Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Good Place writers room must be super fun. Like literally any joke you can think can be worked in due to the nature of the show, especially when a lot of what you have to think about is literally "whats just the worst?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's too bad that they didn't have an iteration of the original place in which the only food available was a true delicacy: surströmming.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's too bad that they didn't have an iteration of the original place in which the only food available was a true delicacy: surströmming.

Ugh, now I'm thinking of the Icelandic delicacy Hakarl, fermented shark, which Anthony Bourdain described as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" and "the single worst thing I have ever put in my mouth".

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 24, 2018

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OK I love these outfits but is this a new reboot or an old photo what is happening?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm22jN-lX49/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10mjcwrfztb43

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Jet Jaguar posted:

OK I love these outfits but is this a new reboot or an old photo what is happening?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm22jN-lX49/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10mjcwrfztb43

Could be they just brought them back, they already spent the money on them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Definitely new/brought back again. I'm wondering more about the greenscreen hat/balaclava.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Her hair is doing something weird in the story

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was just watching bits of season 1 again on netflix, and Eleanor says this to Fake Eleanor near the end of episode 10:

"Oh man, you are a good person. I swear, if I had known you and Tahani and Chidi on Earth, I might have for real gotten into The Good Place."

MMM that's some tasty teasing of season 3 right there! Makes me feel like there will definitely be bits in season 2 or early in season 3 that could clue people in on what season 4's setup will be, though drat if you can spot them since it would have been one hell of a leap to see that dialogue and think "oh they're going back to earth at some point."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Season 4: The Alien Good Place

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

NowonSA posted:

I was just watching bits of season 1 again on netflix, and Eleanor says this to Fake Eleanor near the end of episode 10:

"Oh man, you are a good person. I swear, if I had known you and Tahani and Chidi on Earth, I might have for real gotten into The Good Place."

MMM that's some tasty teasing of season 3 right there! Makes me feel like there will definitely be bits in season 2 or early in season 3 that could clue people in on what season 4's setup will be, though drat if you can spot them since it would have been one hell of a leap to see that dialogue and think "oh they're going back to earth at some point."

Yeah, there is also in early season 2 after Chidi learns he and Elenor got together a bunch, he says "I wonder what it would be like if we met before we died, like maybe we meet at an ethics conference, or maybe you came to my office after a lecture or during office hours." And then season 2 ends with them meeting by her going to see him in his office.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I just want them to last a whole season without getting their memories wiped.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Senor Tron posted:

I just want them to last a whole season without getting their memories wiped.

Jason remembers every reset and becomes prescient.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Season 5: God-Emperor Janet and her war against the Bad Janets.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Definitely new/brought back again. I'm wondering more about the greenscreen hat/balaclava.

Nah she posted the same photo a few years ago apparently.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jet Jaguar posted:

Season 5: God-Emperor Janet and her war against the Bad Janets.

*not an emperor.

**also not a god

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Jet Jaguar posted:

On the podcast they mentioned a cut joke from the pilot where Eleanor called Tahani a butthead and they had a visual effect where Tahani literally had a butt on her head. This might be from that.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

swickles posted:

The Good Place writers room must be super fun. Like literally any joke you can think can be worked in due to the nature of the show, especially when a lot of what you have to think about is literally "whats just the worst?"

i bet megan amram just sits in the corner typing on a cell phone, and there's a projector showing a feed of what she's writing

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Unless everyone on the podcast is bullshirting, the writers' room is like 15 monitors and one keyboard, which sounds like my Bad Place.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i bet megan amram just sits in the corner typing on a cell phone, and there's a projector showing a feed of what she's writing

According to one of the podcasts, she does just throw out puns on a consistent basis, so that wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

lol that rules

also she might win an emmy for making her web video series "an emmy for megan" which is probably the gooniest way to win an emmy

http://anemmyformegan.com/

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Unless everyone on the podcast is bullshirting, the writers' room is like 15 monitors and one keyboard, which sounds like my Bad Place.

I think that’s only for script reviews? That would be an awful way to write everything... Besides, they need the rest of the time for pour-over coffee and weird art projects!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think that’s only for script reviews? That would be an awful way to write everything... Besides, they need the rest of the time for pour-over coffee and weird art projects!

You don't write anything in the writers room. That's for ideas and plot discussions and such, and everything will usually be written down by a writer's assistant. Once an episode is agreed on structurally the writer of the episode will take all the notes away and write it at home/in his office/wherever he wants to.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Today's podcast episode misses an f-bomb :ohdear:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Good Place S2 is finally on US Netflix if you've been waiting for that to do a rewatch

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CPColin posted:

Today's podcast episode misses an f-bomb :ohdear:

Was it the moral philosophy professor who dropped the f-bomb?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
William Jackson Harper said "motherfucker" really quickly. Or I imagined it!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

flatluigi posted:

Good Place S2 is finally on US Netflix if you've been waiting for that to do a rewatch
is S1 in threat of expiring soon? I don’t have Netflix, but on Hulu, NBC has allowed all episodes to expire.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
In the episode with all the reboots, what’s the name of the jazz band. It’s on the drum set, but I can’t make t out

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

BlueBayou posted:

In the episode with all the reboots, what’s the name of the jazz band. It’s on the drum set, but I can’t make t out

The Jazz-splainers

Click for huge

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That just feels like a missed opportunity for a Shatner cameo.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

CPColin posted:

William Jackson Harper said "motherfucker" really quickly. Or I imagined it!

I just heard this, too. Some motherforker is really dropping the ball on the imaginary swears filter.

Loved Harper’s story about how during filming, he was staring at a bunch of cameras and two smiling guys with a blood cannon pointed at his face.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Marc Evan Jackson was in the latest episode of Better Call Saul and it made me happy.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Baronjutter posted:

Marc Evan Jackson was in the latest episode of Better Call Saul and it made me happy.

Mike, of course, destroyed him.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

michael's reset the neighbourhood again!

https://twitter.com/Nibus/status/1034366746025779200?s=19

this really is the bad place

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The first half of S2E2 is unbelievably good TV.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Caphi posted:

the great place ... was inside the good place ... all along?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Attempt 135: Michael accidentally creates a real Good Place, reboots after realizing his mistake, and forgets the recipe

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Toast Museum posted:

Attempt 135: Michael accidentally creates a real Good Place, reboots after realizing his mistake, and forgets the recipe

maybe check in the corner of Janet's boundless void? The one near the door?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Caphi posted:

Just rewatched Trolley Problem again, alongside chunks of other episodes, but drat Trolley still gets me laughing on a rewatch which most shows don't. Mike's drawing at the beginning really got me and then the Trolley simulations just kept the funny going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Was rereading the thread, and between the Donkey Doug episode title (who is one of Jason's very stupid Earthside friends) and the Doug guy who successfully identified the nature of the afterlife, I'm suddenly very curious about that ep.

• Locked thread