Specific Mods
Mods exclusive for Raid gear. Aimed to be an acquisition that will further improve the performance of your Raid equipment.

10+ New Exotic Weapons
A good chunk of new Exotic Weapons, like we had on the Taken King.

Ace of Spades
And the pre order ornament.

More Exotics like “Whisper of the Worm”
Confirmed that there will be more Hidden Exotic quests like ‘The Whisper’. Maybe it is just 1, but fingers crossed that there’ll be more.

10+ New Exotic Armor
Can already see some great synergies with these.

Double Dodge for Hunter
Thanks to a new Exotic Chest armor.

Reflect Slide for Titan
Mostly for the memes. Thanks to new Exotic Legs armor.

New Exotic Catalysts
The ones we are missing and the new ones.

Swords Buffed
Confirmed to have more ammo and increased deflection resistance. Hopefully some damage buff somewhere in there.

Armsweek
Not confirmed, but almost definitely coming with Forsaken.

COLLECTIONS (58 - 62)

The Tab
Super excited for the new feature as a whole, and its best individual traits mentioned below..

Shader Copy Machine
Being able to reproduce any acquired shader on the go through the Collections.

Gear Tracking
Being able to know what you have acquired and what you are missing.

Gear Sources
A little tab on most pieces of gear that will tell us how/where to acquire it.

Set Completion Badges
Scott Taylor confirmed that there would badges for collecting and completing sets.

TRIUMPHS (63 - 66)

The Tab, again
Like Collections, I’m excited for the feature as a whole, and its best sub features..

Score Progression
A better version a Grimoire score? Most probably. Triumph Score will be a number that directly reflects all your achievements in-game. Including Collection achievements.

Achievement Tracking
Being able to know how many Heroic Strikes I have completed, along with best times, and most kills (probably)? Yes, please.

In-Game Lore
Still not sure how this is going to be, but it is confirmed that the Triumphs tab will have a Lore section that tracks our Lore discoveries in-game.

EVERVERSE (67 - 72)

More Data
Bright Engram probabilities and purchase history will be available on bungie.net

Prismatic Matrix
Becoming a permanent addition, giving us more choices to earn the rewards we want.

Bright Dust Bounties
Earning Bright Engrams will reward Bounty notes, which we can then exchange for Bright Dust bounties. Higher tier bounties require more notes but reward more Bright Dust.

Ghost Projections
A cool new customization feature for ghosts. Just something nice to show everytime you pop up your ghost.

Legendary Weapon Skins
I’m very excited for these. HOPEFULLY these are general weapon skins instead of specific weapon skins. Meaning that I can apply a Bow skin to all (or some) of my Legendary Bows instead of being exclusive for 1 Bow.

Eververse integrated into Collections
Giving use the option to re-acquire a Ghost shell with the Perks we actually want, or an Exotic Sparrow with ‘insta summon’ for a moderate Bright Dust price.

QUALITY OF LIFE / GENERAL CHANGES (73 - 91)

CRUCIBLE TIME TO KILL
This will be huge for PvP. Five specific changes that I’m hyped for are..

3-Tap Hand Cannons
Hawkmoon was my baby in D1. I’m very much looking forward to play with a Hand Cannon like that again.

Two Melee hits to kill
Self explanatory.

Grenade threat
I strongly believe that people didn’t use to ‘team shot’ as much in D1 because grenades were a huge AoE threat. Hopefully that comes back.

Throwing knife buff
I used to sharpshoot a lot with the knife back in the day. Very much looking forward to do that again.

Exotic Armor synergy
Buffing Grenades, Melees and Supers means that certain Exotics like Insurmountable Skullfort and Ophidia Spathe will become way more relevant to your class. Both in PVP and PVE.

Competitive Crucible Changes
Radar is coming back

Glory climb will be faster
No more loss streak

Control and Clash competitive variants added to playlist

Rumble Top 3 counts as win
Self explanatory, just like in Destiny 1.

Milestones and Challenges Updates
Milestones tab will track more critical objectives like story missions, not necessarily the things we do to power up.

Challenges are becoming the old Milestones, with some rotating every 4 days instead of weekly. This is how we get powerful loot.

What is currently known as “Challenges” (objectives on every game mode to earn extra tokens) will be absorbed into the new bounties.

More Bounties
Supposedly with better rewards like Masterwork Cores and even Powerful loot in some cases.

Clan bounties for faster clan XP
Not sure if having to remember to pick up the bounty to get Clan XP is an improvement. BUT it means overall faster Clan leveling, so for now I’ll consider it a pro and not a con.

Improved Clan Perks
More influential to the Gameplay. Curious to see how the “Increase resilience when playing with clanmates” plays out in the crucible.

Level 50 cap
There is something about being Level 50 in a video game that just feels right.

Vault Space Increase
200 more extra slots. Nice.

Bulk Shader Deletion
At last..

Sword Shaders
About drat time..

Shared Modifiers
With the addition of Heroic Adventures and Heroic Story Missions, Bungie decided that Strike modifiers will be shared across Adventures and Story missions. So we always know what to expect when we tackle those activities every day. Good choice.

Timer for Barricade & Rift
UI feedback for the win.

The search for Xur
Removing the Xur icon and not tying Xur to the Flashpoint means the search for Xur is coming back every friday! (and way harder than before). HOPEFULLY this means he will have a much more interesting inventory, although we don’t have any confirmation of that.

NINE NEW SUPERS (92 - 100)

Arcstrider: Whirlwind Guard
Jedi pants on.

Gunslinger: Blade Barrage
2 Barrages, the second one is just overkill.

Nightstalker: Spectral Blades
Bladedancer 2.0

Striker: Thundercrash
Human Missile.

Sentinel: Banner Shield
Somebody called Reinhardt?

Sunbreaker: Burning Maul
Rise of Iron Axe on demand.

Stormcaller: Chaos Reach
KAAAAMEEEHAAAMEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!

Dawnblade: Well of Radiance
The support pool has arrived.

Voidwalker: Nova Warp
This is just cool AF.

So there you have it, My 100 Reasons why the HYPE for Forsaken is REAL!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I saw 100 reasons and I rolled my eyes at such a blatant hyperbole and started scrolling on my phone and the scrolling kept going

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I don't know what any of this means, but as someone who played Vanguard in every mass effect, the phrase "Human Missle" has me fully erect.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: 8 DAYS REMAIN! FORSAKEN! VIDEO GAME! NEVER LOG OFF!! :ducksiren:

This is one of the better posts I’ve seen that summarizes 100 reasons to be hype for Forsaken. Here ya go!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Foreskin launch trailer is tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1033760935519838208

And this is pretty cool

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fuzzle_HC/status/1033739976486334464

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I like that there's a Destiny equivalent to "Killed by the Guardians." Guess Bungie is still Bungie :3:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And I’m still wishing there was an emblem that tracked how many times you were killed by the guardians.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

And I’m still wishing there was an emblem that tracked how many times you were killed by the guardians.

that would just be your pvp deaths, wouldn't it? i thought it was either 'architects' or 'misadventure'.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That’s what I meant. Architects. I disrespected infrastructure.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I recognize Cayde, but who's Saken? :downs:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Has to be a typo and they were talking about Sake. Trying to do some sake bombs I assume???

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
for fucks saken

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Nearly every match I played this weekend went to time. All the G-lance welfare queens who hang back in hopes of low-hanging fruit are out in full force before the meta change.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Is there any must do stuff apart from deleting shaders/mods before Forsaken comes out? I never played Warmind so I guess I have that poo poo to do first.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Clear your Postmaster. That’s it!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Keep your character slots as empty as possible too. A ton of power weapons become secondary slots, and a ton of secondary slots become Kinetic, and a ton of power weapons become Kinetic, and basically a gently caress load of stuff is shuffling around, so depending on how full your 3x9 weapon slots are, and if it all happens simultaneously, you might have all 27 weapons briefly try to occupy the secondary slots and get sent to the postmaster where they hit the 20 item limit and delete themselves

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shove everything in your vault, clear your postmaster and then don't play for a week and log back in on the 4th to find out how badly it hosed up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well you can't spell 'Bungie' without 'hosed up' so you're not wrong there.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Did they mention anything about the TLW knockoff for next season's rated being grindable for the season after? Four months of exclusivity for rated players before being unlockable via long term grind the season after seems like a smart idea to increase casual PvP participation.

Which of course means Bungie won't do it but still

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
They haven't even confirmed that it's the Competitive reward gun like Redrix, so. Bit early for that.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1033872710496006144

No trailer tomorrow.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm starting to think about picking up Destiny 2 again but I was wondering about one lore thing

Are you still the same Guardian from Destiny 1 even if you don't do a save transfer?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm starting to think about picking up Destiny 2 again but I was wondering about one lore thing

Are you still the same Guardian from Destiny 1 even if you don't do a save transfer?

this is questionable. I don’t think so.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

You absolutely need to pick this up again for Forsaken.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Well I'm playing the first solo missions now. A turtle in a WH40K costume just booted me off his giant ship that was somehow still flying fine after I blew up it's glowy power core.

This is definitely a Bungie game.

I'm being cynical, but I'm also a huge loving Halo dork and this is scratching the old itch so I'm definitely gonna watch this hour and a half Destiny-lore-catchup video I just found.

Fake edit: I picked Titan somewhat uncertainly and I loving love punching poo poo to death. Who decided melee should do this much damage?! This feels like someone hacked DOOM mechanics into a Halo level and I definitely don't hate it. :v:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Unsinkabear posted:

Well I'm playing the first solo missions now. A turtle in a WH40K costume just booted me off his giant ship that was somehow still flying fine after I blew up it's glowy power core.

I'm being cynical, but I'm also a huge loving Halo dork and this is scratching the old itch so I'm definitely gonna watch this hour and a half Destiny-lore-catchup video I just found.

Fake edit: I picked Titan somewhat uncertainly and I loving love punching poo poo to death. Who decided melee should do this much damage?! This feels like someone hacked DOOM mechanics into a Halo level and I definitely don't hate it. :v:

This game's shortcomings are more on the parts where it tries to be an MMO. That part of it is genuinely good.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shoulder charge

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Unsinkabear posted:

find yourself a helmet called AN INSURMOUNTABLE SKULLFORT

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey all you people who know Destiny lore...

I know nothing about stuff that happened in Destiny 1 past the vanilla game. I've watched some of those "catch up" videos but not the crazy 90 minute one explaining every single detail. What should I know to enjoy Forsaken properly? Stuff about the prison of elders and this Uldren fellow and maybe what went down in the D1 expansions that relates to the Awoken and such? A quick rundown (or link to appropriate video) would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DaveKap posted:

Hey all you people who know Destiny lore...

I know nothing about stuff that happened in Destiny 1 past the vanilla game. I've watched some of those "catch up" videos but not the crazy 90 minute one explaining every single detail. What should I know to enjoy Forsaken properly? Stuff about the prison of elders and this Uldren fellow and maybe what went down in the D1 expansions that relates to the Awoken and such? A quick rundown (or link to appropriate video) would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ok in the first dlc (Dark Beyond), this hive dude, Crota, was gonna gently caress poo poo up on the moon. This Hunter lady named Eris, who at one point had been on a fireteam that tried to go kill Crota but they all got hosed up and she was lost in the tunnels of the moon for years and got all messed up, returns to guide y'all and you kill Crota. (important!)

In House of Wolves, it's revealed that there's... well there's this Fallen House of Wolves. They were the biggest strongest House, but got into a fight with the Awoken Queen who killed their leader, they fractured in civil war, before reuniting under this guy Skolas. But Skolas was betrayed to the Awoken by this other Fallen Variks (who is a bro, yes?), and then the Awoken conquered them and imprisoned Skolas. The Queen (Mara Sov, is her name btw. Uldren is her brother and he's a prince) traded Skolas to the Nine, the guys Xur the exotic vendor works for, but they released him. Skolas rallied the Wolves to him and they killed a bunch of Awoken, and then he tried to unite all the other Fallen Houses, as well as get his hands on some Vex tech to gently caress poo poo up. But the player captures him, then kills him in a gladiator fight in the prison of eldars, which is the Awoken's prison, where they stash all sorts of treasures and enemies of all kinds and even do hosed up experiments on them, and is run by Variks. (important!) Oh yeah, Variks is the only living member of House Judgment, which used to adjudicate conflicts and punishments between the other Houses.

In the Taken King, Oryx, who is one of the big bad leaders of the Hive, and Crota's father, comes to avenge his son. He has the power to Take people, turning them into glowing reskins zombies with new powers. Look up the Books of Sorrow, they're longish grimoire story thing telling the history of Oryx, his sisters, his children including Crota and the Hive in general. They're actually pretty entertaining. Anyway, in the first cutscene of the xpac, Mara Sov basically sacrifices herself in order to destroy most of the Hive fleet, and cripple their Dreadnought, the massive ship that Oryx reigns from and is the new patrol area in the xpac. Mara goes missing, and is presumed dead, but isn't. Dun dun dun. Uldren also goes awol. (important!) Anyway you shoot some stuff, and kill Oryx.

There's another dlc here. It's not really relevant to the Awoken, but the House of Devils find some human golden age nanotech and start Frankensteining themselves. Defeating them leaves yet another power vacuum in the Fallen leadership. They're basically totally hosed besides like one House (the Kings). In some of the last grimoire entries, it seems that the Fallen all retreat, and actually even bow down to Prince Uldren.

In D2, the Fallen all unite under one banner (House Dusk) and have used the symbol of House Judgment although it's unclear why/in what manner. ALSO the Taken, who were previously scattered and mindless after Oryx's death, have rallied and even begun Taking new stuff, which only Oryx was thought to be able to do. They and the Hive on Saturn's moon Titan and the polar ice caps of Mars, have begun trying to contact Savathun, one of Oryx's sisters and who is the embodiment of trickery and deceit. Possibly she has gained the power to Take, and several of her minions are even encountered.

In Forsaken Prince Uldren seems to have allied himself with the Scorn, a sect of Fallen trapped in the depths of the Prison of Eldars who have been heavily mutated/mutilated for some reason. These Forsaken bust out of the Prison and actually seem to be in a civil war with House Dusk (you'll even have Fallen allies). Uldren seems to be trying to find his sister. Also the Raid will have Taken enemies so maybe that ties in with Savathun, but I dunno I'm not willing to look any further into that myself.

e; oh poo poo I hope I didn't accidentally spoil anyone with that typo'd spoiler marker

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 27, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I super appreciate this! Thank you!

Kinda puts the Mercury/Mars expansions into stark relief for how useless they are to the overall story (for now.)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
At least Mars results in an awoken Rasputin. Mercury was so self-contained that it's utterly pointless. Osiris is still dicking around in the infinite forest, and the strike canon is that you need to keep killing new Vex minds that try to take control back. Nothing changes if you cut it entirely other than confirmation that Osiris is still alive.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Elysiume posted:

At least Mars results in an awoken Rasputin. Mercury was so self-contained that it's utterly pointless. Osiris is still dicking around in the infinite forest, and the strike canon is that you need to keep killing new Vex minds that try to take control back. Nothing changes if you cut it entirely other than confirmation that Osiris is still alive.
In Mercury's defense, 2 things. 1: The infinite forest is a fantastic idea that could eventually yield actually cool things in the future despite how completely wasted it was for this add-on. 2: I'm pretty sure the fact that you bring Sagira back to life means Cayde-6 has the chance of coming back via ghost resurrection because people might get kinda mad when they're done with the Forsaken and realize the dude's actually dead for good. Bungie gets their out pretty easily with this one, though it ruins any fear of death for the rest of the series until they come up with some new way of killing guardians. Hell, Savathun changed people into crystals that they couldn't come back from, use that! (These are spoilers for the end of the first expansion and trailers for The Forsaken.)

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 28, 2018

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hey, tag the major spoilers please. I don't want to know who dies, let alone already know that they'll be coming back to life when it happens. Kind of undermines that story beat a little bit. :colbert:

FAUXTON posted:

find yourself a helmet called AN INSURMOUNTABLE SKULLFORT

Haha, okay I'll keep an eye out

Siljmonster posted:

shoulder charge

I don't know what this means but I'm excited

ponzicar posted:

This game's shortcomings are more on the parts where it tries to be an MMO. That part of it is genuinely good.

Sounds fine by me. I want that part, and as little to do with the mmo component as possible. Hopefully I'm the right brand of weirdo to enjoy what they have on offer

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Oh hey, weapon slot changes are coming tomorrow, that's cool. Are the TTK changes happening as well or is that all coming on the 4th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

this is questionable. I don’t think so.

Aw man

I was thinking about starting from Destiny 1 so I could have cool titles like “The Young Wolf” and stuff, but I checked and it doesn’t look like you can do save transfers anymore :smith:

• Locked thread