Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

njsykora posted:

Given that the Indie showcase this week was seemingly entirely a Nintendo UK/Europe thing, I wouldn't actually be surprised if this was largely the same stuff just for the Americans who didn't look at any of the stuff this week because it was Europe.
Yeah I thought that was weird. But it says unannounced stuff so there’ll still be something new.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Has anyone tried Morphies Law yet? It looks neat.
Maybe check impressions. I saw when it came out online was unplayably laggy or something but I guess they have a patch in the works or out soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I tried Morphies Law for ten minutes, it ran like poo poo and looked unfinished and I couldn't make it through a single match without connection errors.

My guess is the NOA Nindies thing will have a release date for Undertale and something Shovel Knight related, hopefully a date for King of Cards but maybe just an amiibo update or whatever.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I think Morphies Law is alright, it runs pretty well at 60fps with some drops and the resolution looks somewhere between 720p and 1080p docked. The game definitely has connection issues, but it seems to have improved for me since the release day
If you try out the game offline VS ai bots I think it plays pretty well, the gyro controls feel almost exactly like Splatoon 2.

They just submitted a patch to nintendo that fixes a few bugs and should improve matchmaking proximity, plus they said they're working on adding dedicated servers

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looked like it'd scratch that satisfying, not CoD of War Battlefield FPS itch, since most shooter games are meh to me, namely the popular series. Like Splat does. I'll add it to my wishlist to at least look at later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's NIGHT TRAP day!!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Why?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Because the Brits prevented me from being able to play it 25 years ago.

(That and not having a MegaCD).

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Also there is some modicum of fun you can have with FMV games, if you get yourself into the mindset of doing more watching than playing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Night Trap is a worse Five Nights at Freddy's.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Night Trap owns. Sorry to anyone who can't appreciate schlock and fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Night Trap owns. Sorry to anyone who can't appreciate schlock and fun.

Night trap is a game were they actively hide the schlock as the gameplay doesn’t let you actually watch any of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked watching the ripped FMV but playing night trap sucks.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Night Trap is a trap

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Night crap I think you mean!

I’ll see myself out

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Grabbed Yoku and Hollow Knight because SALE!

Any other good SALE! recs?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fuzz posted:

Any other good SALE! recs?

Have you already played Rayman Legends in other systems? No? Totally get that. Brilliant platformer. It had some performance issues at launch on the Switch, but I hear they fixed it since.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seconding Rayman Legends. It’s a great game with a poo poo ton of content. It also includes most of the levels from Rayman Origins.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Never played any Rayman game. I'll take a look.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Really fun multiplayer platformer but man I wish they’d just make another one

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Really fun multiplayer platformer but man I wish they’d just make another one

I've been expecting one to be announced the last couple of years, surprised nothing has yet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It’s gotta be available on like 10 platforms by now

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Words can't even express how awesome a new Rayman on the Switch would be.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Words can't even express how awesome a new Rayman on the Switch would be.

I actually kind of wish they'd make a new 3D Rayman as I remember those games being pretty decent as well (Rayman 2 is still a drat good looking game even for the time, imagine what they could pull off on a modern console).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 26, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

I've been expecting one to be announced the last couple of years, surprised nothing has yet.

Michel Ancel is busy working on Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Wild which are two games that will probably never come out so rip Rayman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Michel Ancel is busy working on Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Wild which are two games that will probably never come out so rip Rayman

Hey now. BG&E2 will come out and promptly nobody will buy it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rayman Legends owns hardcore.

Take this with a grain of salt if you're not a fan of 2D platformers akin to New Super Mario Bros. or Kirby.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Looking for an indie game recommendation. Got a work weekend coming up where I have to go away to a place with no internet and was hoping to download a new game to take with me. I am not really into traditional platforming or shooters, I prefer strategy, rpgs and generally chilled stuff like stardew.

I was thinking one of these: night in the woods, West of loathing, prison architect, bad north, old man journey....

Any feedback on these games and how they run on switch would be appreciated? Also open to other suggestions! Otherwise I might just take my 3ds and finish my unfinished Phoenix wright games, as I bought them all and then burnt out by the 5th one!!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Night in the Woods was alright, there's not really anything to the gameplay but the story, characters, and dialog are great. It didn't run perfectly but it didn't run badly either, plus it doesn't really matter since the gameplay isn't important.

Maybe you'll like Crossing Souls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqfw3CSlsQA
I think I'm about halfway and I've enjoyed it quite a bit

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
The definitive port of Hyper Light Drifter was supposed to be out "this summer" and this week will close out August (drat, when I was a kid summer felt longer...) so maybe it'll drop on Wednesday?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah and Dark Souls 1 was supposed to be out 'summer' too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a demo for a game called Earthlock I played recently and really enjoyed, maybe worth checking out.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

nerd_of_prey posted:

Looking for an indie game recommendation. Got a work weekend coming up where I have to go away to a place with no internet and was hoping to download a new game to take with me. I am not really into traditional platforming or shooters, I prefer strategy, rpgs and generally chilled stuff like stardew.

I was thinking one of these: night in the woods, West of loathing, prison architect, bad north, old man journey....

Any feedback on these games and how they run on switch would be appreciated? Also open to other suggestions! Otherwise I might just take my 3ds and finish my unfinished Phoenix wright games, as I bought them all and then burnt out by the 5th one!!

Into the breach just came out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I heard the new FF7 remake is coming to switch

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I heard the new FF7 remake is coming to switch

We'll be on a new console cycle before that thing is released.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How has square not made the FF7 remake already?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Spacebump posted:

They announced it the moment they thought it would be a good idea instead of a few months before release like sane people.

As for why they didn't come up with making it earlier, :shrug:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Does Towerfall bring anything significant for a single player experience?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever.

They're going to go through 8 engine changes, 5 studios, 16 directors, and then just unceremoniously dump a broken piece of poo poo on the world and board up their offices.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aithon posted:

They announced it the moment they thought it would be a good idea instead of a few months before release like sane people.

As for why they didn't come up with making it earlier, :shrug:

Because they gave it to Nomura to direct when he was still trying to get FFXV out the door before it got reassigned (and finished), and is still working on getting Kingdom Hearts III done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Because they gave it to Nomura to direct when he was still trying to get FFXV out the door before it got reassigned (and finished), and is still working on getting Kingdom Hearts III done.

In addition to that, the studio doing the primary development, CyberConnect2, did such a lovely job that they were fired and Square had to restart development from scratch when they took production in-house.