Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

xedo posted:

Holy poo poo another human that played the Wii rodea game. That version was actually pretty fun!

It's weird how the WiiU and 3DS versions stripped out what were basically the main gimmicks and somehow made it way uglier. Feels like it would've been easier to make the WiiU version effectively the same and cludge some stick/gyro controls to have it play "by default" while heavily recommending using the remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Since when did The Messenger get an Aug 30th release date?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-messenger-switch

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's not short

Correct

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

xedo posted:

Holy poo poo another human that played the Wii rodea game. That version was actually pretty fun!

I found it odd that it took until 3 years after the Wii was shelved before a third party game was released that truly harassed the power and synergy of the Wii remote motion controls and gryo into traditional gameplay, but better late than never.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Astro7x posted:

To be fair, you can play the Wii game on the Wii U.

Yeah it's kind of a two birds with one stone release

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Since when did The Messenger get an Aug 30th release date?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-messenger-switch

That Ninja Gaiden aesthetic though. :love:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's better than XC2.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

People will call this sacrilege, but XCX is the game BotW wished it was.

Whole lotta bad opinions ITT.

XCX is the worst of the XC games though it's still like arguing which SNES Final Fantasy is the worst of the three (it's FF4. The 3D remake in particular) because all 3 of them are good. XCX just suffers from a lack of gameplay refinement and the existence of Tatsu. The healing system in XCX is awful and if they actually do remake the game for Switch they need to just have regular healing options instead of loving around with soul voice stuff and praying the game lets you heal when you need it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

(it's FF4. The 3D remake in particular).

Oh my God I finally found a video game opinion that makes me want to meltdown

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think we can all agree that Pandora's Tower, The Last Story and XBC could all use switch ports. Operation Rainfall II.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I need to go back and finish both of the non-XC rainfall games.

The Last Story was great. The central town felt like a living, breathing city in a way most JRPGs don't pull off well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heath posted:

I think we can all agree that Pandora's Tower, The Last Story and XBC could all use switch ports. Operation Rainfall II.

Agreed. I should play Pandora's Tower again sometime, I never did go do NG+ with all the secret doors and stuff

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it's going to be 19 days until Xenoblade 2: Torna comes out.

Should I play through Breath of the Wild and try to beat it before then (playing an average of 3 hours a day), or should I play Super Maro Odyessy and then beat what's ever on my backlog?

The last genuinely good Wii game came out in 2015.

Has it already been three years? I got it when it released and it doesn't feel like it's been that long.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Has anyone played their switch while running on a treadmill and if so did you protect your joycons from the sweat?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Has anyone played their switch while running on a treadmill and if so did you protect your joycons from the sweat?

I protect them by putting them in my hands and not my butt crack

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
If you can play switch on the treadmill are you actually "running" and/or generating any sweat?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

I protect them by putting them in my hands and not my butt crack

Oh yeah well...something about hd rumble

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nitrile gloves, baby

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You could probably fit a condom over a joycon

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You could probably fit a condom over a joycon

How else do you play lumimes?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I know a lot of people itt have done this. Or it might have been exercise bikes. Either way I don't have either.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

How else do you play lumimes?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

If you can play switch on the treadmill are you actually "running" and/or generating any sweat?

I'm a goon, when aren't I sweating?

Heath posted:

Nitrile gloves, baby

This is probably the best option, but the prune hands are probably going to be brutal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's so bad about tatsu? He doesn't really do anything objectionable at all, it's the other characters who are like "Hey tatsu you're a carrot I'm gonna kill and eat you!" 24/7 and he's just all "oh nooooooo"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm a goon, when aren't I sweating?

This is probably the best option, but the prune hands are probably going to be brutal

And your hands will smell worse than your feet, but at least you'll be entertained.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For Captain Toad, is there anything you get for: the Pixel Toads, bonus objectives, or record times?

I like the game well enough but not enough to be a completionist about it. If those unlock extra levels or something though

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

What's so bad about tatsu? He doesn't really do anything objectionable at all, it's the other characters who are like "Hey tatsu you're a carrot I'm gonna kill and eat you!" 24/7 and he's just all "oh nooooooo"

I didn't hate Tatsu with the burning of a thousand suns like some people did, but his schtick of being arrogant despite being useless was pretty annoying. Like most mascot characters, you could have just removed him from the game and have next to nothing change

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

thetoughestbean posted:

I didn't hate Tatsu with the burning of a thousand suns like some people did, but his schtick of being arrogant despite being useless was pretty annoying. Like most mascot characters, you could have just removed him from the game and have next to nothing change

He’s also detrimental in general since it’s his fault your guy gets all hosed up before you know they’re all robots

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For Captain Toad, is there anything you get for: the Pixel Toads, bonus objectives, or record times?

I like the game well enough but not enough to be a completionist about it. If those unlock extra levels or something though

I believe just stars unlock things.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bonus objectives and diamonds are the only things that unlock stuff. Everything else is just for fun and to make your book shiny.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I believe just stars unlock things.

No!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What do objectives unlock? I must have not noticed since I was ocd about completing them first run.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You need all diamonds and all objectives to unlock the final level.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

You need all diamonds and all objectives to unlock the final level.

Thanks, that's good to know. I enjoy doing most of those but the Pixel Toads are not that fun, especially considering I mainly play handheld no sound

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Did I just get randomly spoiled on xenoblade

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

haaaaaaaaa AAA okay

Looks like someone got drunk, logged into Nintendo dot com and bought MonHun GenU and set it to download.

I guess that answers which MH game I was going to buy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kiranamos posted:

Did I just get randomly spoiled on xenoblade

If it helps, they're talking about X and not 2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

There are several different tiers of quality from main chars to important sub story chars to less important ones to just uninteractable bystandards in most games, mr explainypants

Yes there are, and what you supposedly get shown there would fall under the category of important sub-story characters, so, again, they'd all potentially look that terrible. Not to mention that it isn't unknown for voice actors to take the roles of several sidequest characters apiece in open-world games so it looks bad across the board.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sunning posted:

IS made Days of Ruins for Western audiences because Advance Wars: Dual Strike did disproportionately well overseas. Days of Ruin had a gritty war aesthetic and focused on addressing balance issues. It's likely that Dual Strike benefited from Nintendo's big Summer 2005 push (Nintendogs, new DS colors, etc) but ultimately failed to create a lasting audience.

I know people are mentioning it but I found out for the first time recently that none of the Advance Wars games came out in Japan at all until much later. Like, AW1, AW2, Days of Ruin. That's pretty insane.

Then they took this game that was popular in the west despite it's Japanese look and feel, and then changed that do be a Western look and feel, and then it stopped doing well.

Anyway I'm sure they're happy enough with the performance of Fire Emblem to never make another of those again but it's a shame. Wargroove looks great though!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Advance Wars 1 didn't come out in Japan because right around the same time Game Boy Wars 3(developed by Hudson as basically a replacement for the cancelled "64 wars") was releasing and they didn't want to cannibalize their own sales. Advance Wars 2 was a direct sequel so it didn't come out either. Only later they got released as a double pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgJ14smTsA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76vFvpXFIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Advance Wars 1 didn't come out in Japan because right around the same time Game Boy Wars 3(developed by Hudson as basically a replacement for the cancelled "64 wars") was releasing and they didn't want to cannibalize their own sales. Advance Wars 2 was a direct sequel so it didn't come out either. Only later they got released as a double pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgJ14smTsA

Bit like the opposite of Ace Attorney?

• Locked thread