Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We have one keeper. Hopkins was my keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In before everybody else.

20 MAN GOON LEAGUE.

I was pick #2.

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: David Johnson
WR: Keelan Cole
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Mark Ingram
FLEX: Carlos Hyde
K: the cut Vikings kicker
DEF: Steelers

Bench:
Adrian Peterson
Corey Clement
Mike Williams
Case Keenum
Brandon Marshall

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Thank you, Beersheets. In my ultra competitive 14 team 0.5 PPR league I drafted far and away the best team by ignoring my emotions and drafting the best player. Except Sammy Watkins, who is criminally low.

yah, you did!

Enemu
May 31, 2014
12 team 0.5 PPR, 1st pick

QB: C. Newton/M. Trubisky
RB: T. Gurley II/J. Mixon/D. Lewis/J. Kelly
WR: T.Y. Hilton/M. Jones Jr/P. Garcon/C. Kupp/R. Matthews
TE: E. Engram/O.J. Howard
D/S/T: Vikings
K: J. Tucker

Bench is meh, but I'm happy with my starters.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Office league drafted tonight. Regular scoring except 0.5 PPR, 0.3 PPC and 0.1 per completion. I didn't draft a K or DST and I ran out of spots I wanted for upside WRs. I went RB/RB/RB to take advantage of the 0.3 PPC. If they are going to invite me to a ten team league they need to at least have the common courtesy of giving me like 25 bench spots to work with. Nick Chubb is in case poo poo gets weird with Hyde between now and week 1 and Keelan Cole is pending the Marqise Lee outcome. They're both likely to get bounced off the team before week 1 so I can get a kicker/DST

1. (4) Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
2. (17) Leonard Fournette (Jax - RB)
3. (24) Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
4. (37) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
5. (44) Cam Newton (Car - QB)
6. (57) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
7. (64) Marquise Goodwin (SF - WR)
8. (77) Carlos Hyde (Cle - RB)
9. (84) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
10. (97) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
11. (104) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
12. (117) Michael Gallup (Dal - WR)
13. (124) Geronimo Allison (GB - WR)
14. (137) Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)
15. (144) Keelan Cole (Jax - WR)

I should mention that my dad was advising on this auction while undergoing a series of painful cancer tests.

Highlights:

- My dad clutching my shoulder with like 3 needles in his stomach, screaming, "If you are in a 0.3 PPC league and you already have 3 RBs, you want high floor. A ROB GIVES YOU THAT FLOOR!!"

- Round 9, Spoeank asked about a buncha WRs, my dad crawled out of the MRI tube to say, "COOPER KUPP IS THE ONLY ONE WITH A RELIABLE QB!""

- I said to my dad, "you and Spoeank are the 2nd and 3rd best fantasy football players I know." My dad ripped out some loving tube in his arm, wheeled over to me, and whispered, "if he's so fuckin' good, then why is he doing a snake draft??"

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Alright, I think you guys will be happy with how I did in this draft. More Beersheets friendly. There's a few picks I cut off at the bottom cause I had to leave early so I'll have to drop those players when the commish inputs them.

I'm #5, Stephan.

Yes, I picked Gordon over Zeke and Kamara again. Because Cowboys suck and I'll take volume over talent.

Check out Deez Nuts team though lolz

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

Alright, I think you guys will be happy with how I did in this draft. More Beersheets friendly. There's a few picks I cut off at the bottom cause I had to leave early so I'll have to drop those players when the commish inputs them.

I'm #5, Stephan.

Yes, I picked Gordon over Zeke and Kamara again. Because Cowboys suck and I'll take volume over talent.

B-Cox wins that draft

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Do I keep Melvin Gordon or Brady in this league? 12 teams, 1 keeper (takes place of 1st rounder).

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Do I keep Melvin Gordon or Brady in this league? 12 teams, 1 keeper (takes place of 1st rounder).

Unless you are playing more than one QB, you keep Gordon.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

I'm #5, Stephan.

If your team isn't a Half Life joke you've wasted this draft completely.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

In before everybody else.

20 MAN GOON LEAGUE.

I was pick #2.

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: David Johnson
WR: Keelan Cole
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Mark Ingram
FLEX: Carlos Hyde
K: the cut Vikings kicker
DEF: Steelers

Bench:
Adrian Peterson
Corey Clement
Mike Williams
Case Keenum
Brandon Marshall

It sucks and you should trade all your players away. :colbert:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Enemu posted:

12 team 0.5 PPR, 1st pick

QB: C. Newton/M. Trubisky
RB: T. Gurley II/J. Mixon/D. Lewis/J. Kelly
WR: T.Y. Hilton/M. Jones Jr/P. Garcon/C. Kupp/R. Matthews
TE: E. Engram/O.J. Howard
D/S/T: Vikings
K: J. Tucker

Bench is meh, but I'm happy with my starters.

Trubisky has no role on your team since Cam is an every week starter.. Drop him for another RB. Other than that it looks good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dee Nuts should be banned from fantasy football for that draft. What the gently caress.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If your team isn't a Half Life joke you've wasted this draft completely.

I'm confused.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

Dee Nuts should be banned from fantasy football for that draft. What the gently caress.

I think he ate a good brownie before the draft. He is new to the league and claims to have played in many leagues.

I personally don't know where they found the guy. Commish claims he was trying to fill the #12 spot.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
ESPN Standard (3x WR, 1x FLEX), #5 Pick:

QB: Luck (9), Ryan (13)
RB: CMC (2), McKinnon (3), Ajayi (6), Kerryon Johnson (8), AP (11), J.Williams (12)
WR: A.Brown (1), Tate (5), Davis (7), Edelman (10)
TE: Ertz (4), Kittle (14)
Def: Chargers
K: Philly

I auto-drafted Ertz at 4 while my computer blew up, and had to phone draft, would have loved to have Baldwin. I know I need to drop Kittle, I just sort of panicked but I'm super happy with this draft outside of it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

89 posted:

I'm confused.

the last names of your R1 and R2 picks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

AnacondaHL posted:

the last names of your R1 and R2 picks

Oh, lol. Usually this league is super competitive. I've never won. $100 entry. I got sniped on a few picks (Coleman to cuff Freeman mostly. I also wanted to draft Reed and cuff him with Vernon). I also almost drafted Ingram instead of Landry.

RBs got thin as gently caress. Buuut my WRs tho.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

I'm confused.

I'm more upset about this than you valuing Gordon over Karmara.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

In my 12 man league with one less bench spot than usual, one guy drafted 4 qbs: Cousins, Wentz, Mariota, Bortles.

He messaged the groupchat saying he had qbs to move

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My team after my draft tonight

12 team Yahoo non PPR 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, K, DEF:

1. Leveon Bell (RB - PIT)
2. Jordan Howard (RB - CHI)
3. Doug Baldwin (WR - SEA)
4. Allen Robinson (WR - CHI)
5. Demaryius Thomas (WR - DEN)
6. Sammy Watkins (WR- KC)
7. Kirk Cousins (QB - MIN)
8. Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)
9. Peyton Barber (TB - RB)
10. Chargers D
11. Chris Godwin (TB- WR)
12. Jack Doyle (TE - IND)
13. Matt Bryant (K - ATL)
14. Tyrell Williams (WR- LAC)

I would welcome feedback

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 27, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

poly and open-minded posted:

In my 12 man league with one less bench spot than usual, one guy drafted 4 qbs: Cousins, Wentz, Mariota, Bortles.

Move to the waiver wire, I presume

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

poly and open-minded posted:

Oh? Does he have anyone better than that because woof.

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Would you drop anyone for Edelman? 0.5PPR, 2wr, 2rb, 1wrt, 10 team

code:
WR: Hilton, Hogan, Cooks, Funchess, Cobb
RB: Gordon, Fournette, Mixon, Hyde, Jamaal Williams, Mack 

Leaning Cobb, Williams or Mack

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

WaveLength posted:

Would you drop anyone for Edelman? 0.5PPR, 2wr, 2rb, 1wrt, 10 team

code:
WR: Hilton, Hogan, Cooks, Funchess, Cobb
RB: Gordon, Fournette, Mixon, Hyde, Jamaal Williams, Mack 
Leaning Cobb, Williams or Mack

I’m dropping Mack or Cobb there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is Cordarelle Patterson or Phillip Dorsett more valuable this year?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

Is Cordarelle Patterson or Phillip Dorsett more valuable this year?

I'd vote Patterson based on his usage in the preseason (leads Patriots receivers, sparked on some plays)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would you drop Corey Clement for TJ Logan in dynasty

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
14 team, $225, .5ppr auction this Saturday. For some reason ESPN had Houston as a DL player, but it won't let me put him in that spot, so I had to grab JPP as well. He's already been dropped for Foreman (who has been moved to IR and a claim placed for RoJo, who someone dropped post-draft). Richardson was dropped for Cole. I'm a bit ambivalent about all of this. What do y'all think?

QB Deshaun Watson $9
RB Devonta Freeman $46
RB Dion Lewis $15
WR Keenan Allen $63
WR Brandin Cooks $34
TE George Kittle $1
FLEX Jarvis Landry $26
LB Von Miller Denver $1
DL Jason Pierre-Paul $1
DB Barry Church $1
DP Alec Ogletree $1
K Daniel Carlson $1
BE Tarik Cohen $5
BE Will Fuller V $8
BE Aaron Jones $5
BE Kenny Stills $5
BE Paul Richardson $1
BE Justin Houston $1
BE Matt Breida $1

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Keith Atherton posted:

My team after my draft tonight

12 team Yahoo non PPR 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, K, DEF:

1. Leveon Bell (RB - PIT)
2. Jordan Howard (RB - CHI)
3. Doug Baldwin (WR - SEA)
4. Allen Robinson (WR - CHI)
5. Demaryius Thomas (WR - DEN)
6. Sammy Watkins (WR- KC)
7. Kirk Cousins (QB - MIN)
8. Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)
9. Peyton Barber (TB - RB)
10. Chargers D
11. Chris Godwin (TB- WR)
12. Jack Doyle (TE - IND)
13. Matt Bryant (K - ATL)
14. Tyrell Williams (WR- LAC)

I would welcome feedback

If either Demaryius or Watkins amount to be a reliable WR2 this year then you've got a solid core group, I just don't know about your depth. A couple injuries really screw you over. It's possible Godwin moves up on the depth chart in TB, and it's possible Peyton Barber is a reliable RB based on volume alone. I think Jamaal Williams actually separating himself from Jones at RB in Green Bay and becoming a focal point of the GB offense will really benefit you.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
We can trade draft picks in my 12-team league, so as I tanked last season, I got a couple of extra early round picks in exchange for late ones. Got to use my one keeper to keep Kareem Hunt in exchange for a 4th round pick. 1PPR, 2WR/2RB/1QB/1TE/2 FLEX . I know I reached for Burkhead, but I think he'll get great usage this year in NE. Some scrappy white guy's gotta replace Edelman for a few weeks.

1. DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2. Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
3. Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
3. T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
4. Kareem Hunt (KEEPER) (KC - RB)
5. Michael Crabtree (OAK - WR)
6. Rex Burkhead (NE - RB)
7. Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
7. Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
8. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
9. Pierre Garcon (SF - WR)
10. Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB)
11. Mike Williams (SD - WR)
13. Bilal Powell (NYJ - RB)
14. Anthony Miller (Chi - WR)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Pick 1 Keeper, 6pt TD, .5 PPR

1st Round - Devonta Freeman
3rd Round - Ezekiel Elliot
5th Round - Todd Gurley
10th Round - Alvin Kamara

I draft 4th overall so if I keep Gurley I might be able to grab Kamara or Elliot is might current line of thinking.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

5th Round - Todd Gurley

I draft 4th overall so if I keep Gurley I might be able to grab Kamara or Elliot is might current line of thinking.

There’s no way you didn’t win the championship last year. Gurley + Kamara alone made up a lot of championship teams.

My first reaction was “how is this even a question” then I noticed it is 6pt TD.

You said you are fourth, but is that after considering whether or not the first three even have first round picks available? If they all have picks available, don’t expect Kamara to be available, MAYBE Zeke but that’s a long shot. I would go with your idea of sticking with Gurley because he has no competition in LAR but man it’s hard to pass up the insane value of keeping Kamara.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

There’s no way you didn’t win the championship last year. Gurley + Kamara alone made up a lot of championship teams.

My first reaction was “how is this even a question” then I noticed it is 6pt TD.

You said you are fourth, but is that after considering whether or not the first three even have first round picks available? If they all have picks available, don’t expect Kamara to be available, MAYBE Zeke but that’s a long shot. I would go with your idea of sticking with Gurley because he has no competition in LAR but man it’s hard to pass up the insane value of keeping Kamara.

Yeah. They're both great values. I'd agree that the first step is to suss out if all 3 guys in front of you are likely to have picks. I figure there's a chance Kamara or Zeke comes back, but no chance Gurley does.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DariusLikewise posted:

5th Round - Todd Gurley

Keep Gurley. I'm sure you'll have a shot at Kamara.

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah. They're both great values. I'd agree that the first step is to suss out if all 3 guys in front of you are likely to have picks. I figure there's a chance Kamara or Zeke comes back, but no chance Gurley does.

Are the other top tier RBs getting kept or are they all out?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1034119186686111744?s=20

How does Hugh still have a job?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
10 manAuction draft tonight, .5ppr, 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/flex 150 budget (top guys always over valued , usually top 5 go for 40+) . Where can I customize scoring and get projections for free? Fftoolbox is what I used to use but isn't doable anymore it seems

90% of years I spend a ton of money on top qb and te and then lose and by God this year I'm going to get David Johnson come hell or high water

Edit: nevermind found the beer sheet hell yeah

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 27, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I don't know. It's loving stupid as hell. If he's healthy, why not play him? Is he punishing him for seeking the help he needs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So did the Football Absurdity dudes abandon that Slack channel or what?