Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Waffleman_ posted:

And then he was in a phone call with some marketers on how not to be racist and complained because people let Colonel Sanders say the N word.

That's really underselling what he said, his reason for the n-word not being so bad was verbatim "We used to drag [n-word]s behind trucks in Indiana"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Those last five words seem like an odd qualifier.

There's actually no evidence Col. Sanders ever used that word, or at least nobody still alive can remember it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Wendys solves the chicken and lemonade problem. The waffle fries though...does any other fast food chain even have waffle fries?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
asian kfc is pretty good.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Buy a man waffle fries, and you feed him for 5 minutes. Teach a man how to make his own waffle fries, and his arteries will never forgive you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yLNTffFxo

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Wendy's has the whole tomato issue though. https://www.avclub.com/eating-tomatoes-from-wendy-s-is-the-hot-new-way-to-own-1821993648

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
In their home state Chick-Fil-A's started out as Dwarf House restaurants. As in they had little decorative dwarf doors in the front and you sat down and your food was delivered to you (you walked in through regular sized doors). There are still a few around including their original location which is open 24/6. They're kind of lame except for the novelty and they cost like 10% more than Chick-Fil-A's already upper tier prices plus you have to tip.

And during Lent some locations serve fish sandwiches. So you see, Chick-Fil-A is tolerant. They even sell to Catholics.

Choco1980 posted:

Wendy's beef burgers are pretty middle of the road, but they have some of the best fast food drive-thru type chicken meat out there I've experienced. And their main political stance is helping kids get adopted, not discriminating against people. YMMV

I personally prefer Wendy's because if I'm going to eat fast food I don't want to spend 20 minutes in a drive-thru. But all my friends and family love Chick-Fil-A so I know far more about that chain than I ever really wanted to know.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I read it at first as 'Chick-Fil-A started out as Dwarf Fortress'

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The Papa John's nearest to my house used to actually be quite good. I tried it six years ago, for the first time in a decade, and I was like "...Actually, this is drat good!"

Then I guess the guy they had working there left, or something, because about 18 months ago the quality dropped drastically.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

This is a chicken sandwich. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

MrYenko posted:

The ingredients are superiorly minced chicken, masterfully minced chicken, superiorly minced chicken, well-minced chicken, and finely-minced dwarven ale.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It menaces with spikes of mayonnaise.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

asian kfc is pretty good.

Yeah my family is Chinese and China is a strange place for western fast food brands where KFC is by far the biggest and most popular fast food thing and Pizza Hut is a fancy sit down pizza restaurant.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Those last five words seem like an odd qualifier.

Col. Sanders said it all the time about (what he assumed was) white people on Xbox Live.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Krispy Wafer posted:

In their home state Chick-Fil-A's started out as Dwarf House restaurants. As in they had little decorative dwarf doors in the front and you sat down and your food was delivered to you (you walked in through regular sized doors). There are still a few around including their original location which is open 24/6. They're kind of lame except for the novelty and they cost like 10% more than Chick-Fil-A's already upper tier prices plus you have to tip.

And during Lent some locations serve fish sandwiches. So you see, Chick-Fil-A is tolerant. They even sell to Catholics.

I personally prefer Wendy's because if I'm going to eat fast food I don't want to spend 20 minutes in a drive-thru. But all my friends and family love Chick-Fil-A so I know far more about that chain than I ever really wanted to know.

Dwarf houses also have the Chick Fil A "Hot Brown" which is delicious and very bad for you.

A couple of them still do all you can eat nugget nights (on Wednesdays? I haven't been since high school when I had the metabolism for such a thing).

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MrYenko posted:

It can't be that great of an example of craftdwarfship I mean it doesn't have any...

RBA Starblade posted:

It menaces with spikes of mayonnaise.

ah, there we go.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I'm insanely loving annoyed at any discussion of Chick-Fil-A because the name makes no sense to me. Is it supposed to be a pun? Chick Filler? Filett? Everybody spells it differently too. What does it mean?

That's my dumb marketing problem. At least they don't exist where I live so I don't have to listen to people pronounce this nightmare name.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

I'm insanely loving annoyed at any discussion of Chick-Fil-A because the name makes no sense to me. Is it supposed to be a pun? Chick Filler? Filett? Everybody spells it differently too. What does it mean?

That's my dumb marketing problem. At least they don't exist where I live so I don't have to listen to people pronounce this nightmare name.

chicken fillet

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Simply Simon posted:

It's chick(en) fillet pronounced the French way.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mu Zeta posted:

It's chick(en) fillet pronounced the French way.

Does anyone pronounce filet with a hard t at the end?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

MrYenko posted:

I loving hope not

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

MrYenko posted:

They do all the time on MasterChef Australia.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MrYenko posted:

We do in engineering, it's spelled "fillet" though.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Iron Crowned posted:

We do in engineering, it's spelled "fillet" though.

English is super dumb, but ya I wasn’t speaking of that word.

:v:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MrYenko posted:

I think its a thing aussies and brits do, but I could be mistaken.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

MrYenko posted:

My buddy’s wife does. Another word like this is “foyer” with an R instead of “fo-yay”.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

MrYenko posted:

When my in laws are speaking Spanish they always pronounce words like filet, bouquet, sorbet, etc phonetically.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

I think its a thing aussies and brits do, but I could be mistaken.

Definitely a thing in Australia.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Simply Simon posted:

I'm insanely loving annoyed at any discussion of Chick-Fil-A because the name makes no sense to me. Is it supposed to be a pun?
It's one of those "puns" that isn't really a pun it's just a word spelled wrong. It's infuriating.

MrYenko posted:

Only Americans do the fake French pronunciation of random words (eg. "filet" and "herb").

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You guys can't even pronounce "lieutenant" correctly so...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tiggum posted:

It's one of those "puns" that isn't really a pun it's just a word spelled wrong. It's infuriating.

Only Americans do the fake French pronunciation of random words (eg. "filet" and "herb").

Good thing Chick-fil-A is an American company then.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fillet?s=t and also a valid pronunciation

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Chicken Fillet Y'all is apparently a popular subject of ASMR videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8udFXUGvOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkNpYF8C36E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW6VaUqosvo

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That took me a second to see, but wow, I don't imagine that post is up for long.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zil posted:

That took me a second to see, but wow, I don't imagine that post is up for long.

I was like "Oh yeah that skull thing looks kinda nazi-y, that's not going to go down wel- OH gently caress"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Len posted:

Good thing Chick-Fil-A is an American company then.

Those were replies to separate posts about separate things. Even in American English "Chick-Fil-A" isn't a double meaning or a play on words, its just a word spelled wrong. Like, "filet" and "Fil-A" are pronounced the same, but one of them is a word and the other isn't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Those were replies to separate posts about separate things. Even in American English "Chick-Fil-A" isn't a double meaning or a play on words, its just a word spelled wrong. Like, "filet" and "Fil-A" are pronounced the same, but one of them is a word and the other isn't.
You can trademark "Fil-A" but it's much harder to do "Filet" and have it stick

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Can I trademark Chick Fil-A-tio?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Wow that took me way too long. Whoo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

jojoinnit posted:

Wow that took me way too long. Whoo boy.

"what is it, is it the text or the HOLY gently caress"