Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I think I’m half way or 2/3rds done with shenmue one on the collection for Xbox, haven’t played the game in 18 years but I still really enjoy it. I’m taking my time but I don’t think I’ll see the cherry blossoms bloom this time since it’s still December. Fantastic game

Did you see the drunk Santas, at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I think I’m half way or 2/3rds done with shenmue one on the collection for Xbox, haven’t played the game in 18 years but I still really enjoy it. I’m taking my time but I don’t think I’ll see the cherry blossoms bloom this time since it’s still December. Fantastic game

Enjoying Shenmue in 2018, definitely a gimmick account

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I’m currently booking my trip to Hong Kong and about to start working at the dock. The game is great

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BisterdDave posted:

Holy hell Halo 5 drat near sunk the rest of my available hard drive space. Is there a goon recommended external hard drive, or will any decent one do?

I recommend buying an enclosure for a PC hard drive. Other than needing an extra electrical outlet there's no downside and you can get much more for your money. I got a 6TB 7200rpm one for relatively cheap.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Shenmue is good regardless of the year. If Criterion had a video game publication arm, it’d be spine #1

E: I can see the wheels turning now... “What the gently caress would be Criterion Games #1?”

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 25, 2018

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, probably.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would be super down with Criterion publishing games. Maybe we could get some games with cover art that isn't rear end for once.

Criterion Presents: Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Criterion #1 is Tennis for Two

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Monday_ posted:

Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, probably.

Lmfao are you loving stupid

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Criterion Number One: Ico

Lol mmm yeah hahahahahahahahahaha

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

friend let me tell you about gaming ambrosia

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would love it because you know there wouldn’t be any Nintendo trash cuz Nintendo is basically the Disney of gaming so all the Nintendo fanboys would be crying LOLin irl “wahhhhhh but but Mario is so deep”

#1 would be Metal Gear Solid

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Assuming criterions are chronological, itd be something like Tennis for Two, Pong, Tetris. If its advancements in gameplay design its... well its still probably one of those plus Adventure. If its entirely narrative based then its still Adventure.

Not saying those other games wouldnt be in it, but unless I was needing an immediate cash infusion to jump start the rest of the collection they wouldnt be my first choices.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
^This. Criterion #1 would be Tetris you idiots.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

[PlayStation fan trying really hard to think]

“I think Ico or Shadow of the Colossus or Maybe Uncharted 2 will be criterion games # 1, then crash bandicoot collection and last of us”

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Sorry. We all can’t be mentally unhinged to post about a console we hate for 5 years like you. Now sit down

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Lmfao are you loving stupid

Xbox Ambassador posted:

You have a mental illness. Are you aware of that?

Xbox Ambassador posted:

You have been talking about how much the Xbox sucks for 5 years or longer. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Nice deflection dude, there is no real defense for whatever the gently caress your obsession is. You are mentally ill.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Dude, honestly ... what the gently caress is wrong with your brain.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Like, what traumatic brain injury do you have to get to make 11,000+ posts about the Xbox one being bad? I would like an honest answer here. Because this thread is filled with sad sack idiots like you bemoaning a video game system. I’ll ask again, what in the actual gently caress is wrong with you?

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Like, how is this an excuse dude? Seriously, you should take some time to reflect on your life. It seems miserable.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Everyone... please look at the type of people / posts made about a console. Like, what in the absolute gently caress is wrong with you guys. Seriously. No one has given a real non-irony poisoned answer. You have issues. It’s a video game system. You don’t need to post 11,000 times about why it sucks or whatever. You are mentally loving deranged.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Look at how you are acting. Honestly. Now ask yourself “what happened in my life to make me this way”.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

gently caress off. Your sad sack games poster poo poo is terrible to read. Are you really so miserable that you can’t enjoy Halo, Devil May Cry 5, the 100+ games on gamepass, for Honor which is free on gold, forza horizon 4, and everything else? Christ almighty you sad brains freaks are terrible

Xbox Ambassador posted:

You sound absolutely retarded

Xbox Ambassador posted:

:NSFW: https://i.imgur.com/cHXTA0z.jpg

To all the Sony fanboys posting in the Xbox thread: I give you this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xbox Ambassador posted:

My bad. He sounds like he is mentally disabled.

Xbox Ambassador posted:

[PlayStation fan trying really hard to think]

“I think Ico or Shadow of the Colossus or Maybe Uncharted 2 will be criterion games # 1, then crash bandicoot collection and last of us”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

^This. Criterion #1 would be Tetris you idiots.

Depending how you view it is “Best game ever” the criterion for number one or is it “most influential” and how do you measure that one.

What really matters is a criterion collection for games is nigh impossible since thats what an HD remaster is and all of those introduce new issues which means youre not getting the definitive edition.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Barudak posted:

Depending how you view it is “Best game ever” the criterion for number one or is it “most influential” and how do you measure that one.

Most pretentious.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Canadian xbox store is accidentally pre-selling Metro Exodus for the American price ($60) in case anyone is interested in that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fwiw criterion’s aren’t even the best versions at times

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I beat shenmue now I’m playing guardian heroes. Xbox Stays Winning!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monday_ posted:

Most pretentious.

Criterion #1: Beyond: Two Souls

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Guardian Heroes looks like fun, can anyone recommend any other must have exclusive XBLA games? I never played Trials HD, so I'll probably grab that at some point.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Guardian Heroes looks like fun, can anyone recommend any other must have exclusive XBLA games? I never played Trials HD, so I'll probably grab that at some point.

Radiant Silvergun, Hydro Thunder, The D&D Arcade collection

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My buddy gave me infinite warfare/modern warfare as a gift on disc...and there is 100mb on the disc? I can’t even fire it up without a 75gig download. :wtf:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

My buddy gave me infinite warfare/modern warfare as a gift on disc...and there is 100mb on the disc? I can’t even fire it up without a 75gig download. :wtf:

Welcome to modern consoles.

The switch, if you can believe it, is somehow the absolute worst about this.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, even on PS4 which can actually do delta patching it's like 34 gigs.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 and I decided to delve into Killer Instinct's Shadow War. Really enjoying both.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

James Woods Fan posted:

Got the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 3 and I decided to delve into Killer Instinct's Shadow War. Really enjoying both.

Yeah the Hot Wheels DLC is really fun, much better than Blizzard Mountain's cancerous weather effects.

Also the FH3 goon car club is GRRC incase you were wondering.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I couldn't even play Blizzard Mountain on PC (known common glitch) and now that I can I'm glad I spent all my time in Hot Wheels instead.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I signed up for the 2 months of Game Pass for $2 this morning, and I was always under the impression that there was only ~10 games or so on rotation at any given time. Boy was I surprised when I saw the full list. Like, good god, this is all anyone pretty much needs to keep busy on Xbox. MUCH better service than I initially thought.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BisterdDave posted:

If Geometry Wars 2 is backwards compatible I remember that being a really fun XBLA game on 360. It's a twin-stick shooter, and if you like that maybe try Guwange as well? Guwange is more classic arcade bullet hell but also really fun.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
What's up with these system updates? It downloaded super fast but then it took like an hour to verify (whatever the hell that means). Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but annoying when I want to play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m trying to figure out how modern warfare remastered, a ten year old game somehow manages to be 30 gigabytes bigger than infinite warfare.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's remastered and they didn't bother compressing the textures.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cojawfee posted:

It's remastered and they didn't bother compressing the textures.
clicks "batch resize" followed by "sharpen" filter

whooeee Bob, I'm beat. Wanna go out for a mint?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

HOLY gently caress, the new Master Chief Collection patch is 73.70 gigs.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Maneki Neko posted:

HOLY gently caress, the new Master Chief Collection patch is 73.70 gigs.

While I'd normally blame delta patching, I wouldn't be surprised if they flat-out replaced the product entirely.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

This 8TB drive is paying dividends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I was planning on getting a 2TB external hard drive, thinking it would be more than enough. I'm starting to rethink that.