Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Hempuli posted:

Could someone remind me of how the grudge/spirit system works, or link to a page that explains it? It's been a long time and I don't really remember even how the spirit-energy-as-knit-wool -explanation worked. :shobon:

We don't know much about the "grudging process" yet, though we do know Spender is the leading expert in it and how to reverse it. I'm betting that's going to become a focus pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Xand_Man posted:

Huh? Spirits can possess people and the grudge state carries over when a spirit is killed (Ghost Train)

i was implying that unless human ghosts can become grudges then max’s spirit ain’t his mom.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well yeah it ain't, spirits != ghosts.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Haha that Jeff, what a goof.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Interested to see what Violet's deal is going to be. I mean she might just have a crush on Jeff or something but this is Paranatural, she's sure to have something weird going on.

New page, by the way.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I got the impression she's one of the few confirmed not-at-all-supernatural characters, and is just reacting like someone who's got a lot of weird and unexplained poo poo going on around them and is starting to get concerned. In particular, from her perspective it's got to look like a whole bunch of people are being willfully ignorant about what just happened, since in reality they're all trying to keep their own supernatural business under wraps. Even just a surface read of the gym class situation looks like a bullied nerd had a psychotic break and became dangerously violent, not something that should be shrugged off.

It definitely seems like there's something going on between her, Jeff and Cody, although Jeff seems like a pretty unlikely subject for a love-triangle. Not ruling it out I guess, but it might just be Violet can tell Cody knows something about what happened that he's hiding from her and Jeff. She could become a more serious Suzy if she decides to get to the bottom of things.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Zach made a school bully with a secret conscience so i guess they also wanted to make a loser nerd who’s secretly popular (and another one who can secretly beat up the bully!)

Fecha fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 1, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dolash posted:

She could become a more serious Suzy if she decides to get to the bottom of things.

Funny, because the way today's page ended, I was thinking "Violet is gonna run to Suzy with this".

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fecha posted:

Zack made a school bully with a secret conscience so i guess he also wanted to make a loser nerd who’s secretly popular (and another one who can secretly beat up the bully!)

He's got one and a half friends, by my count.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Funny, because the way today's page ended, I was thinking "Violet is gonna run to Suzy with this".

I don't think she will, just because that would make a spectacle of Jeff, and she seems to genuinely have his best interests at heart.

I'm wondering if she might try to get real info out of Lisa.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
That's gonna cost a lot of stars.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

MikeJF posted:

I don't think she will, just because that would make a spectacle of Jeff, and she seems to genuinely have his best interests at heart.

I'm wondering if she might try to get real info out of Lisa.
That would be great.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I like that Mayview has sunsets for the end of the school day.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dolash posted:

I got the impression she's one of the few confirmed not-at-all-supernatural characters, and is just reacting like someone who's got a lot of weird and unexplained poo poo going on around them and is starting to get concerned. In particular, from her perspective it's got to look like a whole bunch of people are being willfully ignorant about what just happened, since in reality they're all trying to keep their own supernatural business under wraps. Even just a surface read of the gym class situation looks like a bullied nerd had a psychotic break and became dangerously violent, not something that should be shrugged off.

It definitely seems like there's something going on between her, Jeff and Cody, although Jeff seems like a pretty unlikely subject for a love-triangle. Not ruling it out I guess, but it might just be Violet can tell Cody knows something about what happened that he's hiding from her and Jeff. She could become a more serious Suzy if she decides to get to the bottom of things.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole student council business put a rift between them and the Jeff stuff just brought some anxieties to the surface
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-168

This seems a bit more bad blood between them for more reasons than just the Jeff gym debacle

And/or more pertinent to this page, Violet made a big show of trying to be there for Jeff
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-169
but here he just shrugs it off (and runs back to cody) no big deal. Doing that, then getting basically blown off probably hurt whatever other issues are bugging her.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

rannum posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole student council business put a rift between them and the Jeff stuff just brought some anxieties to the surface
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-168

This seems a bit more bad blood between them for more reasons than just the Jeff gym debacle

And/or more pertinent to this page, Violet made a big show of trying to be there for Jeff
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-169
but here he just shrugs it off (and runs back to cody) no big deal. Doing that, then getting basically blown off probably hurt whatever other issues are bugging her.
Yeah, I think this is spot-on. I do hope she goes to Lisa, though. Or Lisa comes to her.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Cody always struck me as everybody's friend but nobody's friend. Combine that with being on the Student Council but not on the Student Council. Considering that I can see how someone might challenge him to put up or shut up.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Aw hell yeah aw hell yeah Violet and Lisa time!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

New page

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Maximum Gay, also there are ghosts I guess

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kids havin' crushes all over the joint, I guess

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of self-respecting preteen wears overalls these days?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Interesting how Zack said there would be no romances and yet we had a few already. Guess they changed their mind. :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

What kind of self-respecting preteen wears overalls these days?

Lisa doesn't respect anyone, even herself.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

zack has left me in a state of sublime internal tension where i can't tell if lisa's head is spinning as a visual gag or actual ability foreshadowing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Patware posted:

zack has left me in a state of sublime internal tension where i can't tell if lisa's head is spinning as a visual gag or actual ability foreshadowing

I can't believe that you've deduced that David is Lisa's tool so quickly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We're all tools here.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

New page, featuring: adults

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Garcia blushing it too cute :3:

Also it's probably not important, but I can't make out what Garcia had in his hand before he accidentally dropped it. A lighter? Playing cards?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
it's that toothpick he frequently has in his mouth.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Mr. Garcia's all flustered

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
All these adults being turbodorks. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My only regret is that the comments section is gone so we can't see people getting horrendously bent out of shape by there being gay people.

Edit: I went looking for salt on Reddit and instead I found a Good Post.

quote:

Truly the lesson to take away from Paranatural: No matter the orientation, color, shape, size, or ability, deep down everyone has the capacity to be a massive, adorable dork.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 7, 2018

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Would there really be any homophobes reading a webcomic by a nonbinary author?

...of course there would be, I saw someone on YouTube complaining about liberal agendas in the adventure time finale.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Fecha posted:

Would there really be any homophobes reading a webcomic by a nonbinary author?

...of course there would be, I saw someone on YouTube complaining about liberal agendas in the adventure time finale.
To be entirely fair, Zack wasn't publicly identifying as nb when they started the comic, but also, any homophobes and transphobes should have hopefully left by now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hey, Reddit's a cesspool, it was a reasonable assumption.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kyte posted:

All these adults being turbodorks. :allears:

Eventually you'll have even more people awkwardly walking past the same corner trying to avoid detection. Then Zack will have to introduce spiritual non-euclidean corners in order to accommodate them.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The first 6-dimensional, time-reversed hallway in webcomic history hirstory.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

PMush Perfect posted:

Hey, Reddit's a cesspool, it was a reasonable assumption.

It's pronounced Cispool

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

PetraCore posted:

To be entirely fair

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Filthy Haiku posted:

It's pronounced Cispool

nice

Also, for the page, I love the gay confusion here.